PDA

View Full Version : stringing problem

Steve Dykstra
07-01-2004, 07:53 PM
I have been stringing on my klippermate for over a year and I am pretty good at it now. I can string my racquets and most others easily in a half hour with no trouble. However, there are certain racquets that make me really mad, such as the Wilson Hammer H6. I have only learned how to string using a two piece method. The problem is that after the mains are tensioned and I am trying to finish up the crosses, the last main has to go in a hole which is beneath 2 tensioned strings from the mains. How the hell am I supposed to get it in there. I broke my awl trying to move the strings and then one of the strings I was trying to move broke before I could get the cross in the hole. This has happened to me before and I am wondering what others have done to solve this problem. Thanks.

drop shot
07-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Next time if you see that there is going to be a hole that will be blocked, before it becomes blocked place a piece scrap string in the hole and when it's time to thread thru the hole, push the string in while you pull the scrap piece out. Works for me. Hope it helps

Gaines Hillix
07-02-2004, 05:41 AM
Since you are doing a two piece job here, you can weave the crosses at the offending locations just before installing the last mains and leave the string hanging there until you install those last couple of mains that are blocking you. If the strings are blocked on the outside of the frame, you can install pieces of scrap string on the outside of the frame where the string crosses over from one hole to the next. Pull tension so the loop of string holds the scrap string in place. Then when it's time to insert the cross, grasp both ends of the scrap piece with your fingers or pliers and pull the blocking string out of the way.