PDA

View Full Version : Roger Federer's new shoes

Air Sampras
03-02-2004, 05:44 PM
I may be a little bit late on this, but has anyone seen the shoes Federer has worn recently? I know the Nike Air Zoom Breathe Free II shoes are being released in April, so maybe these are it, since the pros probably get their gear early. They look pretty sweet to me; I have also heard that they will be customizable.

Also, has anyone seen the Jordan Ace tennis shoes? Something totally different from the Jordan line. It is too bad Nike doesn't come out with a Sampras retro line of clothing and shoes, such as his black and red ones from years ago.

Here is the link to the picture of Federer: http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/CFW/details.aspx?iid=3032612&print=true

Tennis Sucks
03-02-2004, 08:40 PM
Federer is wearing the Air Zoom Vapor. It was supposed to be out already.

Air Sampras
03-03-2004, 02:29 AM
Ah, so that is what I have been reading about on these boards. Has anyone seen the replacements for the Nike Air Zoom Breathe Free shoe?

jings
03-03-2004, 04:04 AM
Interestingly Fed wore the Vapours in HK en route to Aussie Open, but played the Aussie in Breathe Frees. This was about the same time that there were rumblings on the boards that the Vapours were delayed .... You can make your own call.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-03-2004, 07:43 PM
The breathes still look much better. Breathes may be the coolest shoes like ever. These vapors kinda look like the implosions, hope they have some whiter ones though.

AAAA
03-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Those Fed Vapors look brilliant. White all-round with metallic looking banding. The Nike swoosh is small and discrete = class.

Air Sampras
03-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Does anyone know of a release date for the Vapors if they indeed are coming out? My guess would be in April, but I cannot say for sure.

J-Boogs
03-04-2004, 04:22 PM
those are the vapors... nike is coming out with a white version and a silver/gray version.. the breathe free 2 is ugly.. i really like the version out right now.. i think the breathe free 2 is the only new shoe coming out this fall.. all the other shoes are just getting new colors... i think but i'm not really sure.. i cant remember cuz i saw it in the nike catalogue

pabletion
12-13-2007, 09:07 AM
[QUOTE=Air Sampras;5134]I may be a little bit late on this, but has anyone seen the shoes Federer has worn recently? I know the Nike Air Zoom Breathe Free II shoes are being released in April, so maybe these are it, since the pros probably get their gear early. They look pretty sweet to me; I have also heard that they will be customizable.

Also, has anyone seen the Jordan Ace tennis shoes? Something totally different from the Jordan line. It is too bad Nike doesn't come out with a Sampras retro line of clothing and shoes, such as his black and red ones from years ago.

Are you reffering to the Sampras shoes that were made similar to Air Jordans?? Mannn I would've loved to have those (Being an MJ diehard fan...), but I remember they were never on sale, made exclusively for Pete since he's a big B-ball fan... I've tried to search for pics, anyone has some????? Like Mars said.... its gotta be the shoes!

sunflowerhx
12-13-2007, 12:26 PM
.... have also heard that they will be customizable.

Exactly how is a pair of trainers customizable?

Do you add lead?

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
12-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Exactly how is a pair of trainers customizable?

Do you add lead?

Nike has a special feature online, and an ID store in New York that you can customize selected sneakers into colors of your liking....

http://nikeid.nike.com/nikeid/index.jhtml;nisessionid=Z3UGV3QKYKZMCCQFTBECF3Y?_r equestid=3059993#home

They haven't done ID's for tennis shoes since the Breathe II first launched.

TMCW140
12-14-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm confused-Federer has been wearing customized(different sole and supports) Air Vapor Zoom 4's since the AO last year, and is meant to be wearing the 5's this AO. There's pics up on other threads

10nisDude~
12-14-2007, 11:57 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=1938873#post1938873

yea..thats my thread...

TennisandMusic
12-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Man, you guys need to look at the date of the original post. :shock:

10nisDude~
12-14-2007, 12:49 PM
hahaha wow....2004...

Connelly
12-14-2007, 01:04 PM
lol almost 4 years old.

AlpineCadet
12-17-2007, 10:04 PM
lol almost 4 years old.Hey, it's still news to some, right? Next thing you know, they'll be claiming that RF actually uses the retail k90, and we'll have to update him on the facts as well.

okdude1992
12-27-2007, 01:05 PM
AlpineCadet was that a stab at BP i detect? what is it with you two?

AlpineCadet
12-27-2007, 01:13 PM
AlpineCadet was that a stab at BP i detect?
What do you mean? Is BP the only person who claims that Federer uses a retail k90? :confused: (Wow, this thread was dead. Good job bumping it up. BTW, are you armand, the banned user?)

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=168002

okdude1992
12-28-2007, 10:21 AM
jeez sorry to offend you. BP is the only knowledgable person ive ever heard claim federer uses a retail k90. I didn't know you meant all the people who don't know the game well and are unaware of paint jobs. I was just reading another thread where you two were going at it and drew my own conclusions.
For your information i am not armand. I have his quote as my sig because i thought it was funny if thats what you were suggesting.

okdude1992
12-28-2007, 10:23 AM
btw what was the purpose of posting that other thread??

AlpineCadet
12-28-2007, 12:45 PM
btw what was the purpose of posting that other thread??
You should read through it, especially the last few pages since it covers the topic of Federer's/Sampras' racket. Let me know what you think! Cheers.