PDA

View Full Version : Advice for arm-friendly teaching racket...

A. Tacker
07-01-2004, 10:54 PM
I am a shoulder/wrist sufferer and use flexy c10's when I play, but it's just too much for teaching my beginners and intermediates. Any suggestions out there for a good teaching racket that's arm friendly and will allow me to send the ball across the court without swinging like a madman...Thank you!

K!ck5w3rvE
07-01-2004, 11:07 PM
Prince TT Warrior. I know they have a strong record of breaking in the throat, but if you do a search on the boards, you'll find a post which says that they are releasing a 'new TT Warrior', which has stuff in the throat to make it stronger. I haven't coached with it, but it fits fantastically well into the criteria.

JohnThomas1
07-02-2004, 02:42 AM
I found a racquet for my friend with pretty much the exact same needs as you. We nabbed a Liquidmetal 4 and he hasn't looked back. Reasonably light, nice on the arm and easy power.

lofoblast
07-02-2004, 03:18 AM
Fischer GDS Rally FT - 24 mm flat beam - 102 headsize - 16X19 String pattern - 285gr unstrung - unstrung balance 33cm headlight - GDS Handle system is the best dampening handle technology.

http://www.centercourt.de/shop/media/fischer_gds_rally_****.jpg

lanky
07-02-2004, 03:24 AM
try a pro-kennex kinetic either 5g or if you want a light racquet 15g

sw00sh
07-02-2004, 07:20 AM
hi lofoblast,
where did you get that cool GDS Rally?? I would love that cosmetic instead of its normal one that they selling. I have one piece of it, and totally agree that is great for coaches playing or feeding balls to beginners/intermediates students.

thanks.
marc

lofoblast
07-02-2004, 10:26 AM
Swoosh, I will receive some brand new Fischer GDS Rally FT (same cosmetics as in the picture that I posted) in a few days (less than one week), in 4-3/8 gripsize, and will sell 2 racquets at $200 + shipping for the pair or $100 + shipping for one racquet.

Email me if you are interested.

NoBadMojo
07-02-2004, 10:37 AM
just string your c10pro more loosely w. a nice soft powerful string if you dont already play w. a setup like that. i teach w. what i play with (usually)..all the other pros around here do as well. i have one strung lower for teaching with that also works to play matches with when the strings are feeling kind of dead down here from the humidity. if you are a teaching pro, it shouldnt be your arm that feels the brunt of things, it would be your back..your knees, and other stuff. ed

tennisnj
07-02-2004, 12:23 PM
I'm a teaching pro & my arms, wrists & shoulders are what hurts after constant teaching. It's never my legs, feet or back. Where are you teaching that it's your legs, feet & back? 8) 8)

NoBadMojo
07-02-2004, 02:02 PM
tennisnj i'm older now.....the other older pros i know have bad backs and knees and hips and stuff but not shoulder or wrist or elbow probs. you can kind of tell the older pros..we get up out of our chairs a piece at a time ;). i've also always used flexy frames and have never had elbow or wrist or shoulder problems in my life...maybe you havent been doing it for so many years? you should be able to give the original poster some good advice then since you two are in the same boat? i just use what i play matches with and string lower..it just isnt a big deal. it really doesnt take a whole lot of energy to feed balls IMO but to each their own. i teach on nothing but the dirt these days by the way. ed

perfmode
07-02-2004, 02:15 PM
Swoosh, I will receive some brand new Fischer GDS Rally FT (same cosmetics as in the picture that I posted) in a few days (less than one week), in 4-3/8 gripsize, and will sell 2 racquets at $200 + shipping for the pair or $100 + shipping for one racquet.

Email me if you are interested.

WHAT IS YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS?

lofoblast
07-02-2004, 03:15 PM
lofoblast@aol.com