Reach and rip.

You dont learn to serve big not serving big

Second serves miss big

You dont learn to hit big second serves hitting

mary poppins style

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h207/beachtennis/hammer.jpg

Land on left foot for right hand player and thrust right leg back

See it in the pic look for it next time you watch some tennis on tv

Get a paper towel roll and look thur it with one eye and only watch the leg action of the pros!

Explode and land

Have a ball placement way out in front to serve big

Its not a toss but a ball placement

3-5 feet out in front of baseline

yes i said 3-5 feet

Nice tempo and let it go

pro_staff
05-18-2006, 06:58 PM
that's a really gross tan on his arm...

Ammo
05-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Work the core.

Do your sit ups.

Reach and rip.

Second serves miss big

mary poppins style

Get a paper towel roll and look thur it with one eye and only watch the leg action of the pros!

Explode and land

yes i said 3-5 feet

Nice tempo and let it go

3-5!? ur kidding right?:confused:

BeachTennis
05-18-2006, 07:17 PM
3-5!? ur kidding right?:confused:

The servers in the game are putting way into the court.

Start the point with good court penatration

Put it out in front and go get

Toss to the swing

Don't swing to the toss

No not kidding !!

3-5 feet !!

str33t
05-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Work the core

I did 150 sit-ups today :D does that count ?

BeachTennis
05-20-2006, 05:48 AM
that's a really gross tan on his arm...

Thats what happens when you are on the court all day with shirt on being a professional !

Thats why I Love Beach Tennis

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h207/beachtennis/tanman.jpg

chex
05-20-2006, 10:18 AM
agha... our coach makes us run 2-3 miles before practice everyday ... 2 miles on stairs... or 3 on track.. after 150 jump ropes
then we do sprints on the court for bout 10 minutes after practice... than we do 300 more jump ropes... another 150 sit ups, and 60 push ups...
that takes nearly an hour out of the 2 and a half hours we practice everyday. Do you think it's worth it? Or do you think A lot of that hour is better spent, actually practicing with the racquet?

Bungalo Bill
05-20-2006, 10:31 AM
agha... our coach makes us run 2-3 miles before practice everyday ... 2 miles on stairs... or 3 on track.. after 150 jump ropes
then we do sprints on the court for bout 10 minutes after practice... than we do 300 more jump ropes... another 150 sit ups, and 60 push ups...
that takes nearly an hour out of the 2 and a half hours we practice everyday. Do you think it's worth it? Or do you think A lot of that hour is better spent, actually practicing with the racquet?

I think it is worth it and love to hear coaches doing this. But there also has to be a balance. Tough to do sometimes as both coaches and players want to realize their common goals.

LowProfile
05-20-2006, 11:02 AM
3-5 feet is far too much. Unless you're also making contact 12 feet above the ground, you're going to lose balance and dump the shot into the bottom of the net. 2 feet is considered an extreme extension. Of course the taller you are, the farther out in front you can toss the ball, but 3-5 feet is far, far too much.

10-14 inches is a good compromise for most. And this is on flat serves.

BeachTennis
05-21-2006, 04:50 PM
3-5 feet is far too much. Unless you're also making contact 12 feet above the ground, you're going to lose balance and dump the shot into the bottom of the net. 2 feet is considered an extreme extension. Of course the taller you are, the farther out in front you can toss the ball, but 3-5 feet is far, far too much.

10-14 inches is a good compromise for most. And this is on flat serves.

How far out in front for the bomber?

Like a 125 any place in the box !

Ammo
05-21-2006, 04:54 PM
For me, I just toss the ball an arm's length in front of me.

BeachTennis
05-24-2006, 02:23 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h207/beachtennis/usa16.jpg

Duzza
05-30-2006, 02:50 AM
beach tennis is stupid. Play real tennis.
By the way, you're definitely not making 3-5 feet inside the court

BeachTennis
05-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Stand on a alley facing into the alley

set up and hit some first serves

Tossing the ball into the alley

How far out are you !

I am 6-3 and and my toss goes from line to line

was watching Nadal and seems to me he is out there in the 3-4 foot range or court penatration.

He lands well into the court looking to strike like a cobra.

Last time I checked the alley is 4 1/2 feet

Bungalo Bill
05-30-2006, 06:57 PM

Ding, ding...looks like Beach has his first customer. :)

BeachTennis
05-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Stand on a alley facing into the alley

set up and hit some first serves

Tossing the ball into the alley

How far out are you !

I am 6-3 and and my toss goes from line to line

was watching Nadal and seems to me he is out there in the 3-4 foot range or court penatration.

He lands well into the court looking to strike like a cobra.

Last time I checked the alley is 4 1/2 feet

guedoguedo
05-31-2006, 09:21 AM
habib! go to your video swing thread damnit!

Bungalo Bill
05-31-2006, 09:28 AM
habib! go to your video swing thread damnit!

Please don't use the word DAMNIT, it sounds like you are mad. It hurts my feelings and it makes me want to cry.

GrandSlam Legend
05-31-2006, 09:49 AM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h207/beachtennis/usa16.jpg

i agree with everything said above

beach tennis is a jerk for quoting his own post. not sure... but he doesn't even follow his own advice he gives... he doesn't even play real tennis... he is worthless... he is a fraud... he is fake... he doesn't even know how to play tennis... he is just a spectator thinking he understands tennis... he has no qualifications... he has no tournament championships... he has no club championships... he has no proof... all he has is his television, the internet and is a very lonely man... go out and play real tennis or leave with your worthless posts.

Bungalo Bill
05-31-2006, 11:04 AM

beach tennis is a jerk for quoting his own post. not sure... but he doesn't even follow his own advice he gives... he doesn't even play real tennis... he is worthless... he is a fraud... he is fake... he doesn't even know how to play tennis... he is just a spectator thinking he understands tennis... he has no qualifications... he has no tournament championships... he has no club championships... he has no proof... all he has is his television, the internet and is a very lonely man... go out and play real tennis or leave with your worthless posts.

Wow, and I thought I was rough on the guy. In defense of Beach Tennis, I do think he plays tennis and I think he plays tennis very well. A small minority of tennis coaches lack good quality strokes in all areas. When I took the USPTA course, every person there had extensive training in their tennis development irregardless whether they were still hitting the ball on a consistant basis.

I also think he is a very creative man with his Beach Tennis venue.

I don't think he is a fake as he is a coach and loves to coach. So I think he is the real deal. Sometimes I have had trouble with his tips and guidance as being difficult to understand and determining what his point is on something.

But he has come through with some excellent tips, for example, the toss tip. That is a tip I used and heard a long time ago, but completely forgot about it. It is an excellent tip and when he brought that up, I remembered a person telling me this while I was practicing my serve.

So he does know his stuff, I am just trying to get it to come out of him. :)

We need Beach Tennis to continue to post even though him and I can go into verbal blows. ;)

BeachTennis
05-31-2006, 01:23 PM
Wow, and I thought I was rough on the guy. In defense of Beach Tennis, I do think he plays tennis and I think he plays tennis very well. A small minority of tennis coaches lack good quality strokes in all areas. When I took the USPTA course, every person there had extensive training in their tennis development irregardless whether they were still hitting the ball on a consistant basis.

I also think he is a very creative man with his Beach Tennis venue.

I don't think he is a fake as he is a coach and loves to coach. So I think he is the real deal. Sometimes I have had trouble with his tips and guidance as being difficult to understand and determining what his point is on something.

But he has come through with some excellent tips, for example, the toss tip. That is a tip I used and heard a long time ago, but completely forgot about it. It is an excellent tip and when he brought that up, I remembered a person telling me this while I was practicing my serve.

So he does know his stuff, I am just trying to get it to come out of him. :)

We need Beach Tennis to continue to post even though him and I can go into verbal blows. ;)

Thats what I am talking about!

Its Hammer Time!

Bungalo Bill
05-31-2006, 02:19 PM
Thats what I am talking about!

Its Hammer Time!

:cool:

siber222000
05-31-2006, 03:10 PM

everyone has their own style to learn their own tennis, just like how michael chang practiced his volley. everyone has a unique style for learning, and i dont think u have a right to talk like that when u have no proof that his fake or not
remember THINK BEFORE U POST

Bungalo Bill
05-31-2006, 03:22 PM
everyone has their own style to learn their own tennis, just like how michael chang practiced his volley. everyone has a unique style for learning, and i dont think u have a right to talk like that when u have no proof that his fake or not

Sort of agree, everyone has a right to state their opinion good or bad. Everyone has a right to challenge something to prove it out whether it becomes a hard core argument or one that lasts a second.

If people think that this board will actually be peaceful all the time, they are not living in reality. There are too many personalities, too many people interveniing and too many people with their own convictions and beliefs. It is the nature of the boards.

If Beach was a fake he would have wiltered away like so many others. Beach is for real and has good advice to offer.

Duzza
06-01-2006, 05:14 AM

How does Chang practice his volleys?

papa
06-01-2006, 05:47 AM

Two miles on stairs? Think I'd like to see that.

OrangeOne
06-01-2006, 06:05 AM

Quite possibly true, but he's also one of the most athletic tennis players in the world. Just think it's important to recognise that those who are not jumping / launching, especially shorter players, will probably never need the toss landing more than two-ish feet in front. (And yes, it's ok to say that everyone should be jumping, but it's just not practical. Not everyone has the skill, coordination & athleticism to launch into the court off a serve, which is one of the more complex movements across any sport!).

When I was teaching kids, we used to do the "put your racquet on the ground, butt of racquet on the baseline *inside* the court, head towards the net, and practice a ball toss" drill. The aim was to get the ball to land on the strings, which, depending on the age of the kid & size of the racquet - about 1.5 to 2ish feet inside the court. For us 'bigger kids', it's 2 feet. Bigger & athletic kids - you can move the racquet further forward and encourage the jump - maybe have the toss landing at the 3 or 4 foot mark? I can't wait to get back on a court & try it - but I'd think much past this would be impractical for most players.

Why the drill? For beginner kids - primarily to get kids to stop throwing the ball back over their head! *any* forward toss was to be rewarded! Great drill for adults too, as it teaches placement width-ways as well.

It's weird to think, but the serve is one of the few things we have totally in our control, and yet most of us practice it not nearly enough....

JCo872
06-10-2006, 06:11 PM
The servers in the game are putting way into the court.

Start the point with good court penatration

Put it out in front and go get

Toss to the swing

Don't swing to the toss

No not kidding !!

3-5 feet !!

Actually take a look at Leyton Hewitt's serve from the side. It is an insanely in front contact point. It's actually hard to believe he can do it.

JCo872
06-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Work the core.

Do your sit ups.

Reach and rip.

Second serves miss big

mary poppins style

Explode and land

yes i said 3-5 feet

Nice tempo and let it go

Beach,

Great picture. This is actually a perfect example of how the serve is not just a "wrist snap". I mean Beach is right, look at the extension. That's how the pros look after a first serve.

topspin kid
06-10-2006, 06:37 PM
this conversation is really getting interesting because i tried the whole throw out in front of u thing and i got better consistency and some more power( since i havent done a flat serve in a while i think it is a good technique)......
keep up the good work beach tennis you are a real player to me.
Defend yourself with pride!!!!!!!!!!