PDA

View Full Version : You won't believe how I got my nSix-One racquets yesterday

lelopez
07-02-2004, 07:17 AM
Ok, I don't know if this post belongs here, but since I'm also including the impression I got from the racquet I guess it is ok. I know it is a little long, but I think you'll enjoy this story.

I am playing last night with my wife at the public courts when a gentleman walks in with a big Wilson bag. Out of it he pulls out a brand spanking new nSix-One Tour racquet and begins to hit with his partner. I come up to him and say "how do you like the new nCode?" He tells me "well, I got a matched pair of them because I thought they would compare to my Tour 90 matched pair, but honestly I don't like it. I see you're using a Tour 90 (he tells me)."

I wanted to try his racquet out (bold move) so I ask him if I can hit a couple of balls with his nCode. I proceed by giving him my racquet to hold on to. As I hit with his racquet (only a few balls) the first thing I noticed was the fact that the nSix-One Tour is a lot more evenly balanced than the Tour 90. It does not feel "that" head light at all. Anyways I must have hit 4-5 balls and I start walking towards the guy again. I see him taking a look at my masterful hybrid (Lux & synth) string job.

As I'm about to hand his racquet back I tell him "this is a nice racquet" and he responds "do you have another of these Tour 90's?" "Yes" I respond. He then says "are they both new?" I had gotten a matched pair replacement from Wilson about 2 weeks ago when I cracked one of my racquets (Wilson is SO NICE, they replaced BOTH racquets even though only one was damaged).

So I tell him, "yes, this one I've used for about 2 weeks and the other one I have not used at all.....it is in my car." He proceeds by telling me "want to trade?"............I'm like "exsqueeze me? are you serious?" He goes "yes, a new matched pair for a new matched pair......even trade"
I calmly walk to my car, pick up my other Tour 90 and come back to the guy. We do the exchange and he finishes saying "good, now I have four of the racquets that I like".
I say "thanks a lot and enjoy them"........I proceed by getting the heck out of there before he changed his mind.......

I still can't believe it.....I wish I could have hit a little more with it, but now I'll have PLENTY OF TIME for that......I'm still in disbelief that I got a brand new nSix-One Tour matched pair of racquets for my Tour 90 pair......

NOW, I'll do my best to post a more complete review tomorrow after I hit with the racquet today, but looking at it I can say that Wilson did a MUCH BETTER JOB in the paintjob......all you Tour 90 owners know what I mean, specifically where the yellow met the black on the inside of the top of the frame......paintjob on the Tour 90 was really crappy there.
Also, as I said before, the most noticeable thing was the weight distribution of the racquet. It felt more like the PS 6.0 85.........I knew I was holding a player's racquet unlike the Tour 90 that felt incredibly head light even though it is on the same weight range. In the few balls that I hit I was able to find the sweetspot fairly easily, something that I was still working on with my old Tour 90's.

There it is.......I know some of you hate me right now, but what can I say? I was in the right place at the right time......
Hope you enjoyed my anecdote and will write soon....

L.

SC in MA
07-02-2004, 07:34 AM
Great story lelopez ! Congratulations !

And a BOLD move to trade for sticks you've barely hit with ! I'll be greatly looking forward to hearing your hitting experience followup. Keep us posted !

Matt H.
07-02-2004, 08:11 AM
Great story lelopez ! Congratulations !

And a BOLD move to trade for sticks you've barely hit with ! I'll be greatly looking forward to hearing your hitting experience followup. Keep us posted !

Not really when you think about it. The price on the tour 90's have been going way down, and you would be able to get top dollar for the n-codes if you end up not likeing it and decide to sell them. :wink:

jayserinos99
07-02-2004, 08:15 AM
That's so money lelopez. If you do decide to sell them, there's a decent value to them and you can purchase your Tour 90s and end up w/ a profit.

BreakPoint
07-02-2004, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I think a pair of nSix-One Tours are worth twice as much as a pair of Tour 90s on the market right now. Good move!!! But what was that guy thinking?? I guess money is not that important to him. He just wanted the right stick at any price. I guess I feel that way, too, sometimes. Just hope that guy's not reading these boards! :shock: :wink:

lelopez
07-02-2004, 09:42 AM
why do you think i got out of there as soon as possible?

I knew what I was doing.....but my feeling is that I WILL like these racquets.

@wright
07-02-2004, 10:09 AM
Good job lelopez, now aren't you glad you decided to say something to him? I'm itching to try those ncode 90's, don't think I will though. Doesn't it feel nice to get a great deal?

lelopez
07-02-2004, 10:28 AM
Sure does feel good.....that was definitely a lesson learned for the future if I am debating whether to ask something to someone or not.....I may have to play at another court today just to make sure I don't run to the guy so soon, but I can't wait to get to play with these sticks. I will string them tonight with ALU/synth. since right now they are strung with some Gamma stuff......

I'll probably post a review on the stick sometime tomorrow morning....

CliffH
07-02-2004, 06:00 PM
Looking forward to your review of the ncode tour.

I have a demo of it and the ncode 6.1 to compare tonight. Hey, the ncode tour is a little thicker and boxier in the throat compared to the old tour90 :shock: and not much smaller than the 6.1 in headsize :D

Got to love the leather grip!

Aoya
07-02-2004, 07:02 PM
HEY...I want my racquets back. My wife said that your Tour 90's are scratched at the neck.

sarpmas
07-03-2004, 12:54 AM
Dear lelopez, it was gamma livewire pro, and I know what I'm doing too. You can come back to the courts, I'm not chasing you back for the n61.

Morpheus
07-05-2004, 06:18 PM
But what was that guy thinking?? I guess money is not that important to him. He just wanted the right stick at any price. :shock: :wink:

Most of us can't even find the right stick. At least this guy knew what he wanted and made it happen. Skipped the hassle of trying to sell his ncodes and then buying new 90s.