PDA

View Full Version : Davydenko = Agassi Lite

Egalite
05-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Has anyone else noticed the uncanny resemblance between Davydenko and Agassi?

First their appearance - both are bald, the same sort of height, wear the same "too short" shorts, and have the same skinny bow legs.

Their playing styles are identical too: both camp out on the baseline, take the ball very early, like to jerk their opponent around from side to side, and never go anywhere near the net.

Shabazza
05-19-2006, 10:36 AM
I'm waiting for Davydenko to shave his head!

Turning Pro
05-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Yup true

Nalbandian=Agassi Heavy

BaseLineBash
05-19-2006, 03:47 PM
I totally disagree. I can only think of one player with Agassi mannerisms and play mimicry. Nicolas Kiefer.

superman1
05-19-2006, 04:57 PM
Yeah, Kiefer is the only guy that really resembles Agassi, to me. And look at their head-to-head. Kiefer is definitely a poor man's Agassi.

quest01
05-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Baghdatis is also similar to Agassi.

Golden Retriever
05-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Ferrero=Agassi thin
Safin=Agassi big
Any righthanded baseliner with a 2HBH and 1HFH=Agassi clone

This is generalization at its worst.

RadekStepanekTheKing
05-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Baghdatis is also similar to Agassi.

And where do you see the resemblance between them?? I canīt see it.

arosen
05-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Yeah, how's Bags similar to Agassi? Bags doesn't even take the ball early. Plus, his GF is way hotter than Steffi.

Breaker
05-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Yeah, Kiefer is the only guy that really resembles Agassi, to me. And look at their head-to-head. Kiefer is definitely a poor man's Agassi.

Except Kiefer can actually volley.

And can't you all see it by now? NADAL is truely the new Agassi! Forget his left handedness, full head of hair, heavy topspin and standing 800000000 feet behind the baseline the match between him and Agassi at Montreal was truely the passing of the torch.

BaseLineBash
05-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Except Kiefer can actually volley.

And can't you all see it by now? NADAL is truely the new Agassi! Forget his left handedness, full head of hair, heavy topspin and standing 800000000 feet behind the baseline the match between him and Agassi at Montreal was truely the passing of the torch.
I don't think so, they've only played once. Nadal isn't intimidating , Agassi has been his whole career.

BaseLineBash
05-20-2006, 04:17 PM
To be exact, when someone plays Nadal they think, "Ok, I can beat this guy"...but when someone plays Agassi they think, "Ok, this guy is gonna hit the sheeot out of the ball and he's not gonna miss".

quest01
05-20-2006, 06:51 PM
And where do you see the resemblance between them?? I canīt see it.

Not there looks but there playing style is similar.

theartoftennis
05-20-2006, 07:08 PM
James Blake = MATURE YOUNG Agassi

He takes balls extremelly early, has a decent kick serve, and SLAMS balls not caring where the hell they go. Sound familiar?

Andy Hewitt
05-20-2006, 07:19 PM
I'll drink to that!

BaseLineBash
05-20-2006, 07:20 PM
James Blake = MATURE YOUNG Agassi

He takes balls extremelly early, has a decent kick serve, and SLAMS balls not caring where the hell they go. Sound familiar?
I agree James hits the ball hard and has some flash, but whenever he strokes he looks to be off balance. Nicolas Kiefer has the pigeon toed walk, his strokes, backhand and forehand look almost identical to Andre's, a couple of years ago he even shaved his head and left the goatee, he might of even had an earing...they even play similar. As Superman said "Poor mans Agassi"

35ft6
06-05-2006, 01:17 AM
Yo, let's face it = Davydenko is solid. He's mad good. The end.

djedi
06-05-2006, 02:51 AM
I must say that Nadal is the new Agassi, not the look but you can see with how Nadal dress, with the 3/4 pants no sleeve shirt = Agassi in the late 80's with the long hair, striking dress quite shocking in those days. Also Agassi in early days also big in forehand and taking the ball in the baseline. I can go on and on but I really believe that Nadal is the future Agassi as Federer to the future Sampras. What do you think ?

superman1
06-05-2006, 02:58 AM
Nadal has a completely different game from Agassi. Maybe he's slightly similar to a young Agassi who ran a lot and had his best results at the French, but even in his younger days Agassi was more aggressive and would stand closer to the baseline and hit the ball much more flat. Nadal is definitely better than a young Agassi because of his physicality (Andre never worked out much and bragged about a cheeseburger diet). But I really doubt he'll have the same type of career, though I hope he does.