View Full Version : Does anyone here remember the name of this Dunlop vibration dampener?

05-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Used this vibration dampener many years ago and have only one left. I believe it was the 2nd or 3rd gen of vibration dampener designs after the Vibrazorb (or whateve that spongy thing was called); how's that for old school! I'm fairly positive Dunlop's discontinued it. This Dunlop gave me the right feel with the strings -- not completely deadened them but also took most of the ping away; it was just right. Good design with the clamshell lock and was discrete looking.




thomas martinez
05-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Volkl also used to have them for their TR and T9 series of frames and called them Swing Block. The DSG version of this from what I can see on old packaging of both a Dunlop and Slazenger one it's just called Vibration Asorber. They still sell them in Germany where they were a rather huge hit nad if memory serves right, were designed there as well. In the early 90s when I was there, I picked up a few in fluroescent colors as well.

05-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Thank you Thomas. I'll look around the Net to see if any can be purchased in Europe.