PDA

View Full Version : Golden retriever = pusher?

wyutani
05-19-2006, 09:08 PM
is a golden retriever a pushing style of play? what about moonballers? or dinkers? thanks mate'...

Andres
05-19-2006, 09:11 PM
A Golden Retriever is a dog's race

http://www.champdogs.co.uk/images/k59d5.jpg

shindemac
05-19-2006, 09:41 PM
What's a golden retriever?

Dinkers are definitely pushers. Some people would consider moonballers too.

skuludo
05-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Golden Retriever is just a word used to create an image of a counter puncher. That is what I think the purpose of that word used in this context means.

Golden Retriever is a counter puncher. A golden retriever is a dog that naturaly fetches balls and returns it to its master. Counter puncher is a player that gets every single ball back with out making errors. (Human backboard)

You can think of player a as the master and the b as the dog. Player b will keep returning the ball to player a no matter what.

Do you get it?

wyutani
05-19-2006, 09:57 PM
A Golden Retriever is a dog's race

no, im talking about playing styles mate'. golden retriever is a tennis playing style, not sure what is it...

wyutani
05-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Golden Retriever is just a word used to create an image of a counter puncher. That is what I think the purpose of that word used in this context means.

Golden Retriever is a counter puncher. A golden retriever is a dog that naturaly fetches balls and returns it to its master. Counter puncher is a player that gets every single ball back with out making errors. (Human backboard)

You can think of player a as the master and the b as the dog. Player b will keep returning the ball to player a no matter what.

Do you get it?

yeah, thanks mate'...sounds like michael chang and llyeton hewitt, nadal eh?

Capt. Willie
05-19-2006, 10:23 PM
I'd rather be a German Shepherd. Good smart all around player...King of the tennis court. Not great at any one thing, but very good at everything. Strong athletic and highly intelligent.

Bungalo Bill
05-19-2006, 11:39 PM
is a golden retriever a pushing style of play? what about moonballers? or dinkers? thanks mate'...

Wytan,

Golden retriever? A Golden Retriever is a dog. You shoot a duck, and they go get it.

Moonballers, dinkers, and others aren't dogs. Thanks mate.

wyutani
05-19-2006, 11:49 PM
Wytan,

Golden retriever? A Golden Retriever is a dog. You shoot a duck, and they go get it.

from what i've known, a retriever is a guy who plays alot of basseline game, but i've heard of "golden" retriever before and it aint a dog...it seems that no one knows. weird...

PS: you mispelled my name

Bungalo Bill
05-19-2006, 11:57 PM
from what i've known, a retriever is a guy who plays alot of basseline game, but i've heard of "golden" retriever before and it aint a dog...it seems that no one knows. weird...

PS: you mispelled my name

Mr. W-Y-U-T-A-N-I, forgive me for the mishap. I would never want bad luck to fall on me do to my mistake, I ask for your forgiveness.

But in the United States, we seem to think that a Golden Retriever is a dog as in this example:

http://www.grca.org/images/grnewscover.jpg

It is a dog that helps a hunter to hunt ducks. Please enlighten us with your wisdom. :)

freelans
05-20-2006, 06:50 AM
http://www.waves95.net/bbs/data/freegallery1/Img_8763.jpg
My golden "Taffy" is into beach tennis apparently.

kevhen
05-20-2006, 07:02 AM
Counter-puncher does not equal retriever!!! Retriever gets balls back. Counter-puncher will use your pace against you to hit winners. Big difference.

Andres
05-20-2006, 07:31 AM
Wytan,

Thanks Bungallo. As usual, agreeing with me, at least, in wyutani's related issues :mrgreen:

jon166
05-20-2006, 09:03 AM
beautiful picture =P

Golden Retriever
05-20-2006, 09:26 AM

Are you talking about me? I used to be a pusher but now I am a power baseliner.

By the way, Victoria City is in Canada not Hong Kong.

wyutani
05-20-2006, 11:54 PM

By the way, Victoria City is in Canada not Hong Kong.

oh geez~ im live in hong kong and i dunno where i live...lolz, whatever....anyway, based on my question i found out in the Prince of tennis (episode 14 or less, i think) that there was one old man "golden retriever" that fought against Ryoma in a tennis club. he's sort of the bad guy (used to be a semi-finalist in the juniors). but i guess that is just cartoons....

PS: seriously, the dog joke is getting old

austro
05-21-2006, 12:16 AM
Dude, the dog reference is not a joke! It is an image, an allusion that is being used. Don't you get it?? Like the dog of same name, a retriever will always bring the ball back. The "golden" attribute is just an ironic qualifier. Not so hard, is it?

Pomeranian
05-21-2006, 12:31 AM
Golden Retiever. Just by the word what do you think it means? I haven't seen anyone use this type of playing style effectively, I mean I've seen them use it but it gets them tired.

When you get an opportunity to make them run, they get it and hit it back softly and you have another opportunity to hit with placement. Even if he wins the point, who do you think will get the game or set if he keeps playing like that? As long as you can consistantly hit with placement, or enough to get him tired, you'll be at an advantage.

Roddick The Beast
05-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Right midlife?

Jim_Courier's_Fluffy_Hair
05-22-2006, 05:50 AM
Yeah a retreiver is just someone who runs down balls all day. They get everything back to you no matter what shots you try and you commit an unforced error trying to do too much with the shots.. Chang is a good example.

Roddick The Beast
05-22-2006, 05:55 AM
Wytan,

Moonballers, dinkers, and others aren't dogs. Thanks mate.Haha. Hey Bill, yesterday that guy said that I had issues! Look at him, he's asking what a golden retreiver is! HAha.

A golden retreiver is a world class ball-retreiver!!! WTF!!!!!! Now that's "golden"!!! Haha ^_^

Roddick The Beast
05-22-2006, 05:59 AM
http://www.waves95.net/bbs/data/freegallery1/Img_8763.jpg
My golden "Taffy" is into beach tennis apparently.Haha!!! You are funny! "Beach Tennis" Hahaa. . . that guy is funny too!!!!!! Hey Beach, where are you dude???? :mrgreen:

BTW, that looks like a Labrador Retreiver! Anyhow, I want one of those, whatever it is that you have. ^_^

Roddick The Beast
05-22-2006, 06:01 AM

By the way, Victoria City is in Canada not Hong Kong.Hahahaha, now that's funny!!!!! A guy with the name "Golden Retriever" pops up out of no where!!!!!! ^_^

Andres
04-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Por el amor de dioooooooooos, sos un idiotaaaaaaaaa!!! :D
Aaaaajajajajajajja!! :lol:

wyutani
04-21-2007, 07:29 PM
chico pequeño raro