PDA

View Full Version : Latest news about Coria

croatian sensation
05-20-2006, 06:05 AM
..he isn't going to play neither RG nor Wimby.

He sent an e mail to the admin of the forum www.forocoria.com (where he also participates occasionally as a poster..which is really a nice gesture and shows he cares about his fans) explaining how he is having trouble with tendinitis in his knee or elbow (lol I found both translations for the word "codo"), and how that plus the lack of motivation got him to where he is now.
He's gonna work really hard in the next 6 weeks (with Higueras, and Trevisan- he fired Capitaine after Barcelona, and is back with his old fitness coach) cause now he's focused only on becoming the good ol' Guille back from 2003.

I hope when he returns (to the 2nd part of clay season..after grass) that he will be better. I imagine this has been a huge and tough decision to make, but it's good he realized getting kicked from qf's in 1st rounds is a serious problem.
Vamos Guille!!

(I didn't provide a link, but the e mail is quoted in forocoria.com, those of you who are interested will find it. Btw. The forum is in Spanish of course :-))

Jonnyf
05-20-2006, 06:13 AM
Thanks alot CroSen, man RG without coria :cry:

diegaa
05-20-2006, 06:25 AM
Wow... I thought he would never withdraw from RG. He must be very down to make that choice. I dont buy that his elbow injury force him to do that.
BTW, CODO is elbow in spanish, and RODILLA means knee.

Andres
05-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Wow... I thought he would never withdraw from RG. He must be very down to make that choice. I dont buy that his elbow injury force him to do that.
BTW, CODO is elbow in spanish, and RODILLA means knee.
I'm not that sure. It's Roland Garros, die... Coria would NEVER withdraw RG, unless it's an injury... He prefers to be crushed in 1st round instead of not playing it at all ...

Anyway... such a pity :(

splink779
05-20-2006, 07:56 AM
Roddick should do the same

Return_Ace
05-20-2006, 08:57 AM
fguagrf RG :o

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo

Grimjack
05-20-2006, 10:47 AM
If he actually takes time off to get right physically and work hard on getting his game to the best it can be, then I salute him for making the sacrifice. Good for him, best of luck, etc.

If, on the other hand, he's just the latest in a long line of formerly good players who can't be bothered to train or practice and is thus using this tired excuse as a way to try to save face in the media, then LOL @ him. In this case, I'd be much more impressed if he said, "You know, right now, I just haven't got the passion to work for it, so why embarrass myself and cheat the paying public?"

Guess we'll see next year, but he'd be a rare bird, indeed, if he were actually taking time off to rededicate himself.

arosen
05-20-2006, 02:25 PM
His game lost its sting, his serve was all in disarray, maybe it will do him good to go back and practice some, get in shape, etc. Time off could be good for him, he is a mess right now.

croatian sensation
05-20-2006, 03:24 PM
If, on the other hand, he's just the latest in a long line of formerly good players who can't be bothered to train or practice and is thus using this tired excuse as a way to try to save face in the media, then LOL @ him. In this case, I'd be much more impressed if he said, "You know, right now, I just haven't got the passion to work for it, so why embarrass myself and cheat the paying public?"

Guess we'll see next year, but he'd be a rare bird, indeed, if he were actually taking time off to rededicate himself.

Idk...he did mention "que le falta la motivacion"... I figured it all piled up...the injury, lack of confidence, losing in first rounds and he couldn't actually find motivation to continue...so it is probably the other possibility you mentioned...if you're down psychologically, taking a break to sort all things out is much better than continue losing and going down even deeper.

I think he probably believes that's what he needs (hehe he is a rare bird, we know that one already ;) )..a break from touneys and pressure. In that case he will benefit not only from hard work/training but also it could sort out the mental thing he's having.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Seeing this week's top 10, in the middle of claycourt season, just hurts my eyes. He belongs there.

LowProfile
05-20-2006, 04:26 PM
His return games are as strong as ever, but his serve is completely off and he doesn't have the spring in his step that he did a year ago when he was king of the clay. Let's hope he takes this time off to rework his serve and confidence. Hopefully we'll see him make a strong showing during the US Open series and be back in the top 8 by the time of the Masters Cup.

xanctus
05-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Well I really hope he can do something good after the break.
Good luck to him!!

Alejandro D
05-22-2006, 04:31 AM
I miss Coria already. He's a talented player and such a character. I think he's never recovered from that traumatic 2004 RG final. Hope the time off will help him to get his confidence back.

wyutani
05-22-2006, 04:38 AM
coria not going to rland garros? geez~ big deal....

LeftyServe
05-22-2006, 01:50 PM
I believe he'll be back, and stronger than ever, though it may take more than several months. His talent is too enormous...and for those who think it's not a "big deal" for him to miss Roland Garros, I say you haven't really been paying attention the last several years. An in-form Coria may be the only one besides Federer who's got the game to challenge Nadal.

splink779
05-22-2006, 01:56 PM
I believe he'll be back, and stronger than ever, though it may take more than several months. His talent is too enormous...and for those who think it's not a "big deal" for him to miss Roland Garros, I say you haven't really been paying attention the last several years. An in-form Coria may be the only one besides Federer who's got the game to challenge Nadal.

I absolutely beleive this. He can just handle Nadal's spin and of course match his speed. But he has to be in form as you say.

tenniscoach
05-22-2006, 01:56 PM
coria is very talented for sure

sol_heathen
08-18-2006, 12:36 PM
hey: the link is ok, im from the foro and in fact, Guille post for as soon as he can, some days he is really taired but he take a round the foro,and write us when he is going to be on tv or radio.The other day were 01:...am and he was on line reading ours messeges. He is working very hard with Mr. De La Peņa,Guille let us be present there in some way so one of the forumīs member who lives in Santiago de Chile could be present in this, talk with Horacio, and, of course with Guille,and he is going to be there tomorrow in the morning. Guilleīs nick name is "llegui82". He is playing perfect, he only need to get back the trust in himself... we trut in him, he is a figther, he is my heroe la gran bestia drops!

sol_heathen
08-18-2006, 12:41 PM
hey: the link is ok, im from the foro and in fact, Guille post for as soon as he can, some days he is really taired but he take a round the foro,and write us when he is going to be on tv or radio.The other day were 01:...am and he was on line reading ours messeges. He is working very hard with Mr. De La Peña,Guille let us be present there in some way so one of the forum´s member who lives in Santiago de Chile could be present in this, talk with Horacio, and, of course with Guille,and he is going to be there tomorrow in the morning. Guille´s nick name is "llegui82". He is playing perfect, he only need to get back the trust in himself... we trust in him, he is a figther, he is my heroe la gran bestia drops!
sorry for my english ,:roll: is horrible. but there are some kids that speaks andwrite english and spanish in the rigth way , just ask for help if you don understand somthing about the foro, kisses sol_heathen. feel the magic...:D :-D www.forocoria.com

croatian sensation
08-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Hey..great you joined TW. :-D
Keep us informed about Guille, a lot of people cheer for Guille here!

curryz_galore
08-20-2006, 01:30 AM
yeh me 2 guys hes pretty good