PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Aero Pro Control, Anyone jealous I have one in my ..

alfa164164
07-02-2004, 10:44 AM
hands? Anyone interested in my review of it in 7-10 days?

PusherMan
07-02-2004, 10:50 AM
Yea, I'd be interested to hear what you think. I demoed it for 7 days as well.

kreative
07-02-2004, 02:04 PM
what did you think pusher?

mileslong
07-02-2004, 02:15 PM
im very interested in the review of this racket from you two...

Feņa14
07-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Yeah i'll be interested to hear what you have to say about it.

-Liam

PusherMan
07-04-2004, 12:23 AM
For reference, I'm a 4.5 all court two-handed backhand.

This racquet was interesting to say the least. The whole aerodynamic thing kinda puzzled me. Seemed like it would make sense on a whippy type of stroke, but it also seemed the aerodynamic shape would work against a flatter swing. I can hit both topspin and flat with a good degree of regularity. I'm not convinced the whole Aero thing is legit. I guess the bright side is that the shape didn't seem to hinder things either. I put it out of my head.

If you haven't played with Babolat before, be warned, this thing is STIFF. Thankfully this is the series of Babolat racquet that actually has some weight to it from the factory. If your technique is sound, I doubt you'll have elbow problems. These racquets, with their stiffness and weight, simply crush wicked threw the ball. Semi and western grips will feel right at home. Flat hitter eastern grips probably wont like the feel. There isn't much.

Serves are above average as well. Again the weight and stiffness make it easy to deliver the flat bomb. Kickers took nasty jumps as well. Can't say my accuracy was all that great. If your opponent isn't scared off by the pace of your serve, there could be trouble in this department.

I've tried many Babolat racquets over some years. Overall I can't say I'm a fan, but this racquet to me is a standout. Doesn't have the feel I like, but at least Babolat gives you some real beef from the factory. You really have to load on alot of lead to get the other models on par. If you're gonna go Babolat, the Pro series of Aerotour is worthy of the short list.

perpcole
07-23-2004, 10:06 AM
I have both AeroPro Drives, the standard and plus (got them in Italy about 2 months ago). I would say there is not a big difference between the Pure Drive Team and these new ones, just the paint job. It really isn't as aerodynamic as the regular AeroTour Pro (boy, that racquet goes with the wind). I may say it feels a little more stiff, but I couldn't get shots as controlled as with the Pure Drive. Serve is not a great advantage as advertised by babolat either. I think it is almost the same thing, and I will keep my Pure Drive. I am a 5.0 lefty, all around player, with semi-western forehand and a one-handed backhand semi-western also.