PDA

View Full Version : bolliteri taught me how to hurt myself =0

eLterrible
05-20-2006, 12:19 PM
There was a 30-minute special on the tennis channel by the bolliteri academy on "the sonic serve" well during this instructional, they advocated arching your back so you can snap it back on the motion for extra power (like an elastic effect). First of all, when i tried to add this to my motion it hurt my lower back, and didn't add any power whatsoever, and during a commercial break, there was a quick service tip given by a usta teaching pro or something and she said to keep the back straight, just thought this was interesting....

Maybe i interpreted the information wrong, but i did exactly as they showed in terms of the core body motion, and it didn't help at all.

bribeiro
05-20-2006, 12:25 PM
listen to bolletieri, not to that ugly transvestite

chess9
05-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Give BACK to tennis. Those also ARCHLY SERVE who listen to BALLS-A-Torre'.

-Robert

eLterrible
05-20-2006, 12:47 PM
haha whatever puns you meant to put in there, i didn't get any of them except balls'a'tore

nickybol
05-20-2006, 01:13 PM
You should bend at your hips, not in your back.

NoBadMojo
05-20-2006, 01:34 PM
You dont ever wish to arch your back to any signficant degree and you dont wish to bend at your hips...what you need is knee bend and putting your toss in the right place which accomplishes the same thing as arching your back..arching your back ,even with good technique for that, will put you on the path to a bad back. i cant believe NB would teach that..that's really bad if they do.

deluxe
05-20-2006, 02:03 PM
Bollettieri's Sonic Serve video does not advocate arching your back. It advocates shifting your hips out into the court as you shift your back foot up into the pinpoint stance that they also advocate. Here is the screenshot from the video:

http://clown.ithil.org/~ajss/sonservpic.png

deluxe
05-20-2006, 02:18 PM
And here is one of the demonstration shots from the video, where you can see that the back is not arched. The shoulders are rotated slightly more than the hips, but there is an obvious straight line formed by his body between the knees and the shoulders.

http://clown.ithil.org/~ajss/sonservpic2.png