PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with this forehand?

gugafan05
05-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Here's my forehand. I am trying to hit the ball flat. Please tell me what you think is wrong with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1KNdP-n9d0

Roddick The Beast
05-20-2006, 02:53 PM
It's weak, plus you have terrible form. You're not even staying low and bending the knees! I don't see any crazy kinetic movements happening, etc. I'd say it's a 3.0 FH.

Edit: Sorry to burst your bubble if you thought of yourself as being better than that. People tend to OVER-RATE themselves. I'm just being truly honest with you! A good way to improve is to realize that you are very FAR from being good.

siber222000
05-20-2006, 02:57 PM
u sure thats a 3.0 forehand, i'll say 2.0

Roddick The Beast
05-20-2006, 02:58 PM
u sure thats a 3.0 forehand, i'll say 2.0:mrgreen: SO what??? . . . are you saying that I exaggerated a bit? ^_^ At least you are cool enough not to try to "be nice" and you say it like how you think it is. . . that's for keeping it real brother!

siber222000
05-20-2006, 03:03 PM
:mrgreen: SO what??? . . . are you saying that I exaggerated a bit? ^_^ At least you are cool enough not to try to "be nice" and you say it like how you think it is. . . that's for keeping it real brother!
sheesh im SORRY happy? =_=

andyroddick's mojo
05-20-2006, 03:17 PM
why are you standing on the grass? is that even a tennis court?

BeachTennis
05-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Get one at wal-mart today !

Give the kid a break !

I like the set up with the hoop court

Start taking advantage of that area with a mini net and start playing lots of mini and working on net play!

Hit on the hoop backboard !

Keep working on the game and remember to use blue collar apprach and work hard !

Work on the take back --- could be more alert

use hips shoulders and legs to make the unit turn

think like you are get ready to pull up and shoot a jump shot

load the legs and get ready to fire

Tennis is so much what you do below the waist !

Think like a boxer -- move stick move stick one two upper cut dance

this is like a punching bag

Its the http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h207/beachtennis/thing.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h207/beachtennis/morething.jpg

D-man
05-20-2006, 04:07 PM
guyz He said he waants to know what's wrong with it, not for you all to tell him the obvious-- that he needs help. that's why he posting.

I'd say try to hit out front more, and hit wiht your body not ur arm. plan in your brain to hit the ball out front wiht lotsa racket head speed. transfering the energy from your hips turning to thru your arm out to the ball.

srry if it doesnt help..

metsjets
05-20-2006, 04:26 PM
you don't hit low balls flat. it's almost physically impossible to do that. a high ball can be hitwith spin or hit flat (shoudl be flat). anything comfortable around shoulder height should be hit flat.

gugafan05
05-20-2006, 05:48 PM
I asked what I need to do to improve it. So stop *****ing about how you think the stroke sucks and tell me how to improve it.

Roddick The Beast
05-20-2006, 05:52 PM
I asked what I need to do to improve it. So stop *****ing about how you think the stroke sucks and tell me how to improve it.Haha, he is DEMANDING that WE TELL him. He said to stop such and such and TELL him how to improve. Ahaha. He is COMMANDING us now. :mrgreen: He swore too! :mrgreen: "There there. Everthing is going to alright." :mrgreen:

Roddick The Beast
05-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Ok, Guga, since I like Guga Kuerten, I'm sorry if I got you mad (It was probably the whole klan, not just me alone! But I'll be the first one to apologize.).

I's just letting you know how terrible your FH is, so that you will realize that you need A LOT of work. I just figured that my words would just ENCOURAGE you a bit more, you know, inspiration? :mrgreen:

gugafan05
05-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Lets see a video of your forehand Roddick

shindemac
05-20-2006, 07:56 PM
You're only using your arms to swing. You need to use the rest of your body. Drive through the ball more. Try to exaggerate it as much as you can, and have your racket point toward your target as long as possible. This will improve accuracy and power.

Roddick The Beast
05-20-2006, 08:20 PM
You're only using your arms to swing. You need to use the rest of your body. Drive through the ball more. Try to exaggerate it as much as you can, and have your racket point toward your target as long as possible. This will improve accuracy and power.I know. He's "only" using his arms/ Tsk tsk

Roddick The Beast
05-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Lets see a video of your forehand RoddickI can tell you this much, I hit with a Davis Cup player. As for who? . . . If I gave out the name, it would easily hint out who I potentially am. Yes, I know a lot of people that are on this board.

So what. Anyone such as a 2.0 player could hit with a pro, that doesn't make it that they have a "good' FH though.Well, let me just say this. The guy uses a Babolat PD, and I use a Dunlop 200G (old classic player's frame, Midsize), and I could sustain rallies with the guy and hit winners.

(OO, clues: "what pro player played for "a" Davis Cup Team (note, I said "a" team, meaning that it could be for any country) and most likely resides in Florida, since Roddick the Beast resides in FL and claims to hit with him???) Haha, I'm not saying anymore. As we all know, a silly little game of "20 questions" could easily pinpoint who the mysterious person is, therefore I shall speak no more.

Work on that forehand, laddy.

gugafan05
05-20-2006, 08:33 PM
A tennis player that good wouldnt waste their time on this forum, they would be out playing. And they wouldnt have to look for tips to their game in the instruction section or in the case your role is to act as a coach on the forum. Same situation, a player that good would not waste time giving people tips on this forum.

Roddick The Beast
05-20-2006, 08:41 PM
A tennis player that good wouldnt waste their time on this forum, they would be out playing. And they wouldnt have to look for tips to their game in the instruction section or in the case your role is to act as a coach on the forum. Same situation, a player that good would not waste time giving people tips on this forum.Nah nah nah, wah wah wah. Hmmm, so people (a fanatic of TENNIS) cannot simply visit a *cough cough* "TENNIS" mesage board during their leisure time, huh? So actors, actresses, rockstars, professional athletes, stars in general do not ever surf online, especial to sites that pertain to what they are most interested in (tennis)???? :rolleyes:

Blah blah, keep crying if you want. You take things so freakin seriously. Read post #12. You think I am not messing around (and at the same time being truthful)?? Geezzzz.

Venetian
05-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Nah nah nah, wah wah wah. Hmmm, so people (a fanatic of TENNIS) cannot simply visit a *cough cough* "TENNIS" mesage board during their leisure time, huh? So actors, actresses, rockstars, professional athletes, stars in general do not ever surf online, especial to sites that pertain to what they are most interested in (tennis)???? :rolleyes:

Blah blah, keep crying if you want. You take things so freakin seriously. Read post #12. You think I am not messing around (and at the same time being truthful)?? Geezzzz.

Look out, there's a troll on the forums these days...

Roddick The Beast
05-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Look out, there's a troll on the forums these days...Look out, there's a "dork" that's "been" on this forum who joined on 4-30-2004. ;)

Rep. Timothy Calhoun
05-20-2006, 09:10 PM
And yet every time I visit, there always seems to be a war going on. Is this the TW tradition???

blue03
05-20-2006, 09:41 PM
pity gugafan...i tried to watch the vids but the page said u already remove it...

Venetian
05-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Every time I visit there's some dumb kid who runs his mouth. Usually one that joined on 4-07-06.

siber222000
05-20-2006, 09:54 PM
And yet every time I visit, there always seems to be a war going on. Is this the TW tradition???
seems like it o_o

Roddick The Beast
05-21-2006, 06:43 AM
Every time I visit there's some dumb kid who runs his mouth. Usually one that joined on 4-07-06.Yeah, "usually the one that joined on 4-07-06" is the one calling YOU, Ventian, a dumb kid who runs his mouth. :shock:

Blah blah. . . keep crying, why don't you. :mrgreen:

shindemac
05-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Well, the clip is down so I can't look at it again. But, use the closed or neutral stance. This will get your body sideways to the net. Your chest and shoulder should open up to the court when you swing now. This will at least get one more part of your body into your swing.

You shouldn't be ashamed of your forehand. You came to this forum to improve your game and get advice. So what if you don't have the best looking forehand. Don't be afraid to do what it takes to improve if you are serious about your game.

And for the record, I think 3.0 is too high. It's most likely a 2.5.

Roddick The Beast
05-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Haha, isn't that right midlife?