PDA

View Full Version : buttcap problem- NEED HELP FAST

tennis_nerd22
05-20-2006, 04:57 PM
hey,
i had put lead on the grip of my racket but it distorted the shape a bit, so i opened the buttcap and put the lead strips in there. i then put cotton on top of it till it was stuffed to the top. i started playing with the racket, and it started rattling. now i cant play with it, and it sounds like the weights are in the neck of the frame. my dad took all of the cotton from one side out (somehow), and the weight still wont come out from that side, but it rattles. we put a long stick down there, it went to the bottom of the grip, but it didnt touch any of the lead on that side. im screwed because my dads ****ed at me and i have a 3 hour round robin tomorrow and a prov tournament friday. this is my main racket. i have a backup, but its an old titanium one, and i wont be able to play much with it unless i add some lead (ya my dad's gonna be real happy to do that... (he doesnt even believe why i did it in the first place, though i explained)). i dont know what to do now...

help? :(

tennis_nerd22
05-20-2006, 05:00 PM
btw i think i know what i did wrong... i didnt put cotton BEFORE putting the weights in... GOD DAMMET :(

metsjets
05-20-2006, 05:23 PM
maybe...you can crush the lead somehow??

tennis_nerd22
05-20-2006, 06:02 PM
lol i cant. anyways what happened was when my dad was trying to take all the cotton while i was hitting outside to try and get used to my backup racket, which btw is completely different, the rattling stopped... he got all the way to the end of the handle of the racket, but there were no weights there. so they've all moved into the neck of the racket... changes the feel completely but ill get used to it. if anything, i should develop my technique even more and then customize equipment later.

well that was my lesson for the year... (i mean day :D), maybe you learned something too (probably not, but oh well, you bothered to read this thread ;))

tennis_nerd22
05-21-2006, 05:17 PM
wow what a story... the weights all went to different parts of the frame, inbetween the grommets. we took it to a local pro shop and they said the only thing we can do is shake it out, and hope for the best. then we went to Home Depot and bought some stuff wire to put up the racket through the buttcap. there's lead at the bottom and top of the neck, both sides, and at 3 and 9 oclcok, and a bit at 12 oclock. there's pretty much no way of getting it out now... oh well, the bright side is i get to buy a used yonex rds 001 :D although my dad is still very ticked...

has anyone ever done this before? (probably not, but im just wondering)

and does anyone have an idea of how we could get the lead out? i was thinking to take off the grip completely, i know you can do this for wilson rackets. but its a head, and i dont think we can

any ideas/comments/insults? all are welcome :D

slice bh compliment
05-21-2006, 05:40 PM
It's okay (genius). No big deal (fool), it happens to everyone (dumb-***). Very, very common (idiot). Just learn from it (dimwit).

Moving on ... most players just break the strings, remove the grommet strip and fish the lead out gently (moron).

Then they install a new grommet strip and do the lead tape the right way in the handle, using cotton balls and silicon properly (nincumpoop). Or they just use tape under the grip (Alice) and they enjoy the SLIIIIGHTLY larger handle.

Hope your dad understands (that his young tennis nerd son made a silly, and very much reversible error), and that it is really not something to get angry over (putz).

Seriously, it's no big deal. And no reason to HAVE to buy a new stick. (Kidding about the insults. But you pretty much asked for it.)

Best of luck with it, kid,
--Slice.

tennis_nerd22
05-21-2006, 05:57 PM
It's okay (genius). No big deal (fool), it happens to everyone (dumb-***). Very, very common (idiot). Just learn from it (dimwit).

Moving on ... most players just break the strings, remove the grommet strip and fish the lead out gently (moron).

Then they install a new grommet strip and do the lead tape the right way in the handle, using cotton balls and silicon properly (nincumpoop). Or they just use tape under the grip (Alice) and they enjoy the SLIIIIGHTLY larger handle.

Hope your dad understands (that his young tennis nerd son made a silly, and very much reversible error), and that it is really not something to get angry over (putz).

Seriously, it's no big deal. And no reason to HAVE to buy a new stick. (Kidding about the insults. But you pretty much asked for it.)

Best of luck with it, kid,
--Slice.

k, thanks for the kind words :mrgreen: see i know that i cant do that myself (like the grommets and stuff), and the stringjob was new (i cant break strings ;)), but i cant play with the racket anyways cuz it rattles like crazy. but the guy at the pro shop we went to said there was nothing we could do. i might try cutting the strings out myself, more trouble.. hehehe

my dad was just ****ed cuz he wasted 2 hours trying to get all of the cotton and stuff out (btw the cotton went into the frame too). but he said if i ever customize the inside of a racket again, he will eat me, lmao. no but he said he wont buy me any tennis stuff.

oh well, all's well that ends well (if you catch the hint) :D

slice bh compliment
05-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Okay, so I just read your signature. You're a 4.5 with a HEAD FLexpoint 4 avec 36 grams of lead?
Hmmm. This whole debacle has been a blessing in disguise.

Enjoy the Yonex.
All the best,
--slice.

tennis_nerd22
05-21-2006, 06:16 PM
you know what? thats exactly what i was thinking. hopefully the yonex will be as much of a dream as i think it will be :) im buying it from robkat from the forums

Freedom
05-21-2006, 07:35 PM
Or they just use tape under the grip (Alice) and they enjoy the SLIIIIGHTLY larger handle.

Lol, Alice.

:D

tennis_nerd22
05-22-2006, 07:36 AM
nevermind this post