PDA

View Full Version : USTA Rankings

~RoWE~
05-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Does anybody know what David Farah is ranked in the USTA ?

cak
05-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Is this a junior? Or is there an age division? If so you can look him up in tennislink.

~RoWE~
05-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Is this a junior? Or is there an age division? If so you can look him up in tennislink.

All i know is that he is a sophmore in high school, and very good.

Roddick The Beast
05-20-2006, 06:19 PM
High school player? I don't think that any of them can be beyond 4.5.

cak
05-20-2006, 06:26 PM
He's 270th nationally for U16 boys singles.

Lakoste
05-20-2006, 06:30 PM
High school player? I don't think that any of them can be beyond 4.5.

where'd you get that idea from?

Roddick The Beast
05-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Okay, so some ratings are "inflated", depending on regions. . . so it is possible that you could find *cough cough* "5.0" high schoolers (inflated 5.0s, that is.). ;)

goblake14
05-20-2006, 06:40 PM
I have been playing serious tennis for two years, and made my varsity team as a freshman. I was slotted at second doubles for the league champion 14-1 team. I have been evaluated and rated at 4.0...If there are no players in HS above 4.5, how does our first singles player, who is about ten times better than me lose to players that are twenty times better then him. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, Roddick the Beast. What do you base your "facts" on? You are a joke and should never post anything about this topic again. Sorry for the harsh words, but something had to be done.

gugafan05
05-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Roddick the Beast is a total dumb****. He needs to learn something about tennis. Any player can play high school tennis. The Brian Brothers and countless other pros have played high school tennis. And at the same time they were world ranked juniors. They had to have a rating of at least 6.0. So that theory is out the window just by that. In addition, Ratings dont mean ****. All they are is a list of skills that the USTA thinks that someone should have. The higher the rating, the more skills in the list. The fact of the matter is, I know people who are 5.0 that have all of the skills on the list, and then other people who don't have half of the skills on the list but can still beat the 5.0 with all of the skills. This just shows that ratings dont mean jack.

donnyz89
05-20-2006, 07:51 PM
#2 - N.E. Michigan (U18 )
#355 - mid-west Section (U18 )

#1 - N.E. Michigan (U16)
#26 - mid-west Section (U16)

but there are only 30 ranked players in N.E. Michigan... most playesr are in S.E. michigan but his section ranking is pretty good. so i wouldnt doubt if he is a 4.5 player...

Roddick The Beast
05-20-2006, 08:13 PM
I have been playing serious tennis for two years, and made my varsity team as a freshman. I was slotted at second doubles for the league champion 14-1 team. I have been evaluated and rated at 4.0...If there are no players in HS above 4.5, how does our first singles player, who is about ten times better than me lose to players that are twenty times better then him. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, Roddick the Beast. What do you base your "facts" on? You are a joke and should never post anything about this topic again. Sorry for the harsh words, but something had to be done.Like I said, "then there are those "inflated" 5.0s."

Roddick The Beast
05-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Roddick the Beast is a total dumb****. He needs to learn something about tennis. Any player can play high school tennis. The Brian Brothers and countless other pros have played high school tennis. And at the same time they were world ranked juniors. They had to have a rating of at least 6.0. So that theory is out the window just by that. In addition, Ratings dont mean ****. All they are is a list of skills that the USTA thinks that someone should have. The higher the rating, the more skills in the list. The fact of the matter is, I know people who are 5.0 that have all of the skills on the list, and then other people who don't have half of the skills on the list but can still beat the 5.0 with all of the skills. This just shows that ratings dont mean jack.Haha, this guy is just mad cause I dissed his sorry mechanics in another thread. Haha.

Plus, in my "original/first" post in this thread, I "cleary" wrote "I think". Go back and read. As you can see, I did not "edit" anything to add those words. Learn to "read" and "comprehend", asswipe. :mrgreen:

Venetian
05-20-2006, 08:54 PM
I agree. Roddick The Beast has not contributed anything useful to this forum thus far. He clearly has no idea what he is talking about here.

Roddick The Beast
05-20-2006, 09:03 PM
I agree. Roddick The Beast has not contributed anything useful to this forum thus far. He clearly has no idea what he is talking about here.Naw, I've contributed some. Just cuz I joke around alot, doesn't mean I cannot and am not serious. Geez.

Haha, you must have stinky fingers (Haha, ProStaffTour90 knows what I am referring, right??? Remember what you said about my humor, being like something Peter Griffin would say??? Haha. If you are reading this ProStaffTour90, you know what I am saying about this chump Venetian. ;) Haha).

Rep. Timothy Calhoun
05-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Another battle???

MTChong
05-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Naw, I've contributed some. Just cuz I joke around alot, doesn't mean I cannot and am not serious. Geez.

Haha, you must have stinky fingers (Haha, ProStaffTour90 knows what I am referring, right??? Remember what you said about my humor, being like something Peter Griffin would say??? Haha. If you are reading this ProStaffTour90, you know what I am saying about this chump Venetian. ;) Haha).

No, I've read your posts, too. You don't contribute anything useful.

Venetian
05-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Naw, I've contributed some. Just cuz I joke around alot, doesn't mean I cannot and am not serious. Geez.

Nobody knows what you're talking about. Or cares.

Roddick The Beast
05-21-2006, 06:44 AM
No, I've read your posts, too. You don't contribute anything useful.You haven't really looked then.

Roddick The Beast
05-21-2006, 06:45 AM
Nobody knows what you're talking about. Or cares.Same applies to you. And yes, people do know what I am talking about. You are just too much of an idiot to even know. Don't bother trying to understand. Your brain might not be able to handle the small load and then malfunction. :mrgreen:

donnyz89
05-21-2006, 08:28 AM
so what are we arguing about? i love how half of the threads here end up being flame wars talking about things completely irrelevant. just because you cant do this in real life because you might get beat up doesnt mean you can do it here and feel good about yourself. makes you look like an a-hole is what it does... NO ONE CARES, get over your own little insecurities.

300Gkid
05-21-2006, 10:16 AM
what's tennis link, is that the thing on USTA.com? Can it find past players? Can someone give me a link?

MegacedU
05-21-2006, 10:47 AM

The thing is, you don't joke around a lot. You're totally serious. You go around flexing your immaturity, obsessively commenting and participating in meaningless banter with mediocre looking people. Yep, that's about it.

~RoWE~
05-21-2006, 11:29 AM
#2 - N.E. Michigan (U18 )
#355 - mid-west Section (U18 )

#1 - N.E. Michigan (U16)
#26 - mid-west Section (U16)

but there are only 30 ranked players in N.E. Michigan... most playesr are in S.E. michigan but his section ranking is pretty good. so i wouldnt doubt if he is a 4.5 player...

Thx man, i dont mean to sound dumb but whats N.E ? Is it Northeast Michigan?
And he is very good i just seen him play at regionals a couple of days ago and he beat everyone 6-0 6-0, im glad im No.2 and not No.1 singles lol. I think he placed high in States last year too like 4th or sumthin.

35ft6
05-21-2006, 01:14 PM
And he is very good i just seen him play at regionals a couple of days ago and he beat everyone 6-0 6-0, im glad im No.2 and not No.1 singles lol. I think he placed high in States last year too like 4th or sumthin. You can become as good as this guy if you keep playing. His ranking shows he's solid, but certainly not at a skill level that is in any way unattainable.

Roddick The Beast
05-21-2006, 01:59 PM
The thing is, you don't joke around a lot. You're totally serious. You go around flexing your immaturity, obsessively commenting and participating in meaningless banter with mediocre looking people. Yep, that's about it.Someone's got their thumb stuck up their *** (you). :mrgreen:

donnyz89
05-27-2006, 05:40 AM
And he is very good i just seen him play at regionals a couple of days ago and he beat everyone 6-0 6-0, im glad im No.2 and not No.1 singles lol. I think he placed high in States last year too like 4th or sumthin.

yes, he is definitly good. though, N.E. michigan isnt as populated as S.E. michigan where most of the top players are (mainly from state champs, ann arbor pioneer if you know this), but 28 in mid west section is very respectable.

RiosTheGenius
05-27-2006, 08:26 AM
Naw, I've contributed some. Just cuz I joke around alot, doesn't mean I cannot and am not serious. Geez. .
perhaps you're just not very good at joking around.... can't quite remember any memorable joke of yours.

Someone's got their thumb stuck up their *** (you).

what a class act this guy... mind you Meg is a girl.

Roddick The Beast
05-27-2006, 01:49 PM
perhaps you're just not very good at joking around.... can't quite remember any memorable joke of yours.

what a class act this guy... mind you Meg is a girl.MYOB AND . . . go to hell, terdface. :mrgreen:

ramseszerg
05-27-2006, 01:58 PM
MYOB AND . . . go to hell, terdface. :mrgreen:
S T F U! You start out by saying that inflated 5.0s are the best among high schoolers, then you start an argument about how contributive you are to this forum all the while making useless posts like "go to hell, terdface" ??? Did you know that Michael Chang won the French Open when he was 16? Does that make him an inflated 5.0?

Roddick The Beast
05-27-2006, 01:59 PM
S T F U! You start out by saying that inflated 5.0s are the best among high schoolers, then you start an argument about how contributive you are to this forum all the while making useless posts like "go to hell, terdface" ??? Did you know that Michael Chang won the French Open when he was 16? Does that make him an inflated 5.0?OO! :shock:

He is an "exception!" Geez! STFU.

MegacedU
05-29-2006, 07:51 AM
Someone's got their thumb stuck up their *** (you). :mrgreen:
You're wicked cool. I always admire those who jump to use old sayings instead of rationaly discussing things. Yep, wow.

Roddick The Beast
06-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Yeah, wow. Oh, and don't forget to clean out your nails afterwards.

CajunTennis
06-06-2006, 06:43 AM
I've met quite a few instigators like yourself. Your goal should be to live longer than they did....

Roddick The Beast
06-06-2006, 07:10 AM
Your goal should be to get a life, and to learn how to myob. :rolleyes:

CajunTennis
06-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Charming lad....

MegacedU
06-06-2006, 10:36 AM
It really is too bad that there is so much stupidity in the world.
T_H_I_S T_H_R_E_A_D My anti-drug.

Roddick The Beast
06-06-2006, 10:40 AM
T_H_I_S T_H_R_E_A_D My anti-drug.[mode on] Okay. I am sorry.[/serious mode off]

Just got off on the wrong foot! But why must you stab me in the first place? Why why why? [/Nancy Kerrigan off] :D

donnyz89
06-06-2006, 10:42 AM
wow you guys are pathetic...

i feel like the only one here providing... inteligent information... like a message board should be. Who are you guys here to prove? serisouly.

anyways, I think David Farah lost in the semis of the state tournament at #1 singles in michigan, his school is in division 4.

Roddick The Beast
06-06-2006, 10:43 AM
wow you guys are pathetic...

i feel like the only one here providing... inteligent information... like a message board should be. Who are you guys here to prove? serisouly.

anyways, I think David Farah lost in the semis of the state tournament at #1 singles in michigan, his school is in division 4.I agree with you.

Roddick The Beast
06-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Meg, he said "you guys" . . . so he is saying that YOU and I are "pathetic". Can you please bite him for me? I'll let you do the honors, since you seem to enjoy doing so. . . . .can't let him get away with that now! :mrgreen:

MegacedU
06-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Only to people that deserve it.

Donnie Darko
06-06-2006, 10:49 AM
T_H_I_S T_H_R_E_A_D My anti-drug.

The ignore list function has come in very handy lately. You should think about putting it to use.

MegacedU
06-06-2006, 10:53 AM
The ignore list function has come in very handy lately. You should think about putting it to use.
Yeah, but then I wouldn't be able to see people making me the center of their worlds anymore. :)

Roddick The Beast
06-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Yeah, but then I wouldn't be able to see people making me the center of their worlds anymore. :)Oh yeah, aren't you the center of Donnie's world?

And yes, you are the center of my world, my dear TW Queen.

Roddick The Beast
06-06-2006, 11:01 AM
^ (Drama Queen, that is.) :mrgreen:

MegacedU
06-06-2006, 11:04 AM
Oh yeah, aren't you the center of Donnie's world?

And yes, you are the center of my world, my dear TW Queen.
Like I said...;)

Roddick The Beast
06-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Like I said...;);)

P.S. Am I on your ignore list yet?

topspin kid
06-06-2006, 11:12 AM
y cant we all just be friendly rivals without the cursing

Roddick The Beast
06-06-2006, 11:14 AM
y cant we all just be friendly rivals without the cursingHey, pal, no one here is "cursing". Plus, I already apologized. I am the being the "good one" here. :D