PDA

View Full Version : The Next Jennifer Capriati???

raftermania
05-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Tennis pro pleads no contest

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Tennis player Katerina Bohmova and her mother have pleaded no contest to petty theft after they were arrested last month for shoplifting about $450 worth of clothes and jewelry.

The 19-year-old tennis player from the Czech Republic and her 48-year-old mother, also named Katerina Bohmova, received credit for the time they spent in jail and were sentenced to pay $500 in court costs, director of Duval County courts Angela Corey said Friday.

Corey said their records can be sealed and the charges won't follow them permanently.

The mother and daughter were shopping at a department store April 5, one day after the tennis pro lost at the Bausch & Lomb Championships. Bohmova, ranked No. 128 in the world, lost in the second round to top-seeded Nadia Petrova.

A security guard stopped them after watching them take items off a display rack, enter a dressing room and then leave the store without paying for the items concealed in two bags, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said. The items included two pairs of jeans, two sweaters, a shirt, earrings and other jewelry, the report stated.

The women's actions were also captured by a surveillance video camera, authorities said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=Ahp1xmpuO25M9iHsFxTf4mg4v7YF?slug=ap-bohmova-arrest&prov=ap&type=lgns

goober
05-21-2006, 06:36 AM
I thought JCap had drug problems? I don't see how the two are related.

Volly master
05-21-2006, 06:40 AM
she had shoplifting and drug problems..

this girl seems like a fool

goober
05-21-2006, 06:46 AM
she had shoplifting and drug problems..

this girl seems like a fool

Well Bohmova's mom seems like she was in on the shoplifting so I am not really surprised that she is following her parent's example.

Interesting that JCap had shoplifting problems when she was already making the big bucks a teenager.

Mr.Federer
05-21-2006, 08:27 AM
Tennis pro pleads no contest

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Tennis player Katerina Bohmova and her mother have pleaded no contest to petty theft after they were arrested last month for shoplifting about $450 worth of clothes and jewelry.

The 19-year-old tennis player from the Czech Republic and her 48-year-old mother, also named Katerina Bohmova, received credit for the time they spent in jail and were sentenced to pay $500 in court costs, director of Duval County courts Angela Corey said Friday.

Corey said their records can be sealed and the charges won't follow them permanently.

The mother and daughter were shopping at a department store April 5, one day after the tennis pro lost at the Bausch & Lomb Championships. Bohmova, ranked No. 128 in the world, lost in the second round to top-seeded Nadia Petrova.

A security guard stopped them after watching them take items off a display rack, enter a dressing room and then leave the store without paying for the items concealed in two bags, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said. The items included two pairs of jeans, two sweaters, a shirt, earrings and other jewelry, the report stated.

The women's actions were also captured by a surveillance video camera, authorities said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=Ahp1xmpuO25M9iHsFxTf4mg4v7YF?slug=ap-bohmova-arrest&prov=ap&type=lgns

Isn't this old news? I believe I read/heard about it a couple of months ago.

raftermania
05-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Isn't this old news? I believe I read/heard about it a couple of months ago.

"Updated on Friday, May 19, 2006 4:49 pm EDT"

You were probably thinking of the Justine Henin incident.

arosen
05-21-2006, 04:00 PM
That is just so stupid. As if they couldn't afford a pair of damn sweaters. Idiots. It's probably a felony, so should she decide to apply for green card or citizenship here in the states they would have legal grounds to dismiss her application.

snoflewis
05-21-2006, 07:26 PM
lol...my theory is that they were probably planning for the girl to win some money in the tourney to go shopping, but when she didnt win, the two women got ****ed off and decided to just steal the clothes.