PDA

View Full Version : looking for tennis meca

unit-0
05-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Looking to spend my winters where it,s warm.Need help in finding tennis meca in the usa.I am sure there out there for tennis finatics like me.

Thanks.

goober
05-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Florida, Southern Cal and Arizona would be good places to start looking.

jamauss
05-21-2006, 04:43 PM
I'll be moving to Arizona at the end of July. Not looking forward to the August heat but, looking forward to the winter season. :)

unit-0
05-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Hi where are the top spots in arizona.

goober
05-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Hi where are the top spots in arizona.

well pretty much the only spots are phoenix area and Tucson. Tucson I am not as familiar with but I doubt the tennis scene bigger there since it is a much smaller population.

If you are in the 50+ crowd there are several tennis communities in the phoenix area. You have to own property at these places. There are several in Scottsdale and one in East Mesa. There may be more. The one in Scottsdale that I have been to has 9 private courts that are hardcourts with cushioning with a lot of Condos surrounding it. You can pretty much play tennis everyday with somebody and there clinics and and social events pretty much everyday as well. Outside of this there are the usual country clubs and public leagues. There are USTA and ATA (Arizona Tennis Association) leauges as well.

The tournament season is almost year round with only a slow down in the months of July and August. There tends to be more action on the East side of town- Mesa/tempe/Chandler/Gilbert as far as tournaments are concerned.

unit-0
05-24-2006, 02:13 AM
thanks I am looking around tuscon.I checked the web and there are no shortqage of courts.

rasajadad
05-27-2006, 01:43 AM
Hilton Head island, SC- More tennis courts per capita than anywhere else in the US

Atlanta- More tennis players per capita than anywhere in the US

unit-0
05-27-2006, 04:16 AM
thanks interesting stats.might have too reconsider.