PDA

View Full Version : kick serve effective?

TennisAce101
05-22-2006, 11:22 AM
I was wondering if the kick serve is worthwhile skill because most of my friends return ace me although it changes direction like its supposed to.

wyutani
05-22-2006, 11:24 AM
i think that when the ball hits the ground it bounces really high, towards to face...

JRstriker12
05-22-2006, 11:36 AM
Don't hit the kicker to thier strength. Try hitting it to thier backhand or direct it into thier bodies.

If you hit a kicker so it goes low and right to thier forhand, expect a hard shot back.

Also, vary it up a little bit. If they know you're going to hit a kicker all the time, they will zone in on it and smack it back. I've played some guys with hard/flat serves, but if they hit it hard and flat down the "T" all game, it will loose it's effectiveness. I'll get used to it.

Make them guess where and what you are going to hit. When they expect a kick serve, hit a slice out wide or go flat.

It's also key to try to get your kick serve deep into the service box. This will stop your opponent from stepping in and hitting a hard return.

Dunlopkid
05-22-2006, 12:27 PM
Yes, the kicker is very effective if you hit to their backhand. Also, make sure it is spinning away from the court, not just into it. Also, make sure you hit it with 5-8 ft. net clearance.

AndyP
05-22-2006, 02:20 PM
The kick serve becomes infinitely more effective when it can be teamed with a solid flat serve.

AngeloDS
05-22-2006, 04:38 PM
A kick serve is a good tool to use if you're a doubles player. But it needs to have the "kick" to it. Some peoples kick serves don't kick up that high and get right into peoples power zones to just crush the ball so that's the down side.