PDA

View Full Version : Monica Seles looking skinny

HollerOne5
05-22-2006, 12:34 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=getty-spain-tennis-monica-seles&prov=getty

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=getty-tennis-esp-monica-seles&prov=getty

Back in Spain promoting something here, but looking skinnier than she ever did her last 5 years on tour I'd say. Is she planning a comeback and finally getting in shape?

pound cat
05-22-2006, 12:38 PM
And her face looks gaunt.

She looked better when she she was heavier. She looks older and tired, not fit at all.

HollerOne5
05-22-2006, 12:43 PM
And her face looks gaunt.

She looked better when she she was heavier. She looks older and tired, not fit at all.

I think her face looks the same, but she does look less toned. But definitely skinnier.

bsandy
05-22-2006, 12:53 PM
I'd tag her

migjam
05-22-2006, 01:07 PM
I think she looks great. Good for her.

BabolatFan
05-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Oh boy, she looks like an eighty year old grandma.

ACE of Hearts
05-22-2006, 01:18 PM
:confused: Monica looks like she has aged very well.

Ripper
05-22-2006, 01:28 PM
Why are the Anna Kournikova threads moved to the Odds Forum, but the Monica Seles threads allowed to stay on this forum? I posted an AK thread here today and it was moved. In the meantime, this one looks to be thriving here, eventhough it deals with the same subject. Don't get me wrong, I think MS is the best female tennis pro to have played the game (and AK the best looking), but she was robbed of the chance to prove it... yeah, you know the story. If AK threads don't belong on this forum, because she's retired, why are other retired players threads, including Steffi Graf (or however you spell it) allowed to remain here? Btw, I'm not mad; just asking.

HollerOne5
05-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Why are the Anna Kournikova threads moved to the Odds Forum, but the Monica Seles threads allowed to stay on this forum? I posted an AK thread here today and it was moved. In the meantime, this one looks to be thriving here, eventhough it deals with the same subject. Don't get me wrong, I think MS is the best female tennis pro to have played the game (and AK the best looking), but she was robbed of the chance to prove it... yeah, you know the story. If AK threads don't belong on this forum, because she's retired, why are other retired players threads, including Steffi Graf (or however you spell it) allowed to remain here? Btw, I'm not mad; just asking.

For the record, Monica Seles has not officially retired. She has stated that she will do so if she does not comeback sometime during 2006. The point of this thread is to talk about if she is planning on coming back, seeing how she looks thinner and possibly fitter, maybe she is aiming to acheive those goals?

Alexandros
05-22-2006, 05:27 PM

Simple enough: Kournikova has retired from tennis and has stated she has no plans of ever returning to the tour. Seles on the other hand, has never said she has retired and often speaks of a desire to return to competition.

arosen
05-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Gosh, she looks so old she reminds me she was one of the people that started WTA tour. She could use some botox or something, you can get help for this kind of face condition nowadays.

Bones08
05-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Just because she lost weight might not mean she's fit, but I believe she's going to give it a try. She hired a new coach after Mike Sell went to do work for the USTA. I know Nick Bolleteri is not going to let his beloved Monica go out with her last match in 2003. If she can hit the ball hard,precise,and still create those wicked angles, she can compete for slams. These are the same players before, she said Martina is making her hungry for more so don't give up yet. I think she'll aim for the U.S. Open. She said she still trains 3-5 days a week in Sarasota so i think she'll be back.

HollerOne5
05-22-2006, 10:20 PM
Just because she lost weight might not mean she's fit, but I believe she's going to give it a try. She hired a new coach after Mike Sell went to do work for the USTA. I know Nick Bolleteri is not going to let his beloved Monica go out with her last match in 2003. If she can hit the ball hard,precise,and still create those wicked angles, she can compete for slams. These are the same players before, she said Martina is making her hungry for more so don't give up yet. I think she'll aim for the U.S. Open. She said she still trains 3-5 days a week in Sarasota so i think she'll be back.

Bones08,

What is your source of info? You seem very optimistic about Seles' return to tennis, although I got the feeling from her quotes that it was more than likely she would not return, although she stated she still "hits" the ball, not "trains." It'd be great to see her back and I think she would be just like Hingis in her return, she could beat everyone outside the top 15 in the world or so, and have some problems with the top 5, but possibly have occasionally wins. She should give it a try.

raftermania
05-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Congrats to yahoo on posting higher resolution pics.

tennisadict
05-23-2006, 12:07 AM
damn she looks old

Ripper
05-23-2006, 06:20 AM
For the record, Monica Seles has not officially retired. She has stated that she will do so if she does not comeback sometime during 2006. The point of this thread is to talk about if she is planning on coming back, seeing how she looks thinner and possibly fitter, maybe she is aiming to acheive those goals?

Wrong answer. I could bore you with examples of retired players who've clearly stated that they won't play, professionally, again, but who are the subject of tons of threads here, most of them trivial.

Ripper
05-23-2006, 06:28 AM
Simple enough: Kournikova has retired from tennis and has stated she has no plans of ever returning to the tour. Seles on the other hand, has never said she has retired and often speaks of a desire to return to competition.

Same wrong answer (read my reply to HollerOne5). The truth is that the moderators here are just not objective enough. They let their personal views get in the way of their decisions. They want posters to follow rules, but they confuse us about them. Ok, they're humans, just like congressmen, judges and policemen. In other words, life is unfair; cool. Just wanted to point this out, in case someone (who can do something about this) cares. Have a nice day.

MonkeyPox
05-23-2006, 09:26 AM
What are people talking about that she looks old? She looks better than she has since the stabbing, that's for sure. Bout time she lost that weight.

christo
05-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Looks like the spitting image of her Dad

RadekStepanekTheKing
05-23-2006, 12:37 PM
she looks very old:rolleyes:

HollerOne5
05-23-2006, 01:08 PM
she looks very old:rolleyes:

I don't think she looks older than she ever has in the past 6 or 7 years, but the point of posting the pics is to address how much skinnier she appears and if she is planning on a true comeback, hence why she might be in better shape?

HollerOne5
05-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Here are pics of her from later that night in a dress, at the Laureus Sports Awards or whatever.....

http://www.monica-seles.com/en/index.asp

sandiegotennisboy
05-24-2006, 12:29 AM
good for her that she lost her blubber. that wasnt a good look.

she looks good. the laureus award pics looked very nice. she does need some botox around those crow's bigfeet though.

as far as a comeback, as nice as that sounds, i dunno if shell do it. hingis has a different game that gives her success even in todays game. but nowadays, everyone can bash the balls like seles. seles' power wont make a difference. everyone is so used to it. circa late 90s she really didnt play with much angle...just tried to bash the ball like davenport.

breakfast_of_champions
05-24-2006, 01:10 AM
wow. white as a sheet.

baseliner
05-24-2006, 08:34 AM
Maybe Ripper there are different rules for players who have won on the WTA and those who never woon even a single tournament. One who has never won gets shuffled off to another forum as she doesn't meet the definition of "Pro player"? Just a thought.

Ripper
05-24-2006, 08:53 AM
Maybe Ripper there are different rules for players who have won on the WTA and those who never woon even a single tournament. One who has never won gets shuffled off to another forum as she doesn't meet the definition of "Pro player"? Just a thought.

Lol, then the title "General Pro Player Discussion" needs to be changed.

HollerOne5
05-25-2006, 12:13 PM

So, is this true? How do you know this?

ATXtennisaddict
05-25-2006, 01:11 PM
how old is she?

Gundam
05-25-2006, 01:20 PM
Monica was the only baseliner/WTA player I liked (a fan of Rafter, Edberg, Cash, Krijicek. OK Guga is an exception). I didn't even mind her grunt at all. :(