PDA

View Full Version : do you keep a natural shot?

TENNIS_99
05-22-2006, 03:23 PM
I have this natural shot from my backhand side that I never intentionally practice since I switched from 1 HBH to 2 HBH a few years ago.

If the incoming ball is in my strike zone, without overly concentrated, just let my racquet, arm and body do the work, I would hit my 2HBH 9 out of 10 times - a sharp cross court angle shot 2 feet above middle of the net and landed somewhere close to the service line. The closer I am to the corner the sharper is the angle and more effectively that I can pull my opponent out of the court.

If I need to hit DTL winner or muscle up a backhand bullet I need to fight this instinct and really concentrate on the ball. Funny thing is I think there is probably some technical flaws in this shot, but, I hate overly analyze things especially this is an effective shot for me.

Do you have shots like this,maybe even unorthodox. Will you keep it,develope on that or you will make sure everything is technically correct?

thanks...

soyelmocano
05-22-2006, 09:34 PM
A long, high fade. Good for sticking the greens with the irons.

For tennis, serving down the middle for deuce and out wide to ad. Easiest serve for me to hit. Have to try to make it go wide to deuce side.