PDA

View Full Version : Center court with Rafael Nadal

Grigollif1
05-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Is somebody watching it ? It is so funny..you can only understand 3 words in each sentence but, he is a very nice guy. Guillermo Coria did the same interview and requested it a translator but, Nadal seems to be really pushing it to learn English...Good for him... Did you see that one Vamos Rafa?

arosen
05-22-2006, 06:24 PM
I always thought that it was kind of ******** of Coria not to try and learn English. It's an international sport, for godssake. Kudos to Rafa for trying. It always looks good when those top guys at least try. Its ammazing when Fed or Safin speak 3 or 4 languages like they are their own.

VamosRafa
05-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Is somebody watching it ? It is so funny..you can only understand 3 words in each sentence but, he is a very nice guy. Guillermo Coria did the same interview and requested it a translator but, Nadal seems to be really pushing it to learn English...Good for him... Did you see that one Vamos Rafa?

Yep, I watched it. It's very cute. I could understand it all, but then again, I'm used to hearing Rafa speak in English at this point.

From what I can tell, it was filmed during the U.S. Open in New York last year -- so the information isn't very current.

Also, Rafa gave rather pat answers to most of the questions, the ones he typically gives in English. And Chris didn't ask any probing questions -- just the normal ones Rafa gets asked all the time.

So there was no new information there -- particularly since we have access to interviews he gives in Spanish, which are more enlightening.

But it was cute when Chris asked him the players he likes playing against the most, and he said, "The ones I can win against, no?"

But you are right, it said a lot that he was willing to give a half-hour interview in English. I suspect some of Chris's questions had to be translated for him -- as they went on and on -- but he did his best. And you can see Rafa's persona coming through at times.