PDA

View Full Version : Wilson HPS6.1 and Head LM Radical MP

Ptennis
07-02-2004, 07:45 PM
I cannot decide between these rackets. What is different ? If I have to ask and poll, which one are you preferred, and why.

perfmode
07-02-2004, 07:48 PM
hps is heavier, more stable and more of a players racquet.

radical is more powerful, lighter and more of a tween/players.

Brent Pederson
07-02-2004, 11:11 PM
The Wilson is also alot stiffer than the head. The rad has a nice flexy feel to it, more comfortable. The Wilson is still very powerful for a players racket. To me the power level is about the same between the two.

rooski
07-03-2004, 06:40 PM
The Wilson is also alot stiffer than the head. The rad has a nice flexy feel to it, more comfortable. The Wilson is still very powerful for a players racket. To me the power level is about the same between the two.

I agree with the above. I played with the HPS61 for quite a while and loved it up until it started hurting my arm because of it's stiffness. To me it plays stiffer than the stats show. The LM Rad MP is definately a more comfortable frame but to me the real differences are weight, balance, and string pattern. The HPS61 is like 10-11 pts head light and the LM Rad MP is 5-6 pts HL. Also the HPS61 has a much heavier static weight which is apparent in a long match. Lastly, the HPS has an open 16x19 pattern and the LMRad is a 18x20.

Both of these are good sticks, it's just depends on which one feels better to you. FWIW...I ended up going with a weighted Ti Rad MP instead of the LM version because it just felt better to me. They're cheap too :lol: