PDA

View Full Version : What is good weight training for tennis?

Adam21343245
07-02-2004, 08:22 PM
What is good weight training for tennis? Whta should to stay in shape? I usallly go for a short jog everyday.. But what would be some good weight training?

cgreenlee88
07-03-2004, 11:22 AM
hey adam,
i also have the same question. i have, however, found a nice website for tennis bodybuilding. it's on teenbodybuilding.com

try this link
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=Tennis

or copy it into ur url address
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=Tennis

i havent tried any of these, i've done similiar 2 years ago while i was in off campus tennis(im a sophomore in high school now)
hey if u try any of those tell me how they go, i havent had the time because of my mowing business. thanks
cgreenlee@charter.net

chris

perfmode
07-03-2004, 01:14 PM
do stuff for your...

triceps*
forearms*
biceps*
pectorals
delts (shoulders)*
abs*
obliques*
calves
legs*
lower back

and make sure to do high reps. This list is a little long and that's pretty much your entire body so pay close attention to the ones with stars.

cgreenlee88
07-03-2004, 02:03 PM
do stuff for your...

triceps*
forearms*
biceps*
pectorals
delts (shoulders)*
abs*
obliques*
calves
legs*
lower back

and make sure to do high reps. This list is a little long and that's pretty much your entire body so pay close attention to the ones with stars.

hmm....u said to pay attention to the ones w/ stars...IMO calves, quads, abs, obliques, lower back, tricep, and pectorals would be my stars....cuz if u have a loopy swing on ur forehand(like me) u need to work pectorals. my chest has been sore many times after a big tournament before. and maaaan calves....wow im really surprised u didnt star that one. but hey man im not tryin to diss you or anything.....i was just sayin my opinion....lol sry if u thot that.

perfmode
07-03-2004, 02:42 PM
Well the stars are the ones that I find most important. I never get burnt out and feel like a specific part of my body is failing me. It's usually just my cardio in the 3rd set that breaks me. The entire list is actually pretty important and you should work on all.

triceps- serves, 1hbh
forearms- every shot
biceps- 2hbh, fh
pectorals- fh, serve
delts (shoulders)- every shot
abs- every shot, endurance
obliques- every shot, endurance
calves- footwork, endurance, federer's wings
legs- footwork, endurance, speed
back- serves, 1hbh

every one of those muscles contribute to racquet head speed and the stronger they are, the more whip you can get on the ball.