PDA

View Full Version : Blake and roddick get into a fight

RiosTheGenius
05-23-2006, 09:23 PM
so I just heard that Andy Roddick and James Blake had some discrepancies in Germany and they even said blake was about to take a flight to paris and leave the team. does anyone know what happened or a link with well sourced info.??

Andy Hewitt
05-23-2006, 09:27 PM
OH MY GOD!!!! .... anyway, I'm interested in this story!

Head_Rocketman
05-23-2006, 09:28 PM
A fight? That's odd, especially because they are friends. Wonder what happend. Post the article if you can.

RiosTheGenius
05-23-2006, 09:38 PM
here's where I got this little scoop from

http://www.latercera.cl/medio/articulo/0,0,3308_5832_211922405,00.html

superman1
05-23-2006, 09:53 PM
I doubt it's true, if it's only being reported on some Spanish news site.

Head_Rocketman
05-23-2006, 09:59 PM

How am I supposed to read that? Haha, anyway if this is the only place that i'ts postd than the person above is probably right. Don't want to say it, but may just be a case of media wanting to portray certain people from certain countries :) in a negative light.

RiosTheGenius
05-23-2006, 09:59 PM
I doubt it's true, if it's only being reported on some Spanish news site.
well, it isn't a unreliable source. this is a serious newspaper, not the enquirer mag or anything cheesy like that.
if this newspaper is posting that it is pretty much true.

Head_Rocketman
05-23-2006, 10:03 PM
well, it isn't a unreliable source. this is a serious newspaper, not the enquirer mag or anything cheesy like that.
One source and its true? They could've blown it out of proportions.

David L
05-23-2006, 10:09 PM

Serious papers are amongst the worst when it comes to inaccuracies. Boy, talk about green. No story is true, simply by virtue of being reported in a so called reputable publication. A story is true, if it is true. 'Reputable' papers get things wrong all the time.

VamosRafa
05-23-2006, 11:05 PM
If you want to have our Spanish sources at VR.com check it out, just let me know. They cover the Spanish press all the time, and they will be able to tell you if this is legit, and give an accurate translation.

Otherwise, we can wait for the English-speaking press to report on it, assuming they are even in Dusseldorf.

sandiegotennisboy
05-23-2006, 11:16 PM
i bet blake would beat up roddick in a fist fight. roddick is prissy.

wyutani
05-23-2006, 11:21 PM
nay, nothing big will happen. lolz~

Andy Hewitt
05-24-2006, 12:13 AM

How am i supposed to read this!!?? I don't speak French!!

...;)

Eviscerator
05-24-2006, 12:44 AM

:rolleyes:

No personal offense, but if you truly believe that about any newspaper or TV news show, you are a little naive.

pound cat
05-24-2006, 04:06 AM
How am i supposed to read this!!?? I don't speak French!!

...;)

French?

David L
05-24-2006, 04:54 AM
If you want to have our Spanish sources at VR.com check it out, just let me know. They cover the Spanish press all the time, and they will be able to tell you if this is legit, and give an accurate translation.

Otherwise, we can wait for the English-speaking press to report on it, assuming they are even in Dusseldorf.

Like your source that claimed Federer said, "I know I'll never win Roland Garros as long as Nadal is playing", in addition to, Nadal is "unbeatable" on clay. Uhhhm, no thanks.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=82178

TENNIS_IS_FUN
05-24-2006, 06:31 AM
You guys can love me for this. Jk. I went to free translations and got it "subbed"

The Chilean team that participates in the World Cup of Düsseldorf delivered its listing of singlistas for the second day of the Blue Group before United States, where the main news is the absence of Fernando González.

Despite that the "Bomber of The Queen" yesterday did not present physical problems, today transcended that is tired, for which will remain al margin of the sorrow before the Americans most of all by "precaution".

This it is explained besides, owed that for Chile the decisive party in Düsseldorf will be in the last day before Croatia, with whom they share the tip of the group after the first day of competence.

Thus the things, Nicolas Massú will be the responsible for heading al Chilean team, that will include Paul Capdeville as second singlista before Andy Roddick and Robbi Ginepri, respectively.

The born player in Nebraska will be the news in the United States, taking the place of James Blake, while the double will continue being composed by the best couple of the world, the brothers Bryan.

The things al interior of the American team are neither tranquil, since today was known that the relations among the players are not of the better.

Even, it transcended that James Blake was ready to take an airplane with course to Paris, to expect the start of Roland Garros, due to the inconvencientes that would have with Roddick.

RiosTheGenius
05-24-2006, 08:40 AM
:rolleyes:

No personal offense, but if you truly believe that about any newspaper or TV news show, you are a little naive.
some of you are so quick to start conflict ..... please refer to post #1 where I'm clearly asking you guys to confirm this if anyone knows it from any other source.... this means I trust this newspaper more than any other paper out there, but I want to confirm it. so if you really understand my thread, then why are you calling me naive? ..

tangerine
05-24-2006, 09:23 AM
so I just heard that Andy Roddick and James Blake had some discrepancies in Germany and they even said blake was about to take a flight to paris and leave the team. does anyone know what happened or a link with well sourced info.??
Nope. No such truth.

Quit reading the trashy Chilean papers and tell your people to get over the DC loss to the Americans already. Bitterness breeds regret, and it shows in their media "news" coverage of the Americans.

Eviscerator
05-24-2006, 09:56 AM
so if you really understand my thread, then why are you calling me naive? ..

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For the specific post of yours I quoted before where you say

ALL newspapers make mistakes, and have at one time or another printed false information. So for you to basically say that if it is in print in this paper it is true, and you really believe that, then you are naive.

Don't take it personally, just reassess how much stock you place in businesses that make profits buy selling a product. You will be better served in the future and as you mature you will become less and less naive, just as we all have over time.

RiosTheGenius
05-24-2006, 12:06 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For the specific post of yours I quoted before where you say

ALL newspapers make mistakes, and have at one time or another printed false information. So for you to basically say that if it is in print in this paper it is true, and you really believe that, then you are naive.

Don't take it personally, just reassess how much stock you place in businesses that make profits buy selling a product. You will be better served in the future and as you mature you will become less and less naive, just as we all have over time.
well, I'm not gonna get into that or answering to the other lunatic ( tangerine) , I asked for confirmation or denial of information I came across and you're not giving me that information so, carry on, have a good life.

Tchocky
05-24-2006, 12:09 PM
A disagreement or a brawl?

shroom
05-24-2006, 01:22 PM
It is true that James Blake is in Paris. I watched him beat Djokovic in the semis of an exho tourney today (the other semifinalists were Grosjean/Bagdhatis). This event started on the 23rd, so my guess is that he was contracted to leave Dusseldorf when he did anyway.

Tournament site - http://www.letropheedeparis.com/htm/index.htm

I'm not dissing the respectability of the paper carrying the article, but it smacks of someone in the Chilean camp trying to make mischief. Apart from being friends, both Andy Roddick and James Blake are far too discreet and savvy to have a public bust-up like that.

sureshs
05-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Anyone suspect a female is involved in this somewhere?

lucky leprechaun
05-24-2006, 01:27 PM
I doubt James Blake would get into a fight with roddick. James is "too nice", and probably wouldn't fight even if he should fight. If they did get into a fight though I would pick blake by KO.

David L
05-24-2006, 03:08 PM
some of you are so quick to start conflict ..... please refer to post #1 where I'm clearly asking you guys to confirm this if anyone knows it from any other source.... this means I trust this newspaper more than any other paper out there, but I want to confirm it. so if you really understand my thread, then why are you calling me naive? ..

Hey RiosTheGenius, I was just trying to be helpful. The story may be true. On the other hand, the story may be false. However, one should never get into the habit of trusting any publication, or any politician, or any police official, or any television programme etc. One should question everything, especially authority, because human beings are extremely fallible and not always honourable. Always use your own better judgement. Never relinquish your own intellectual responsibility, there are too many sheep out there as it is. You should always read, listen and watch critically.

MPC37
05-24-2006, 03:55 PM
Anyone suspect a female is involved in this somewhere?

Only logical explanation

RiosTheGenius
05-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Hey RiosTheGenius, I was just trying to be helpful. The story may be true. On the other hand, the story may be false. However, one should never get into the habit of trusting any publication, or any politician, or any police official, or any television programme etc.
which is why I started this thread, ....but again since it is so hard to understand I shall repeat:
ready?...1,2,3 ...here I go, - I am not making an announcement, I am asking people if anyone knows if this is true... I'm not asking you or anyone what they think of it... if you can confirm it or not , say so.
it was very simple and short, and in all honesty, I don't give a beaten crap what those two do.... but I just thought I brought it up. ..... bad idea, bad idea.
cheers sir

David L
05-24-2006, 05:58 PM
I am not making an announcement, I am asking people if anyone knows if this is true...

If this was the case, then what is this?

I was'nt particularly interested in the story either and I was'nt trying to have a go at you or anything, it was more what you said in that last quote. It just bothers me when I see people who are so unquestioning, because this is how the public relations industry and politicians are able to run rings around decent, but, ultimately, gullible people. One should'nt be too overtrusting.:)

VamosRafa
05-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Like your source that claimed Federer said, "I know I'll never win Roland Garros as long as Nadal is playing", in addition to, Nadal is "unbeatable" on clay. Uhhhm, no thanks.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=82178

We can only promise accurate translations of articles/interviews -- we can't say whether what we are translating is what was actually said.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
05-24-2006, 07:32 PM
They should just settle it in a tennis match....

arosen
05-24-2006, 07:36 PM
This is all a bunch of made up crap.