PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With Roddick

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
05-24-2006, 03:48 AM
Check the results for the ARAG tournament. He's not my favorite player by far, but one hates to see someone with such potential (yes, he still has potential if certain things get worked out ASAP!) keep having such difficulties.

pound cat
05-24-2006, 03:58 AM
Check to-day's results v. Massu. He's injured. Shoulder still/again.

lilfairyprincess
05-24-2006, 04:00 AM
does anyone know how serious it is??
i wonder if he will consider skipping the french to ensure he's healthy to defend all of his grass points this year!

get well soon andy :(

urban
05-24-2006, 04:16 AM
I saw it 10 minutes ago on TV. Roddick hurt his left ancle, was already heavily taped on both ancles. Had to default at 2-3 first set.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
05-24-2006, 04:54 AM
Yes, I saw, I'm here in Germany after all, and tennis coverage is very good. Just didn't wish to post results on this particular forum. One does indeed hope he can heal, and definitely chancy to try to play FO without being 100% then having to go on W, where he has had greater success.

Aeropro joe
05-24-2006, 05:29 AM
same thing happened last year, he had to default from a match after hurting his wrist on a forehand, that he hit offbalance, then he smashed his racket and gave it to a little girl if i remember right.

theace21
05-24-2006, 06:15 AM
Roddick - I am a huge fan, but it can kinda feels like a sinking ship.

johnkidd
05-24-2006, 06:19 AM
If I were Roddick I'd bag the French, take a couple weeks off to rest and heal then head over to England for the grass. He has few points to defend at the French, so why risk getting more seriously injured heading into Queens and Wimbledon where you have a bunch of points to defend.

migjam
05-24-2006, 06:32 AM
I'm sure the constant injuries and lack of tournament wins has got to hurt him mentally. He needs to find a coach that can help him and motivate him and he needs to stick with that coach rather than getting a new coach evertime he turns around.

Eviscerator
05-24-2006, 06:40 AM
I'm not sure what happened between him and Gilbert, but it's time to rehire Brad.

equinox
05-24-2006, 06:46 AM
and mandy moore. Don't forget about her! she's vital to his health.

johnkidd
05-24-2006, 07:07 AM
and mandy moore. Don't forget about her! she's vital to his health.

I think I'd play pretty well if I had her watching my matches. He really hasn't played well since the split.

Take me back Mandy take me back!!!!!!!!

tennissavy
05-24-2006, 07:47 AM
Roddick is making excuses for his losses. In Rome, he claimed to have injured his shoulder but after the time out he hit his biggest forehands and serves of the match! Now, he goes down a break and it's supposedly due to an ankle injury. It's time to face facts, he has never been a threat on red clay and he is no longer a big threat on fast courts. His peak has already passed. He will be done soon.

sureshs
05-24-2006, 08:07 AM
I think he will pull out of the FO

tangerine
05-24-2006, 09:27 AM
"It's just annoying. It's disappointing. I feel like every time there's progress being made something happens and there's a little bit of a setback." -- ANDY RODDICK. The Charlie Brown raincloud keeps following him everywhere.

I feel bad for Andy because every time he starts to get back some momentum, an injury or sickness takes him out. :(

I hope he'll be well again come grass season where he has a lot of points to defend.

-----
http://roddickwatch.blogspot.com/

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
05-24-2006, 09:57 AM
Definitely in agreement with the coaching situation. Brad played ugly, but he was a hard worker, and made it work for him. As we've all seen, Andy has some strokes that look really, really ugly. I think he needs Gilbert back, if not him, then someone like him. I think he'd do well the skip the French also, get rid of the nagging injuries, if that's what they are, and his iffy mental state, concentrate on the grass season on through hard courts.

devila
05-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Mandy Moore 's the incredibly beautiful Einstein. Good luck charm for her multiple "boyfriends".
Brad Gilbert never spent weeks doing nothing for his pupil.
A technical genius coach

Happy belated April Fools's Day, Roddick.

Tiresome posts from teenybopper girls and clueless guys.

The trainer and brother keep lying "We do everything for him.
Roddick feels goodl".

Funny how wonderful US ESPN channel never says anything when there's good news. As precious Davis Cup and slam time comes, Roddick's pathetic "SURPRISE injury and SUDDEN PROGRESS HALT" news is everywhere! STFU

Roddick's mind is not on self-respect or winning.
He's not interested in surrounding himself with intelligent people and mentors.
He only speaks occasionally to Lance Armstrong.

Roddick blames "bad luck" and "no talent" like 99% of the tennis fans do.

The Roddicks are satisfied with untalented coaches and no technical coaching.
The only things he cares about are exhibitions (the coach plays with him), Davis Cup and 156 mph serves.

The idiot family never cares about scheduling early, techniques, footwork,
variety serving, and keeping thin and strong.
The trainer seems to be delusional (I guess it's great that Roddick's eating junk food, doing nothing before a match..... or lifting heavy weights so much that he becomes weak, off-balanced and listless).

Who gives a damn when there's money to donate to charity?

WayneCM
05-24-2006, 02:17 PM
Roddick is making excuses for his losses. In Rome, he claimed to have injured his shoulder but after the time out he hit his biggest forehands and serves of the match! Now, he goes down a break and it's supposedly due to an ankle injury. It's time to face facts, he has never been a threat on red clay and he is no longer a big threat on fast courts. His peak has already passed. He will be done soon.
Wow somebody is speaking without the facts... I watched that match and he served his slowest speeds since he was a teenager and his forehand looked like mine.... He tried to hit shots with his backhand for gods sake! And he got broken after his injury... And true at 23 the old man is passed it.:rolleyes: Post when u get a clue huh?

superman1
05-24-2006, 02:59 PM
I respect Roddick because when he gets injured, he doesn't put his head into his hands and start weeping. He just takes it as it is and hopes it's not too serious. Most players, especially the women, act as if these little injuries are life-threatening.

pound cat
05-24-2006, 03:07 PM
I respect Roddick because when he gets injured, he doesn't put his head into his hands and start weeping. He just takes it as it is and hopes it's not too serious. Most players, especially the women, act as if these little injuries are life-threatening.

When tennis is your life, injuries ARE life threatening.

You better believe Roddick finds his injuries serious...and hoping that they just away is not what professional athletes do. They get their injuries treated, as Roddick does.

Minimizing them is how he explains them to the press, likely so they don't ask too many prying questions.