PDA

View Full Version : Wrist position

Xer14
05-24-2006, 09:19 AM
How do I have to have my wrist when I do a Forehand?
Does it has to be the same from the start till the end?
Does it has te be neutral/like a punch/facing the knuckles up/down? I don't know...
:confused:

Roddick The Beast
05-24-2006, 10:47 AM
How do I have to have my wrist when I do a Forehand?My child, have it relaxed. Just rrrrrelaxxxxx. :D

Does it has to be the same from the start till the end?No. Keeping it relaxed, it will flex and unflex, springing into your swing. Just let it move freely, my child.

Does it has te be neutral/like a punch/facing the knuckles up/down? I don't know...
:confused:It's okay. Allow it to move with the swing. Don't force it "to be", just "let it". Don't worry. You may be worrying too much.

:mrgreen:

Xer14
05-24-2006, 11:29 AM
but if I see all that slo-mo vids of pro's... they say to point the but of the racket to the target... Will that be done by relaxing?
Don't I need to do anything with my wrist for topspin?

Roddick The Beast
05-24-2006, 11:57 AM
but if I see all that slo-mo vids of pro's... they say to point the but of the racket to the target... Will that be done by relaxing?
Don't I need to do anything with my wrist for topspin?Yes. Rrrrelaxx. The modern way IS to have the handle pointing at the target. A loose wrist allows your hand to bend back (lay back).

What I had been talking about applies to topspin FHs! (sorry for the !!!! :mrgreen: ) For Topspin FHs, you swing YOUR BODY from low to high. You don't do anything special with your wrist. In tennis (at least the good MODERN way, and good OLD way too) you don't "wrist" the ball. This isn't "badmington", my child.

You may see (you WILL see) pros' wrist pronating and what not, but that is not FORCED! Like I said, just rrrelaxxxx and let it HAPPEN on its own, my child. :mrgreen: