PDA

View Full Version : Video on Roddick's ankle sprain.

Dan007
05-24-2006, 12:52 PM
It seems like he didn't roll over his ankle, but seem to hurt it badly while sliding on clay. I know how spraining ankle feels.:( I sprained my ankle a million times before(most were minor, got better in 2-3 minutes, 5 very serious sprains), but all of them were rolling over type of sprains.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=088CA5BE49D590F3

jamauss
05-24-2006, 12:56 PM
I wonder why he doesn't tape his ankles like other players do

Dan007
05-24-2006, 01:00 PM
I wonder why he doesn't tape his ankles like other players do

He wears ASO ankle braces. Ankle braces prevent from rolling over you ankle, this time Roddick didn't roll over his ankle if you watch the video carefully. He was sliding to his left side and all suddenly he felt a pain in his left ankle.

wyutani
05-24-2006, 01:01 PM
He wears ASO ankle braces. Ankle braces prevent from rolling over you ankle, this time Roddick didn't roll over his ankle if you watch the video carefully. He was sliding to his left side and all suddenly he felt a pain in his left ankle.

looks like he's faking it...

Dan007
05-24-2006, 01:03 PM
looks like he's faking it...

I would he fake 2-2 in the first set? It wasn't like he already lost the first set, or Massu broke him or anything.

tonysk83
05-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Yeah, he tried to slide but his foot planted. Seems like when that happened it just put a lot of pressure on his ankles.

Andy Hewitt
05-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Yeah, he tried to slide but his foot planted. Seems like when that happened it just put a lot of pressure on his ankles.
Exactly. I like at the end when Massu fist pumps and doesnt notice anything... made me laugh for some reason.

arosen
05-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the clip, Dan. Looks to me like it's a stress injury, he had all of his body weight on it, a lot of it, since he is a big guy and he was planting it hard against the ground.

tangerine
05-25-2006, 08:03 AM
The video only shows the first part when he popped something in his ankle and got it taped up. When he resumed play it was then that he rolled his ankle:

But at 2-2, the American landed badly and called for treatment after dropping his serve with a netted forehand. After taping his foot and ankle, Roddick resumed play but retired after losing the next game at love, down 4-2.

"I slid and kind of went over on it and felt something clip or pop. I wasn't able to really step on it, much less move, so it was pointless just going through the motions out there," Roddick said.
And it is still possible to sprain your ankle even while wearing ankle guards, as Lleyton Hewitt can attest.

--------
http://roddickwatch.blogspot.com/

johnkidd
05-25-2006, 08:46 AM
Seriously I wonder if it's something with his shoes. People on here have stated they feel the Babolat shoes are stiff. In the Cin'ti final last summer against Federer he felt something pop in his foot.

Dan007
05-25-2006, 12:57 PM
Seriously I wonder if it's something with his shoes. People on here have stated they feel the Babolat shoes are stiff. In the Cin'ti final last summer against Federer he felt something pop in his foot.

Yeah, I remenber that. Babolat shoes caused him lot of trouble with his foot.

bolio
05-25-2006, 01:08 PM
It looks more like a foot injury than an ankle by the way he's touching his foot. I'm sure he's had an MRI and scan so they know exactly what's wrong but are probably keeping it secret. That's one thing I like about football and bball, you know the injury 10 minutes later.

Dan007
05-25-2006, 01:12 PM
On his blog on andyroddick.com, he said he sprained 2 out os 3 ligaments in his left ankle. He said the sprain was not that serious.

Here's the link.

http://www.andyroddick.com/1856/my-blog-may-25th-2006/

superman1
05-25-2006, 02:21 PM
If Kim Clijsters had that injury, she'd probably permanently retire from the game. Props to Roddick.

Power_Player
05-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Poor guy...he's so hot.