PDA

View Full Version : What is Prince's best string?

edge
03-02-2004, 10:10 PM
I have an opportunity to purchase a package from Prince that inludes 30 sets of strings. I am not familiar with the Prince strings. Which one is most like NXT tour or NRG? Is Prince Premier or Prince MOre Feel their best string? Thanks!

jmckinney
03-03-2004, 06:52 AM
I like the More Feel and the old topspin string. Too bad it breaks so often.

Rocky Top
03-03-2004, 11:39 AM
See my post in ace's topic below on Prince strings, but short version is:

Sweeet Perfection = very much like NRG
Perfection = very much like TRC
More feel is more elastic than either; E-matrix is the only thing I think is similar. Both are sort of wierd, rubbery strings IMO
Can't help on Premier as I have not tried it.

For my $, the original Perfection is still the best of the bunch, but mainly because it's a bit firmer feeling than the others. It has a nice pearlized coating I liked too, which makes it easy to string.

mrwise
03-04-2004, 09:43 AM
If you want a more durable string I would recommend the Lightning XX 16. This string has really good feel. If you are getting 30 sets and the cost is not a factor I would go for the Perfection. It is probably their best feel string. The More Feel to me was not that at all. It was a little too slick. The Perfection string will not last all that long though. I would get the 16 gauge. If you are not a string breaker then go with the 17.

edge
03-04-2004, 10:01 AM
Cost is not a factor, they let you choose any string that they make. So I guess it's between Perfection and if anyone can give me feedback on Premier, thanks.

Koz
03-05-2004, 11:08 AM
edge, you may want to try a few sets of their new Softflex, or whatever it's called (it's on TW's string page, probably on the prince website too). It felt pretty good. Soft and powerful.

Robert Jones
03-17-2004, 01:39 PM
I have used

1. Prince Premier
2. Prince Top spin 15L
3. Prince Perfection 16

Of those the Premier is the is the most like NXT. Its very cushy and easy on the arm It will have noticably more power than the demo synth gut stings at the same tension. Its a good string for serve and volley but not very good for groundstroke control.

The Prince perfection is a super good control string. What I mean by control is when you look at a spot and hit the ball the ball goes there.
With the lively premier the ball is going to spray more. meaning you may aim for a line but the ball may end up a foot left or a foot right of where you wanted it to go.

Why is this? Well the cushy strings seem to create a hot spot in the middle of the frame where it has super power, and then about a few inches outside of that the power drops dramatically.

The stiffer perfection strings feel dead but off much more spin than the premier on serves and ground strokes. Its night and day difference.

If you find your self beating your self in rallies by just missing long or wide often switch to a stiffer feeling sting like the perfection and you will smile but your arm may be sore afterwards.

Best string? no such thing.

If you are a counter puncher, someone with short wristy strokes you will like power stings like multifiliments. Hard hitters will like a string with more control which seem to always be stiffer feeling strings.

From what I have read the Big Banger ACE 18 seems to be close, I have yet to try that one.

I'm trying the Perfection control 17 and when those break I'm off to ACE 18 land. Then after maybe mess around with using two types of stings.