PDA

View Full Version : Prince More Attack 920

esco
07-03-2004, 07:32 AM
Can anyone confirm that Prince really has stopped production of this racquet?? It strikes me as surprising, considering Sharapova has just won Wimbledon using the More Attack 920. I've been contemplating purchasing a couple of these racquets for the past two months now it seems I may be too late!!

Also, anyone who has used, or currently has this racquet, i'd be interested to know your opinions.

Many thanks.
Paul.

Onecoldcat
07-03-2004, 12:59 PM
It appears that Prince has dropped it from the line-up, but her racquet is actually the TT Hornet painted to look like the More Attack. See photos below.....

Here she is with the Hornet...
http://www.princetennis.com/product_documents/img/player_images/sharapova_500x500_2.jpg

Now here she is with the paint job....
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_09_sharapova32_getty.jpg

Here is what the Attack actually looks like, notice the difference in the throat near the top of the grip!
http://www.princetennis.com/product_documents/img/racquets/performance/attack_1050_detail.jpg

I tried the Attack OS and did not care for it, too stiff and I guess I'm not a fan of the More technology.

esco
07-03-2004, 02:27 PM
Hi.

Thanks so much for that. Very detailed response! Why would Prince do that, especially when they are no longer selling the racquet, i find it very strange! Weird marketing peeps!!! I'm sure they havfe their reasons! Can you offer me any recommendations of racquets, the reason I was interested in this racquet originally was because i have a similar game to Maria, in the sense that I play very aggresively from the baseline and do not come in to the net very often. I'm looking to purchase a couple of racquets very soon, so i'm open to suggestions...

Many thanks.
Paul.

Steve H.
07-03-2004, 02:53 PM
Maybe you could check out the AirDrive, which is supposed to be the successor to the 2001 Hornet -- specs are about the same, and unlike the More Attack it even has grommets. Whether Maria's actual stick is really only 10 ounces is anyone's guess, but she sure can swing it fast and you could try it if you want something that light.

Why Prince branded her with the Attack is also anyone's guess, we can only assume they were trying to push the benighted grommetless More notion at the time, and didn't worry about it too much cause they didn't expect her to do as well as she has recently. Would anyone care to bet that she'll be wielding a new "model" real soon?

Onecoldcat
07-03-2004, 03:50 PM
esco,
Almost all the pros have a paint job...it's how Prince, Wilson, Head, etc. sell racquets to the common folk. All I can recommend is to read the reviews and read the posts on this message board, and demo, demo, demo. In MOST cases, if you post a question about a specific racquet you're bound to get several honest and accurate responses that will help you decide.

Shane Reynolds
07-04-2004, 04:43 AM
go to the news section on the Prince website and read about "Shark Sightings." The racquet she used at Wimbledon clearly had grommets so it was not the Attack. I would be very hesitant to commit to a More racquet because they seem to be on their way out. They might keep what they learned for use down the road but I personally think they are done with grommetless racquets for now. Try the Head LM Instinct or Fischer Pro Impact FT.