PDA

View Full Version : Rate This warm up

Mike Cottrill
05-25-2006, 12:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yymxcTzjv-4&search=Roger%20Federer%20Tennis

Thanks to Beach, I saw this. I like it because of the less than mediocre video quality. Now I know why Fed does not hit a two hander backhand LOL..

You know what I find very funny…. If you hide his face and ask TWers to rate this play, they would say 3.5 at the beginning and max 4.0-4.5 on the ending forhands LOL…

kevhen
05-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Fed's footwork is a little lazy but then it's just warmup and even though he is not hitting hard, it's still like 5.0 level.

I agree though it's easy to downrate someone based on warmup video footage. I like to see match play.

mucat
05-25-2006, 01:11 PM
You know what I find very funny…. If you hide his face and ask TWers to rate this play, they would say 3.5 at the beginning and max 4.0-4.5 on the ending forhands LOL…

That why it is almost impossible to get a rating by just look at strokes. It is all about how good your hit in a match, while you are running, recovering, hitting the most uncomfortable balls, not when you are relaxing and hitting hand fed balls.

BeachTennis
05-25-2006, 05:03 PM
One must be abel to do it well slow and lazy like in order to be abel to Rock and Roll !

Love to see him hit that two hander

Never limit skill

bribeiro
05-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Fed's footwork is a little lazy but then it's just warmup and even though he is not hitting hard, it's still like 5.0 level.

lmao, 5.0 level

looseswing
05-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Watch how much more intense roddick is in his warmup (just look at the other videos posted by the guy who posted the fed warmup)

Wtitanium
05-25-2006, 05:44 PM
That why it is almost impossible to get a rating by just look at strokes. It is all about how good your hit in a match, while you are running, recovering, hitting the most uncomfortable balls, not when you are relaxing and hitting hand fed balls.

They hand feed those balls?

just out
05-25-2006, 08:33 PM
Felt better about the way I hit the other night after watching this:eek:

Bungalo Bill
05-25-2006, 09:23 PM
If you hide his face and ask TWers to rate this play, they would say 3.5 at the beginning and max 4.0-4.5 on the ending forhands LOL…

I think you are on crack if you think people here would rate onehanded backhands like that, hearing the ball pop quickly back and then seeing him hit a very clean and extended forehand as a 3.5 player.

Geez, the guy even hit a twohanded backhand rather decently on a tough low ball. But he cracked two onehanders right on film!

I think that people here are rated properly as a no-face Federer would also.

Ryoma
05-25-2006, 10:36 PM
All the "expert" in this forum would agree that this guy doesn't bend his knees enough, doesn't hit through the ball, use way too much wrist in his shot. Lacking in footwork and hit backband late on contact and most of the time resort to chipping the ball back. LOL

Bungalo Bill
05-26-2006, 05:15 AM
All the "expert" in this forum would agree that this guy doesn't bend his knees enough, doesn't hit through the ball, use way too much wrist in his shot. Lacking in footwork and hit backband late on contact and most of the time resort to chipping the ball back. LOL

And that skinny left arm, what is up with that, 3.0 no higher. ;)

Mike Cottrill
05-26-2006, 05:22 AM
I think you are on crack if you think people here would rate onehanded backhands like that, hearing the ball pop quickly back and then seeing him hit a very clean and extended forehand as a 3.5 player.

Geez, the guy even hit a twohanded backhand rather decently on a tough low ball. But he cracked two onehanders right on film!

I think that people here are rated properly as a no-face Federer would also.

Bill,
This way my attempt at humor. LOL… Not attack on you my friend. We all appreciate what you do and your advice is good even if we had to pay for it.
I feel a little bit of tension behind that monitor. Is your wife still taking you to Church?

Back to the post.. You have to admit there have been videos of players that are at 6.0 and 6.5 and have atp points to back it up and folks say 5.5 at best.. I was just getting a laugh. BTW, you like that two handed back hand?
Regards