PDA

View Full Version : how to mentally stay moving against no pace

eLterrible
05-25-2006, 04:42 PM
In a match during a pusher who just throws up lobs and moonballs, how do I keep my feet moving? The shots are going so slow that the result is I hit flat footed because I get to the hitting zone with 3+ seconds to spare.

How do i mentally remind myself to stay on my toes? (because if i don't, the resulting shots aren't pretty)

MPC37
05-25-2006, 04:59 PM
You have to play like your not playing a pusher. Keep him moving and get yourself pumped up to win the points.

The big thing is that you have to consentrate on not letting the pusher put you to sleep. Make him play at your level.

str33t
05-25-2006, 05:01 PM
get pumped up like nadal. always be on your toes and bounce around.

MPC37
05-25-2006, 05:05 PM
^^^

yeah bouncing around definantly helps out and keeps you energized. Your opponenet also will see that you are going to make him move and may get nervous.

thehustler
05-25-2006, 11:24 PM
When I play a pusher I like to come inside the baseline as much as possible. It forces me to move my feet and allows me to be in a better position to attack. I figure if I'm attacking I can get a good shot that my opponent can't lob back and will have to try a pass or well angled shot with. This allows me to come in to net and put away a volley. If they keep lobbing though I just keep moving after the ball, I may not crush an overhead just to work on my footwork on a forehand. Then I can come back in again and repeat if necessary. Eventually I get the shot I want, even if it is the 12th shot in a rally and put them away. I've noticed with most pushers I play that if you keep coming in and attacking they will get frustrated and try to pass more than lob. They know that their lobs will not be effective and now their only chance is to pass or get in a rally and push you off the court. But once they realize that doesn't work they fold like a house of cards.