PDA

View Full Version : two-handed grips

mr_spaz104
05-26-2006, 06:45 AM
i've been revamping my playstyle lately and i've decided to go to a two-handed backhand because it feels really consistant and topspin is easier to generate, however i miss the angles i could get with my one-hander...

ne ways...i've heard there are many different backhand grip variations, dependent on yer forehand grip. some say just add the left hand while SLIGHTLY adjusting the forehand grip, so it feels comfortable and there's yer two-handed backhand grip. however, some say that it should be the bevel that is opposite of yer forehand grip.

i'm still in the beginning of revamping my playstyle, so it's still easy to make changes...i would really appreciate the help.

btw, i use a western forehand and for my backhand, i have my right hand on the eastern backhand grip (upside down western) and my left-hand on the semi-western grip(left-handed)

thanks in advanced

Ripper
05-26-2006, 07:01 AM
i've been revamping my playstyle lately and i've decided to go to a two-handed backhand...

All I can say is that that the 2 undisputed candidates for GOAT did, exactly, the reverse from what you're doing. Are you crazy?

Bungalo Bill
05-26-2006, 09:03 AM
i've been revamping my playstyle lately and i've decided to go to a two-handed backhand because it feels really consistant and topspin is easier to generate, however i miss the angles i could get with my one-hander...

ne ways...i've heard there are many different backhand grip variations, dependent on yer forehand grip. some say just add the left hand while SLIGHTLY adjusting the forehand grip, so it feels comfortable and there's yer two-handed backhand grip. however, some say that it should be the bevel that is opposite of yer forehand grip.

i'm still in the beginning of revamping my playstyle, so it's still easy to make changes...i would really appreciate the help.

btw, i use a western forehand and for my backhand, i have my right hand on the eastern backhand grip (upside down western) and my left-hand on the semi-western grip(left-handed)

thanks in advanced

The twohander is a great stroke! Lots of strengths in the twohander. To hit angled shots you really have to learn to pull up a little while swinging out, to hit sharper angles. It would take no time to show you how to do it. You are sort of turning your wrist for a lack of a better illustration.

Or maybe you might understand it better if I said to use a windshield wiping motion lead primarily from your tophand which forces you to keep a very loose handed grip and arm on the bottomhand as you go up the ball with the tophand resembling a forehand putaway. Better?

mr_spaz104
05-27-2006, 09:16 PM
double post

mr_spaz104
05-27-2006, 09:17 PM
thanks again...but ugh, for the sake of simplicity...

is my two-handed grip TOO extreme?

i got something from the wegner site that said that a two-hander is just yer forehand grip with yer left hand there, but since i use an western grip, it doesn't feel all that comfortable, so i wanted to get some feedback here.

in terms of grips(ex. eastern, semi-western, western, cont), where should my left-hand and right-hand be? (if my current one is too extreme)

right hand is on the eastern backhand grip while the left hand is on the semi-western grip (left-handed)

thanks again

Bungalo Bill
05-28-2006, 11:21 AM
thanks again...but ugh, for the sake of simplicity...

is my two-handed grip TOO extreme?

i got something from the wegner site that said that a two-hander is just yer forehand grip with yer left hand there, but since i use an western grip, it doesn't feel all that comfortable, so i wanted to get some feedback here.

in terms of grips(ex. eastern, semi-western, western, cont), where should my left-hand and right-hand be? (if my current one is too extreme)

right hand is on the eastern backhand grip while the left hand is on the semi-western grip (left-handed)

thanks again

No, it is not extreme. I would recommend placing the bottom hand more inthe Continental. But if the EB feels okay, then it is okay. You might want to learn to slice with the EB, which you certainly can. But if you slice with the Continental, move it to the Continental.