PDA

View Full Version : Tennis in Albany between 12-31 August

mahmot1
05-26-2006, 06:47 AM
I will be in Albany Guilderland area between 12-31 August.

I am looking for partners to hit for about 2-3 hrs a day.

Also where are the best places to play tennis in and around the area?

I play tennis 6 days a week (club/county level 7.1 UK rating) and love playing singles.

katastrof
05-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Already replied to your email.

Cheers.

rasajadad
05-27-2006, 01:39 AM
I'm 1 1/2 hours away, but let me know.

mahmot1
06-15-2006, 06:47 AM
Can you send me an email with your email contact?

Lee
06-15-2006, 10:11 AM
I'm 1 1/2 hours away, but let me know.

Rajasdad, where are you located in Vermont? I'm thinkin about taking a drive up there for a day or so. Would you be willing to hit with a 4.0?

MegacedU
06-15-2006, 01:51 PM
I will be in Albany Guilderland area between 12-31 August.

I am looking for partners to hit for about 2-3 hrs a day.

Also where are the best places to play tennis in and around the area?

I play tennis 6 days a week (club/county level 7.1 UK rating) and love playing singles.
If you've never been to this area in the summer, you might want to rethink 2-3 consecutive outdoor hours. It gets SO humid and hot here, even great athletes will be dying.

There's good courts everywhere. Most of the high schools have good ones, Albany country club I think has clay ones. Schenectady, my personal favorite, has har tru courts that are awesome.

quest01
06-15-2006, 10:18 PM
I live around 30 miles north of Syracuse, and always looking for hitting partners. Im tired of always beating the people i play against with unmistakable ease. I would like to hit against a person that can atleast take a set off me.

rasajadad
06-16-2006, 09:03 AM
Can you send me an email with your email contact?
rasajadad@msn.com

rasajadad
06-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Rajasdad, where are you located in Vermont? I'm thinkin about taking a drive up there for a day or so. Would you be willing to hit with a 4.0?
Lee,
I'd love to hit. I'm at Stratton Mountain. In Southwest Vermont. Manchester, VT is the closest town. (Bennington a half hour away.) My email is:
rasajadad@msn.com

dubsplayer
06-16-2006, 10:33 AM
If you've never been to this area in the summer, you might want to rethink 2-3 consecutive outdoor hours. It gets SO humid and hot here, even great athletes will be dying.

There's good courts everywhere. Most of the high schools have good ones, Albany country club I think has clay ones. Schenectady, my personal favorite, has har tru courts that are awesome.

Albany CC does have har-tru and the view is fantastic from the courts, but you have to be a member or invited to play by one.

Guilderland High has courts and probably so does their middle school. Lincoln Park (very near downtown Albany) does too.

It's not that humid here. I grew up at the shore in Ct. and that is much much worse.

MegacedU
06-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Albany CC does have har-tru and the view is fantastic from the courts, but you have to be a member or invited to play by one.

Guilderland High has courts and probably so does their middle school. Lincoln Park (very near downtown Albany) does too.

It's not that humid here. I grew up at the shore in Ct. and that is much much worse.
The Lincoln Park courts are far from nice though. And yeah, Albany CC is members only. The courts in Washington Park are nicer.

dubsplayer
06-16-2006, 12:59 PM
The Lincoln Park courts are far from nice though. And yeah, Albany CC is members only. The courts in Washington Park are nicer.

I didn't know Washington Park had courts. Where are they? I've never played at Lincoln Park, just driven by there. The town park in Bethlehem also has courts and some are lighted so you can play at night. Not sure about the park Towasenta (sp) in G'land though I assume they must have courts too.

MegacedU
06-16-2006, 01:53 PM
I didn't know Washington Park had courts. Where are they? I've never played at Lincoln Park, just driven by there. The town park in Bethlehem also has courts and some are lighted so you can play at night. Not sure about the park Towasenta (sp) in G'land though I assume they must have courts too.
Of course Washington Park has courts! They're just further up Madison. They're visible from the road.

dubsplayer
06-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Of course Washington Park has courts! They're just further up Madison. They're visible from the road.

Okay, now I remember, near S. Lake. Obviously never played on them either.