PDA

View Full Version : Where to play in Cincinnati?

twocents
05-26-2006, 09:22 AM
I will be working in Cincinnati for the next six months. I need to know where to play either indoor or outdoor. I play USTA 4.0 and 4.5 mostly doubles.
thanks

wally
05-31-2006, 05:01 AM
Hi,

Before moving to WI My wife and I lived in the Cincinnati area for a number of years.

Depending upon where you're located here's a few of ideas

1.) lunkin airport - public courts some clay if I remember correctly. They hold the city championships there. Close to down town

2.) The Clubs at Harpers Point - My father-in-laws friend Steve Contardi is the Pro/manager. Very nice guy. The club is is north central (right up 71 to montgomery/symmes township area). He also runs the Nike camp at Miami (OH) in Oxford (45 min NW of Cincy)

3.) Check out M i d W e s t Sports (you can email me for the website) Huge tennis shop. They may be able to help you out. When we visit Cincy we always make a stop. They are on Reading Rd inside the 275 beltway

also get tickets for the ATP event starting AUG 14th. A day pass is not real expensive and you'll see most of the guys who are playing the US Open. Its the last Masters event prior to the Open

hope this helps

twocents
06-02-2006, 02:36 PM
Thanks Wally,
I went to the ATP last year and hope to go again this year. I also visited ******* Sports and got some great deals. I will check out the clubs you mentioned.

wally
06-02-2006, 07:53 PM
If you have any other questions you can email me directly
(wreichelt@tds.net)

It went live after we left but I believe there is a 5 Seasons Club (or something similar) off of I-71. That might be an option.

The Clubs at Harpers Point is actually just a name Its one Club but they fitness, tennis etc... and the name fits the part of town its in if you get my drift ;) . That aside Contardi is a super guy and the staff I've dealt with are also very nice. He runs the Nike Tennis Camp at Miami (OH) in Oxford.