PDA

View Full Version : Who will be runner up to Nadal at this years French?

federerhoogenbandfan
05-26-2006, 08:53 AM
Since Nadal is pretty much a lock to win this years French Open, who will be the runner up?

Rickson
05-26-2006, 09:16 AM
You can't have a runnerup to someone who doesn't win. This thread doesn't make any sense.

wyutani
05-26-2006, 09:17 AM
federer i guess...;)

federerhoogenbandfan
05-26-2006, 09:18 AM
You can't have a runnerup to someone who doesn't win. This thread doesn't make any sense.

Nadal will win the French, you know this Rickson.

Rickson
05-26-2006, 09:24 AM
Nadal will win the French, you know this Rickson.
100 U.S. dollars says he doesn't. How about it? Federer doesn't even have to win the French, Nadal simply has to lose. You have faith in Nadal? Do you?

federerhoogenbandfan
05-26-2006, 09:32 AM
100 U.S. dollars says he doesn't. How about it? Federer doesn't even have to win the French, Nadal simply has to lose. You have faith in Nadal? Do you?

I already made a $100 bet with you, I dont make two bets at once with one person until one is done. Unless you want to replace our other bet with this one? In that case then fine.

ATXtennisaddict
05-26-2006, 09:46 AM
I already made a $100 bet with you, I dont make two bets at once with one person until one is done. Unless you want to replace our other bet with this one? In that case then fine.

what was the other bet?

federerhoogenbandfan
05-26-2006, 09:47 AM
what was the other bet?

That Federer would lose to Nadal the next time they played, unless it is on grass.

ATXtennisaddict
05-26-2006, 09:48 AM
That Federer would lose to Nadal the next time they played, unless it is on grass.

i assume YOU said Federer would lose to Nadal next time. BTW, when will you change your name from federerfan to something else? :P

Also, are you an ian crocker fan now or still with peter vanden hoogenband?

Rickson
05-26-2006, 12:18 PM
Actually, the bet was that Federer would beat Nadal before 07 ends except on grass if they ever met on grass. Side bet then; Nadal loses the French and it doesn't matter to whom for a $20 money order. Surely you have more faith in Nadal than 20 bucks.

federerhoogenbandfan
05-26-2006, 12:21 PM
i assume YOU said Federer would lose to Nadal next time. BTW, when will you change your name from federerfan to something else? :P

Also, are you an ian crocker fan now or still with peter vanden hoogenband?

I am a federerfan, I will keep my username. Just because I am annoyed at him for not making a real rivalry with Nadal, and hold out no hope of him beating Nadal on clay right now does not mean I am not a fan. I will never change my mind.

Also why would I change from being a Van Den Hoogenband fan to a Crocker fan:

1)Pieter has won 3 individual Oly golds, not a couple cheepo relay golds like Crocker has. If Pieter was an American he would have alot of relay golds, he actually swims better in relays then individual swims, his split in one of the relays in Athens for example was 1.5 seconds faster then Ian Thorpe was on his leg which is incredable, and the Dutch still barely won the silver, it is not his fault his teammates sucks, and Crocker can ride his teammates to cheap-o relay wins.

2)Pieter is great at 2 or 3 individual events, not a 1-event wonder like Crocker.

3)Pieter is miles cuter then Crocker anyway, and does not admit to taking pills for emotional fragility.

federerhoogenbandfan
05-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Actually, the bet was that Federer would beat Nadal before 07 ends except on grass if they ever met on grass. Side bet then; Nadal loses the French and it doesn't matter to whom for a $20 money order. Surely you have more faith in Nadal than 20 bucks.

Sorry the only way I take the Nadal bet for the French Open is if it replaces the other bet. I dont have more than one bet going with somebody at once, the other has to finish before I make another.

Tennis_Goodness
05-26-2006, 10:06 PM
I don't think he is a lock to win it at all. Federer could very well win this year!

Steve Dykstra
05-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Rickson, just replace that bet and then make it again after the French is over.

arosen
05-27-2006, 06:25 PM
How about Juan Martin Del Potro makes it to the final. That would be a blast. Even if he beats Ferrero in the first round it would be a huge upset already. This kid is really good.

aramis
05-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Ferrero will reach the final.

federerhoogenbandfan
05-29-2006, 11:12 AM
It looks like about 3/4s of you think it will be Roger who will lose to Nadal in the final. It will be interesting to see what happens. No votes for Gaudio or Robredo yet, perhaps I should not have made them options at all. The whole event is boring though, with Nadal a lock to win it; just like Wimbledon is kind of boring with Federer a lock to win it. The mens game wont get interesting until the U.S Open.