PDA

View Full Version : "Weird playing lefty?"

Midlife crisis
05-26-2006, 10:40 AM
I somehow find it difficult to believe he would have said it in exactly those words:

"I know I can wait for the day when I beat Nadal. I've surprised myself how much I've improved since Dubai, as when I played him in Monte Carlo and in Rome. I always felt that I played a bit better.

"It's also important for me to know, going into the French Open, that I can cope with such a weird-playing leftie," he said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/sport/2006/05/26/stfede26.xml

wyutani
05-26-2006, 10:42 AM
i dun think fed will find it weird playing lefties no more. he hired puerta so that he can adapt playing against lefties...

ATXtennisaddict
05-26-2006, 10:43 AM
I somehow find it difficult to believe he would have said it in exactly those words:

"I know I can wait for the day when I beat Nadal. I've surprised myself how much I've improved since Dubai, as when I played him in Monte Carlo and in Rome. I always felt that I played a bit better.

"It's also important for me to know, going into the French Open, that I can cope with such a weird-playing leftie," he said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/sport/2006/05/26/stfede26.xml

don't say you're hurt/annoyed over a couple of words...like the other nadal fans here who overanalyze a single word.

Defcon
05-26-2006, 10:59 AM
What he said is absolutely true, so what is so hard to believe?

sureshs
05-26-2006, 11:52 AM
He says these kind of things often, is it a "lost in translation" issue going to English which is his Nth language? Did he mean "different style from others" by "weird"?

Dunlopkid
05-26-2006, 12:44 PM
i dun think fed will find it weird playing lefties no more. he hired puerta so that he can adapt playing against lefties...

I hope you're joking. This was on the boards before as a JOKE.

I agree with previous poster. How many people on this board speak 4 languages like Fed?:rolleyes:

Moose Malloy
05-26-2006, 12:53 PM
How many people on this board speak 4 languages like Fed

Whats the 4th language? I know he speaks French, German, English.

Fedubai
05-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Swiss German. Like a dialect.

Andres
05-26-2006, 01:44 PM
I hope you're joking. This was on the boards before as a JOKE.

I agree with previous poster. How many people on this board speak 4 languages like Fed?:rolleyes:
Spanish, English, Portuguese and Italian ;)
Gotcha!

I'm sure there are plenty more of us, dunlopkid ;)

Ripper
05-26-2006, 01:48 PM
He says these kind of things often, is it a "lost in translation" issue going to English which is his Nth language? Did he mean "different style from others" by "weird"?

No, he meant Nadal is a wierdo.

Midlife crisis
05-26-2006, 01:56 PM
don't say you're hurt/annoyed over a couple of words...like the other nadal fans here who overanalyze a single word.

Nope, not a "fan"atic at all. I admire each and every one of them for their games, and while I can relate to one pro's game more than I might another, I have no feelings to hurt because I have no investment in any of them. I just saw this article and thought that's a strange use of words from someone who seems to normally be measured in his speaking.