05-26-2006, 01:03 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060526/sp_nm/tennis_wimbledon_serena_dc_2

Can't say I'm really surprised.

8PAQ
05-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Great news! More ATP coverage on TV!

sureshs
05-26-2006, 01:12 PM
More strawberries and cream to go around.

8PAQ
05-26-2006, 01:20 PM
More strawberries and cream to go around.

good one! :D

Chadwixx
05-26-2006, 01:21 PM
I thought cows loved grass?

GRANITECHIEF
05-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Guess they didn't have enough food. Did she get stuck when they pulled her out?

tennisadict
05-26-2006, 02:16 PM
I Quit Tennis........haaaaaaa

drakulie
05-26-2006, 02:21 PM

Too funny! I couldn't have said it better!

theace21
05-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Good, less shots in the stands of her mom and dad...

psp2
05-26-2006, 02:47 PM
maybe she's got an acting gig audition in hollywood............

MagicMT
05-26-2006, 02:53 PM
i don't get why she made this announcement. this is the time to be talking about the French, not Wimbledon. i guess she wants some spotlight.

arosen
05-26-2006, 03:23 PM
She is as good as retired. With Davenport injured, Wimby draw is going to be wide open. Venus-Sharapova in the final?

wyutani
05-26-2006, 03:24 PM
i don't get why she made this announcement. this is the time to be talking about the French, not Wimbledon. i guess she wants some spotlight.

she can "predict" the future mate'..hehe. by next week, she'll be annoucing that she's pulling out of the US Open as well...:mrgreen:

Bones08
05-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Actually, she made the statement on May,7th. She will be back for the Summer Hardcourt Season, or as she said the end of the summer. She did an interview with AOL, and she promised that she'd be back with a big bang. She has lost a lot of weight within the last 4 1/2 months. Every mONDAY AND Thursday, she's been at Nick Bolleteris to have one on one sessions, and he rarely does the one on one seeions. There not all practice sessions, some are more like tennis-prep therapy sessions, letting Serena know that a fit Serena is basiacally unstoppable. So, too bad for you guys because she's coming back, better than before, and maybe better then ever. It really is up to Serena, even those who don't care for her know, if Rena wants to win, she will do just that.

drakulie
05-26-2006, 07:35 PM
I wonder if she beats "Nick" when they have their practice sessions every Monday and Thursday?

Bones08
05-26-2006, 08:28 PM
I wonder if she beats "Nick" when they have their practice sessions every Monday and Thursday?

He doesn't play against her drakulie, he makes her stand on the baseline and hit balls on the rise, taking away opponents time, and making her run side to side, up and back. He has him,the indian guy, Rodriega working with her. She went there before every slam she won, except Wimbeldon 03.

tommytom11
05-26-2006, 10:09 PM

now thats funny!! all i can say is HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!

Bones08
05-27-2006, 06:20 AM
Ooh, 16 replys, if i didn't like someone i wouldn't waste my time writing on them, you'll are true Serena fans!!!!!!!!!

secondserve
05-27-2006, 07:20 AM
Actually, she made the statement on May,7th. She will be back for the Summer Hardcourt Season, or as she said the end of the summer. She did an interview with AOL, and she promised that she'd be back with a big bang. She has lost a lot of weight within the last 4 1/2 months. Every mONDAY AND Thursday, she's been at Nick Bolleteris to have one on one sessions, and he rarely does the one on one seeions. There not all practice sessions, some are more like tennis-prep therapy sessions, letting Serena know that a fit Serena is basiacally unstoppable. So, too bad for you guys because she's coming back, better than before, and maybe better then ever. It really is up to Serena, even those who don't care for her know, if Rena wants to win, she will do just that.

Not tryna say that u not right, but how do u know?

Bones08
05-27-2006, 07:32 AM
Not tryna say that u not right, but how do u know?

Trust me my friend, i'm 100% sure, but right before she comes back you'll hear about all of this.I'm sure she'll be thanking him a lot for his help. Richard and him are very friendly, Nick always said he liked Richard because Richard knew what his kids needed. Richard really trust Nick because he's been with Venus at Warsaw & Rome, and now the French. He usually never leaves Rena with someone, or he brings her with Venus so Venus will have someone to hit with other than their hitting partner to get a different ball for the match ahead. Venus is working with this Turkish coach, you'll see him beside Richard in the Stands at the French Open. Oh by the way Serena went against her word, she really wanted to play Wimbeldon, hoping she'd be ready, but she'll just continue to Train with Nick. and increase the amount of time and sessions while she's there.

secondserve
05-27-2006, 08:26 AM
Trust me my friend, i'm 100% sure, but right before she comes back you'll hear about all of this.I'm sure she'll be thanking him a lot for his help. Richard and him are very friendly, Nick always said he liked Richard because Richard knew what his kids needed. Richard really trust Nick because he's been with Venus at Warsaw & Rome, and now the French. He usually never leaves Rena with someone, or he brings her with Venus so Venus will have someone to hit with other than their hitting partner to get a different ball for the match ahead. Venus is working with this Turkish coach, you'll see him beside Richard in the Stands at the French Open. Oh by the way Serena went against her word, she really wanted to play Wimbeldon, hoping she'd be ready, but she'll just continue to Train with Nick. and increase the amount of time and sessions while she's there.

So u seen pics of her workin wit them, or u got contacts or wat?

Bones08
05-27-2006, 08:31 AM
So u seen pics of her workin wit them, or u got contacts or wat?

Contacts buddy! I wish I had pictures, but I'm not sure if they(Nick and Serena) want everyone to know right now. But, you seem like you don't dislike her so i'm telling you. I don't think it's so much of her listening to Nick's open letter more than Chrissy's, i just think she had to go back to what she felt was right when she was winning her slams.

secondserve
05-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Contacts buddy! I wish I had pictures, but I'm not sure if they(Nick and Serena) want everyone to know right now. But, you seem like you don't dislike her so i'm telling you. I don't think it's so much of her listening to Nick's open letter more than Chrissy's, i just think she had to go back to what she felt was right when she was winning her slams.

Ook, yeah i like the Williams sisters. They're the reason I even play tennis. So thats good news, she gonna come back hard.

Venus06
05-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Yep me to - Venus and Serena are the reason i play tennis.

And no i am not black or American i am white and english - not that it matters but a lot of people believe that if you are fans of the Williams sisters your black and American? :rolleyes:

I am really looking forward to Serena returning. I'm HUUUUGE fans of both of them - Venus more (but thats only becuase when i started watching tennis it was Venus who was more dominant).

Serena does seem to be working hard and i love it when the 'haters' on this board are so quick with the comments and the retirement and weight jibes - coz when she does come back they'll be laughing on the other side of their faces.

When Serena is fit - no one can touch her and everyone knows that.

I've said my piece.

Bones08
05-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Ook, yeah i like the Williams sisters. They're the reason I even play tennis. So thats good news, she gonna come back hard.

Yeah, they will. Venus is already doing pretty good, she has a really nice draw, hopefully she jumps on it.
Serena will be good, she's losing the weight, have you seen the recent McDonalds pictures for her chairity work, look at dat and compare that with the Aussie Open, wwwwwwwoooooooooo, she's been dropping them.

Bones08
05-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Yep me to - Venus and Serena are the reason i play tennis.

And no i am not black or American i am white and english - not that it matters but a lot of people believe that if you are fans of the Williams sisters your black and American? :rolleyes:

I am really looking forward to Serena returning. I'm HUUUUGE fans of both of them - Venus more (but thats only becuase when i started watching tennis it was Venus who was more dominant).

Serena does seem to be working hard and i love it when the 'haters' on this board are so quick with the comments and the retirement and weight jibes - coz when she does come back they'll be laughing on the other side of their faces.

When Serena is fit - no one can touch her and everyone knows that.

I've said my piece.

And your piece is rrrrrriiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhtttttttt!!!

I love Venus, but Serena fit and focused is just unstoppable.

chess9
05-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Amen. Serena was the best and can be the best again with hard work and some luck.

Good to hear she's losing the pig. She was looking pretty heavy a few months ago.

-Robert