PDA

View Full Version : Diablo vs. NXG

TennsDog
07-03-2004, 02:46 PM
I am looking at trying/getting one of these two (both in midplus). They both seem to have good control and decent power. Those of you who have tried both, which do you suggest? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each?
I am a 4.5-4.5 baseline player with lots of spin and power. My serve is the most important part of my game followed by forehand. Volleying is also important in a racket too.

Shane Reynolds
07-04-2004, 04:47 AM
If you need a "crisp" response as part of your game, you should give a hard look at the NXG. The Diablo has a very soft feel that can be unnerving at first. You'll either like it or you won't but so far most like it. It's a fantastic stick in both head sizes.

WilsonPSSurgeX
07-04-2004, 07:20 AM
The diablo is better than the NXG by far it has so much better control and power. in both sizes. when i demoed it was fun to serve with and to hit deep groundstrokes. I really didnt get a chance to hit with it at the net that much but volleys were ok.

womackD
07-04-2004, 07:24 AM
I hated the Diablo Midplus. Very uncomfortable, alot stiffer than the stats suggest, unstable.

rondallrp
07-05-2004, 05:57 PM
I respectfully disagree with womackD. The Diablo MP is the opposite of stiff. I demoed both the NXG and Diablo in the MP size.

The big difference between the two is the NXG is stiffer, a little more power and slightly heavier. Both are comfortable to hit with. Both have loads of spin potential.

The NXG has the air handle which I found to be comfortable without losing to much feel.

I went with the Diablo MP but they are both worth looking at.

Good Luck

!<-_->!
07-05-2004, 06:07 PM
I've tried both, although the Diablo was the mid, so this may not help. I found the Diablo mid to be stiffer than the NXG MP. I felt that the NXG MP was better than the Diablo Mid, although neither of them were that great. For the NXG, there was a lot of power, so I had to put a lot more topspin on my shots. The Diablo for me was horrible at basically everything. Couldn't serve well or hit groundstrokes with it. Didn't have much experience at net with the Diablo at net, so can't comment. The NXG was decent at net, not spectacular. If it's any importance, my regular frame is a HPS 6.1 with 16 inches of lead split at 3 and 9.