PDA

View Full Version : Roger is ready

Snooker
05-27-2006, 08:05 AM
Tony Roche has given an interview and seems to be very optimistic. :)

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2006-05-27/200605271148724507130.html

Ammo
05-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Unfortunetly (for Fed,) Nadal should also be ready too.I think the odds are still against fed since he has a tougher draw. BTW, I'm so ****ed that in Canada the French open is shown at 5:00 AM eastern for most of the rounds! the other rounds are also shown at times wen I'm at school!:|

Dan007
05-27-2006, 09:07 AM
Unfortunetly (for Fed,) Nadal should also be ready too.I think the odds are still against fed since he has a tougher draw. BTW, I'm so ****ed that in Canada the French open is shown at 5:00 AM eastern for most of the rounds! the other rounds are also shown at times wen I'm at school!:|

Same here. I can wake up at 5 am in the morning at watch it till 8 am till I have to go to school, but I'm too lazy.

dh003i
05-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Good, Nadal is ready. This means they'll both meet in the finals, and if Federer wins, it will be a triple-crown accomplishment (beat Nadal, win FO, and obtain career grand slam).

Oh, and if Federer wins the FO, it's almost 100% certain that he will win 5 slams in a row (Wimbledon, US, Australlian, French, Wimbledon), and he has a very good chance of getting a true grand slam by winning the US Open after the Wimbledon.

Turning Pro
05-27-2006, 10:28 AM
Fed is ready for his 4 set humbling by Nadal.

dh003i
05-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Turning Pro,

You are a moron. No-one who actually knows what they're talking about -- that is, Rod Laver, Sampras, and numerous ex-players and coaches -- is downplaying Federer's chance of triump at the French Open this year.

If Roger wins the FO this year, he'll already be considered the greatest ever by many.

Some Nadal fans are such dimwits; its as if they're in a fog, and the 5-hour match at Rome didn't happen.

Reality check: Roger has closed the gap between him and Nadal on clay.

ACE of Hearts
05-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Roger is not thinking about a Nadal matchup yet, he is cocentrating on the early rounds which is nice to hear.

Saito
05-27-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm just pumped to see a good final. They've both got there rest in and I'm sure they are more than prepared to see each other in the finals.

Turning Pro
05-27-2006, 12:46 PM
Turning Pro,

You are a moron. No-one who actually knows what they're talking about -- that is, Rod Laver, Sampras, and numerous ex-players and coaches -- is downplaying Federer's chance of triump at the French Open this year.

If Roger wins the FO this year, he'll already be considered the greatest ever by many.

Some Nadal fans are such dimwits; its as if they're in a fog, and the 5-hour match at Rome didn't happen.

Did your dad beat you when you was a kid?You sound like a sexually fustrated 30 year old virgin now pike down nerd.

Keep crying about your idol 8)

tonysk83
05-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Wow dude, you are an idiot.

dh003i
05-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Turning Pro,

Ha, the last resort of a moron who has no logical arguments.

Snooker
05-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Roger is not thinking about a Nadal matchup yet, he is cocentrating on the early rounds which is nice to hear.
I agree with you. That's what great champions are about. They just concentrate on the next match and leave the drivel to others. :cool:

Docalex007
05-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Tony Roche has given an interview and seems to be very optimistic. :)

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2006-05-27/200605271148724507130.html

That's good to hear, thanks. Roger is a focused man, it's Grand Slam time. This is no Masters Event, Roger knows what he must do to win, watch....just.....watch.

Turning Pro
05-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Turning Pro,

Hi i'm a ********

Turning Pro>dh003i at tennis

superman1
05-27-2006, 04:40 PM
Hopefully Fed can win it. Somehow I think this year will be the toughest year for him to win it, but he will have the best chance. If that makes sense...

Count Grishnackh
05-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Turning Pro,

The Fed fans are the idiots. They're acting as if they are the ones winning when its their guy that's lost 5 times in 6 match ups. I know, Fed was close to winning, yeah well Nadal was close to winning in Miami last year, it cancels each other out. Somehow, the Fed fans never mention that. Remember, the French is SLOWER than Rome, so you cocky fans can shut your traps unless he wins. Until then, put up or shut up!

PS: Reality check, Nadal has lost once and luckily for Fed that day. 5-1 Nadal, until that changes keep pretending that your guy will win the French. Keep dreaming.

dh003i
05-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Count ******,

Hi asshat. Hmm...Rod Laver, McEnroe, Sampras, Wilander, and all of the all-time greats think Roger can win the French this year. No coach or former-player contacted was prepared to downplay Federer's chance of winning the French. Sure, Nadal's the favorite, but Federer has a very good chance to knock him out. Let me put it this way, moron: Federer has a good chance (40-50%) of beating Nadal at the French Open this year; Nadal isn't a favorite at FO like Federer's a favorite at the Wimbledon with a near-100% chance of winning.

Are you one of the all-time great tennis players like Rod Laver? No? I didn't think so. So shut the **** up, your opinion doesn't mean ****.

dh003i
05-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Count ******,

Oh yea, also, Federer fans aren't the one's saying crazy things like, "Nadal will win the Wimbledon this year and obtain a grand slam".

arosen
05-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Seems like few people here realize how far both Fed and Rafa are from the final. They are 6 matches removed, best of 5, slow surface, anything can happen. Fed got whopped by Guga in 2004, he looked like a junior in that match.

dh003i
05-27-2006, 05:48 PM
arosen,

Fair enough, either could lose before the final. But Federer is alot better on clay this year than he was last year on clay.

They're the over-whelming favorites by just about everyone you ask to get to the finals.

HollerOne5
05-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Seems like few people here realize how far both Fed and Rafa are from the final. They are 6 matches removed, best of 5, slow surface, anything can happen. Fed got whopped by Guga in 2004, he looked like a junior in that match.

Thank you....can't we just stay in the present and you two losers can argue about this in 2 weeks when we finally know the outcome of the French Open. Some of us real tennis fans (who don't just count on their favorite player to win and actually enjoy all of the matchups throughout the 2 weeks) have other things to worry about then if Federer wins he will be the greatest ever already and will win 5 slams in a row (because I mean Wimbledon is a lock right?) and blah blah blah. Or that Nadal is unbeatable....please...I'm sick of this, is everyone that talks about Federer and Nadal on here 5 years old?

Let's just wait and see what happens shall we.

BTW, dh0003i, your comments are the most absurd. You think that just because Laver and other greats think Federer can win the French means he is going to do it? Please, most everyone in the world thinks he is capable of doing it, and he probably will assuming Nadal loses before the final. But...well, lets just see....

lucky leprechaun
05-27-2006, 10:41 PM
LoL guys, nadal has said federer can beat him anytime anywhere on any surface. Federer for his part says nadal is the heavy heavy favorite on clay. Stop living vicariously through these guys like whether *they* win or lose to each other *you* will lose your manhood or womanhood or something :mrgreen:

artworks
05-27-2006, 11:58 PM
dh003i,

It would be better for you to refrain from further commenting at this stage.

Commentators and expectators do not win the game. It's results that count!

Instead, try comparing Federer's record to the rest of the ATP tour players (but Nadal). In that case you will have a good argument.

:mrgreen:

zhuk
05-28-2006, 03:36 AM

Finally, a voice of reason. The odds are at least one of them will NOT make the final. My guess it will be Fed, out before the semis.
The wuss is up for another enema. :cool: