PDA

View Full Version : Footwork

ramseszerg
05-27-2006, 10:04 AM
I just played this girl in a league match and... let me just say, I never saw so many winners in my entire life. She just had that shotmaking ability, and I just wish I could have gotten to more of them. Help me get good footwork and speed plz. Splitstepping isnt my second nature and when I run to cover winners my feet make thumping sounds instead of nice steps..

Pomeranian
05-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Look for "footwork" or "speed" with the search button in the health/fitness area. It's up to you do do training for yourself. We can't force you to split step, just remember to do it right before you opponent hits the ball. You want to get to the ball quickly but when you get close to the ball you want to start taking more percise, controlled, small steps.

She shouldn't be able to hit so many winners unless she's at a different level. In either case work on making your shots less attackable.

ramseszerg
05-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Thanks. When you're shuffling back to the centre, are you supposed to crossover or no?

BeachTennis
05-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey the secret to the foot work is to have fun.

Jump the rope . Lots of jump rope.

Disco ! The club ! Lots of dancing.

Play some Hoops. Just go out and shot and rebound!

Run the lines

time your split step when the player drops there eyes to hit the shot, then and there is the time to split step aka FLEX step ! Get ready to rock any where and every where !

ramseszerg
05-27-2006, 07:43 PM
"time your split step when the player drops there eyes to hit the shot, then and there is the time to split step aka FLEX step ! Get ready to rock any where and every where !"
Im sure you are more knowledgeable than I am. But if you are going to give advice be ready to explain well in detail please. That doesnt make the slightest sense.
That plus I am really good at jumping ropes, I own pretty much everyone in my high school gym but it doesnt translate well to tennis as you can see, I have 3.5 footwork.