PDA

View Full Version : Any1 tried the Adidas ClimaCool Feather II on Hard Court?

Andre AKA Nadal's Son
05-27-2006, 03:41 PM
how did it feel?

BaseLineBash
05-27-2006, 05:40 PM
Andre Agassi and Martina Hingis. I'm getting ready to get a pair, the durability can't be any worse compared to the S2 or Vapor Speeds. They're supposed to feel great and light from what I've read on TT.

10sstringman
05-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Any1 tried using the search button?

BaseLineBash
05-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Any1 tried using the search button?
Damn the search button, if we used the search button all the time we'd have nothing to talk about.

Andre AKA Nadal's Son
05-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Damn the search button, if we used the search button all the time we'd have nothing to talk about.
lol good point(y)

bigbanger
05-27-2006, 07:43 PM
how did it feel?
I've been wearing the Feathers on hard courts for a while and they feel pretty good. They've held up to hardcourt play better than I expected, given that the sole is a bit soft. The shoes are very light and breathable, but not the last word in cushioning, particularly in the forefoot. I think the lack of cushioning relative to shoes like the Barricades are why many people think of them as a clay court shoe. I do find the cushioning adequate and worth the weight tradeoff, but others might differ in their opinions. I also have a pair of ClimaCool Ultimate IIIs that I use as alternates. The Ultimates have more cushioning, but are narrower in the forefoot and not quite as comfortable for me as the Feathers. Both shoes breathe very well and are extremely lightweight. If you don't find the cushioning adequate for every-day use, one way to go is to use the Ultimate IIIs as a training shoe and save the Feathers for matches. Just my 2 cents...

DRtenniS1112
05-27-2006, 07:43 PM
I'm using them right now actually. They hold up way better than people say. I have had hardly any wear on them after 2 months and i play hard 5 times a week. They do however, lack a bit of cushioning as opposed to my old Barricade III's but they are so maneuverable that i absolutely love them.

BaseLineBash
05-30-2006, 02:27 AM
I just noticed something, on the CC Feather II description, no where does it say its a clay-court shoe for men, just that it's a popular choice during the clay-court season. Also, the womens Feather says nothing about clay at all and it has the same sole.

bigbanger
06-02-2006, 01:27 PM
I just noticed something, on the CC Feather II description, no where does it say its a clay-court shoe for men, just that it's a popular choice during the clay-court season. Also, the womens Feather says nothing about clay at all and it has the same sole.

That's true, Adidas does not market the shoe as a clay court shoe. As I mentioned in my post above, the Feathers seem to have a reputation as a clay court shoe simply because they lack the same level of cushioning as "hard court" shoes like the Barricades.

BaseLineBash
06-02-2006, 05:27 PM
So anyways, UPS delivered mine yesterday(Blk/wht colorway), but I haven't had a chance to play in them due to the rain in my area. First impressions, this of course is a very light shoe and the fit will be great for medium wide feet( average foot). Also, you might be able to tell from the picture, but the middle stripe of the adidas three is a strap that can be tightened for fit. For me the shoe sole feels stiff, but I am retiring a pair of worn out BFII's so thats to be expected. Another thing that might mislead someone to think the sole is too low to the ground is the pictures of the inner sole of the shoe, the foot bed is well above the sole of the shoe, very hard rubber and great tread pattern. I will post after I wear on hard-court. VERY happy so far with this shoe.

DRtenniS1112
06-02-2006, 06:03 PM
I'm sure you will continue to be. I have found these shoes to be the best in performance that i've ever worn. Also they are a good looking shoe. They seem to hold up very well also. ENJOY!!!

BaseLineBash
06-02-2006, 07:32 PM
I just discovered something else with the ventilation of the CC Feather II. There is litterally a hole in the middle of the sole with a screen and the insole has a perforations to breath air in from bottom to top, not just side to side. Very cool feature!

DRtenniS1112
06-02-2006, 07:33 PM
I just discovered something else with the ventilation of the CC Feather II. There is litterally a hole in the middle of the sole with a screen and the insole has a perforations to breath air in from bottom to top, not just side to side. Very cool feature!
Yea you will literally feel air come up through the shoe and same with the sides when you step. It is such a nice feature during hot sticky weather.

bigbanger
06-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Yea you will literally feel air come up through the shoe and same with the sides when you step. It is such a nice feature during hot sticky weather.

The ClimaCool Ultimate IIIs have a similar feature. In fact there is a series of vents in the bottom of the CCUIII. Great for hot weather, but don't step in a puddle on the way to the courts :D

guedoguedo
06-02-2006, 09:52 PM
adidas makes good show. I used to not wear them because they have a high arch but maybe they changed

BaseLineBash
06-03-2006, 08:31 PM
So, I got to to play in them today. I found that they feel as if you have a sole attatched to your foot and thats it, no upper...very light. They seem to have more cushion than my BFII's, but less stability, more along the lines of the S2 and Vapors. GREAT traction and hard "adiWEAR 6" rubber outsole. Overall these are just my first impressions...I'm used to a worn out mangled pair of Nikes...you know how it is with new shoes. I really like them so far.

meh
06-03-2006, 08:38 PM
That's true, Adidas does not market the shoe as a clay court shoe. As I mentioned in my post above, the Feathers seem to have a reputation as a clay court shoe simply because they lack the same level of cushioning as "hard court" shoes like the Barricades.
Actually, when adidas set out the make the "ultimate tennis shoes" back in 2000, they planned to develop a hardcourt shoe, which resulted in the Equipment Barricade, as well as a claycourt shoe, the Feather. It may not have been marketed to the public as a claycourt shoe, but if you saw the slideshow on Barricade history, adidas designers clearly designated the Feather as their "ultimate claycourt shoe."

Micky
06-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Actually, when adidas set out the make the "ultimate tennis shoes" back in 2000, they planned to develop a hardcourt shoe, which resulted in the Equipment Barricade, as well as a claycourt shoe, the Feather. It may not have been marketed to the public as a claycourt shoe, but if you saw the slideshow on Barricade history, adidas designers clearly designated the Feather as their "ultimate claycourt shoe."

Hola meh,

Plus the gray with orange has the French Open logo on them.

Micky

dennis1188
06-05-2006, 02:00 AM
This season I hv been wearing the (lighter) adidas feather shoes during match play and the (heavier) B2s for practice. I did replace the adidas round laces w/ nike round laces because I get a much tighter and firm 'lace up' and fit with the nike laces than the original adidas laces.BTW i play 3-4 times a week approx 3 hours per session(HD courts). The feather outersoles are showing wear faster than the B2s. I hv also, replaced the original insoles w/ my own personal insoles.

BaseLineBash
06-08-2006, 10:41 PM
So anyways, I'm pleased with this shoe, performs well and looks awesome. I highly recommend it for those seeking S2 and Vapor Speed performance and lightness.

darkaug
06-09-2006, 01:27 AM
im not sure about this , but it seems that there is not much of a toe guard , which is important if you like to drag your feet around . but the shoe is nice and comfortable and has good ventilation . ;)

RichardMiller
06-09-2006, 03:23 AM
Really liking these on hardcourt. Changed to them recently from Nike BF III (the bubble popped) and then Nike BF II (lovely fit and feel, but again the bubble popped), then decided to go to another manufacturer (unsurprisingly!). Find the fit as good as the BF IIs, which I really liked, and most of the time I'm just not aware that I'm wearing them. They're standing up to the hardcourt pounding pretty well too. Don't find them any less stable than any other shoe I've worn.

Incidentally I'm 160lbs so not exactly breaking the scales. Maybe I just got unlucky getting two pairs of dud Nikes, but could also be that their quality isn't much good.

darkaug
06-09-2006, 10:32 AM
if u ask me , nike always didnt have good quality . my pair of nike shox aces lasted very little hours on court before the toe guard totally wore through .