PDA

View Full Version : Nadal writing for atp

Buuurnz
05-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Nadal is gonna do the blog for the atp page and his first one is tomorrow...!
Hopefully it's gonna be good...let's see and check it out...!

wyutani
05-27-2006, 03:32 PM
he can write english mate'??

malakas
05-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Propably he's is going to write it in English and then someone will translate it for him.Damn!I hope the winning streak of bloggers(robredo,ancic)doesn't continue...:(

Max G.
05-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Nadal writing the blog for the duration of the French Open?

...makes it a guaranteed win for him, the bloggers always seem to do well :)

malakas
05-27-2006, 03:52 PM
If they have Nadal do the blog for the French,that means that Roger will do it for the Wimby:D :D

ATXtennisaddict
05-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Would be interesting to read the blog.

superman1
05-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Should be great to see what he's thinking. And hopefully we'll be able to understand it!

arosen
05-27-2006, 05:54 PM
I hope he does it in spanish with someone translating. Kid is trying hard to learn English, but he is far from eloquence yet. Reading stuff like "Today was good, me happy to win, no?" would be disappointing, he is a bright kid and has plenty to say in Spanish.

superman1
05-27-2006, 06:07 PM
It would be me trying to write a blog in Spanish. "Hola. El match fue muy dificil, uh...y yo estoy bien. Soderling es muy dificil, no? Estoy contento....no?" I could have done better back in high school.

malakas
05-27-2006, 06:07 PM
I've read somewhere that also Robredo did his blog in Spanish but they translated it.Maybe Nadal's blog will start with him making history(with straight clay victories) and end with Roger makin history!:D :D :mrgreen:

Viper
05-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Today, I play tennis, no? I get up, and get bags, very heavy bags and bring them to tennis court. I play very very well, get lot of points, no? So after while, I get tired, cause running...all day. So after practice I take shower, very smelly, no? I can't wait to play more tennis, I'm very improved, no? Very good game, beat no. 1, player, very good.

Dan007
05-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Today, I play tennis, no? I get up, and get bags, very heavy bags and bring them to tennis court. I play very very well, get lot of points, no? So after while, I get tired, cause running...all day. So after practice I take shower, very smelly, no? I can't wait to play more tennis, I'm very improved, no? Very good game, beat no. 1, player, very good.

I'm a Nadal fan, but that is hella funny!!:) Seriously, if he was going to write his blog like this I would be laughing all day!!:mrgreen:

Dilettante
05-27-2006, 10:20 PM

Lol

Remember to say "unbelievable" four or five times, too.

VamosRafa
05-28-2006, 12:31 AM
The ATP will edit it, and I think you will be treated to the real Rafa, no?

superman1
05-28-2006, 12:44 AM
Was huge pression on me, first round French Open, is unbelievable, no? I very happy to get through.

artworks
05-28-2006, 02:29 AM

If the ATP will edit Rafa's blog. Then the fun is gone! :mrgreen:

nn
05-28-2006, 09:57 AM
that will be fun, no??

sureshs
05-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Rogelio read my blog, no? I no tell him what Toni uncle coaching me, no? Then he lose in 4 sets and call me names. But I just play better clay, no?

Count Grishnackh
05-28-2006, 10:06 AM
You gotta admit, he's a unique tennis personality. The pants and sleeveless shirt. Even casual tennis followers know who he is, some who don't even follow tennis do too. Even his way of speaking English is unique, I know he's just 19 and he's learning the ropes of the language. By the time he retires (around 30 I would think) he'll be speaking pretty good English, no? Great for the sport and it adds spice these days. The Fed fans are not too happy about it though. There's mutiny on these boards when he loses a match, tough fans. They should be from Philadelphia, they booed Santa Claus off the field. Fed loses 3 matches this year and they're crying "he needs to improve". God, telling Fed to improve is like telling Pavarotti to sing better.

wyutani
05-28-2006, 10:13 AM
You gotta admit, he's a unique tennis personality. The pants and sleeveless shirt. Even casual tennis followers know who he is, some who don't even follow tennis do too. Even his way of speaking English is unique, I know he's just 19 and he's learning the ropes of the language. By the time he retires (around 30 I would think) he'll be speaking pretty good English, no? Great for the sport and it adds spice these days. The Fed fans are not too happy about it though. There's mutiny on these boards when he loses a match, tough fans. They should be from Philadelphia, they booed Santa Claus off the field. Fed loses 3 matches this year and they're crying "he needs to improve". God, telling Fed to improve is like telling Pavarotti to sing better.

i feel your pain, my friend.

malakas
05-28-2006, 10:23 AM
His last entry: Today final..Lost...:mrgreen:

raftermania
05-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Hi, this Rafa logging on Raftas account, you make fun of me, no? You like me crush you beginner on tennis court, yes?

HookEmJeff
05-28-2006, 11:23 AM
The ATP is doing a good job letting us peek behind the curtain with these player blogs. To get Nadal during a French Open run is something special, no doubt. Kudos to the ATP, and to the players for doing these. Here's hoping Rafa lasts a long time inthe tournament so we can see what he has to say.

Jeff

malakas
05-28-2006, 12:46 PM
His first entry is out.What do you think of it?

malakas
05-28-2006, 12:54 PM
He says he likes Roger!?! Oh,come on!!

Matthew
05-28-2006, 03:05 PM
I dunno guys, you think Rafael really wrote this blog? Its pretty much just a summary of what he did... nothing to do with how he feels about things. I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone handling this for him. Bring back Tursunov!

Dan007
05-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Here's the blog

http://www.atptennis.com/en/blog/nadal.asp

ShooterMcMarco
05-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Hehe, he didn't say "no?" once in that entire blog :) he did a good job.

malakas
05-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Yeap.Not one single no...:shock: Come to think of it that is a bit suspicious....Hmmmm...:mrgreen:

Max G.
05-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Well, it could be that the lack of "no"s is just because he's writing and not speaking. Or because it's translated.

...it does seem like kind of a bland account, maybe he's having a publicity guy do it for him, I wouldn't be surprised.

bribeiro
05-28-2006, 04:15 PM
It is translated, theres no way he wrote that.

Saito
05-28-2006, 04:31 PM
It is translated, theres no way he wrote that.

:lol: X2

No way at all. I've read alot of his interviews and not one sounded like that blog. Totally translated. It's a good and bad thing I guess.

Count Grishnackh
05-28-2006, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I agree that it's a bit bland because it's translated into proper English. I suppose that they should print out the blog in his Spanish (so you can see his true personality and not edited either) and also have it in English for the non-Spanish speaking public out of convience. From reading the blog it looks like his whole world seems to be flying by so fast around him. It seems like he hasn't realized yet what he's accomplished, it's just part of a job and he goes home and that's it. The bliss of youth, also I believe his family keeps him grounded. He doesn't seem to believe the hype, also I don't think he realizes that Fed is just being polite to him just for perhaps PR purposes. Fed looks like he's tired of losing to him and he's created animosity as a result of it. Nadal doesn't see it, he still thinks Fed is cool with him, only on the surface it seems, deep down it might not be so friendly. It's natural to feel that, they're not close friends from childhood or something.

8PAQ
05-28-2006, 06:33 PM

That was priceless :D

8PAQ
05-28-2006, 06:36 PM
:lol: X2

No way at all. I've read alot of his interviews and not one sounded like that blog. Totally translated. It's a good and bad thing I guess.

Maybe uncle Tony coached him. It is allowed while writing an official ATP blog, no?

superman1
05-28-2006, 08:48 PM
When I read the first sentence, "I'm looking forward to writing the blog to be simultaneously posted at ATPtennis.com and on my home page," I knew we were getting the overly articulate Nadal, translated by the guy that played the Architect in Matrix Reloaded. "Ergo, the blog will be simultaneously posted at the following locations."

But it turned out okay. He seems well grounded and doesn't fully realize that he is also one of those famous athletes that he was remarking about.

ShooterMcMarco
05-28-2006, 09:45 PM
architect...superman lol.

If Nadal were to sit down and do it himself, I'm pretty sure this thread would be 10 pages long with people ripping him. Its a good thing hes got the translator hehe.

artworks
05-28-2006, 10:03 PM
I'm sure Federer excitedly follows the blog of Nadal. :mrgreen:

superman1
05-28-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm sure they'll get him for Wimbledon.

sureshs
05-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Do these guys get paid by the ATP for the blog?

superman1
05-28-2006, 10:20 PM
"Here's your $1.1 million check for winning the tournament. And here's $9.95 for your blog services at our website."

sureshs
05-28-2006, 10:21 PM
"Here's your $1.1 million check for winning the tournament. And here's $9.95 for your blog services at our website."

Hey blogs are big business these days

Dilettante
05-28-2006, 11:06 PM
I if I was a pro player and I was asked to write a blog, I would write it in Spanish to be translated later.

My spoken English is not much better than Nadal's (you guys would think that I'm completely dumb...no?), and even in written English I can't express everything that I want to, so I would write in Spanish for sure.

Although I think a Nadal's blog written directly in English would be very funny, even for me as a Spaniard.

Dilettante
05-28-2006, 11:10 PM
Dude, wait a moment:

I chatted with Spanish golf legend Seve Ballesteros, Spanish cycling legend Miguel Indurain, famous model Valeria Mazza and Spanish actress Elsa Pataky.

So... he's not that dumb.

FEDEXP
05-28-2006, 11:41 PM
He didn't write it in English or Spanish....

malakas
05-29-2006, 05:32 AM
Robredo said in an interview that a girl from the ATP is typing his blog onsite as he's talking to her or else they phone an ATP guy in the US and he types what Tommy says.So I think Nadal does it the same way.;)
Here is the link to Robredo's interview.http://dtb-tennis.rent-a-cluster.net/livescoring/pc/html/pc,Tommy_Robredo,20,35.html

Double G
05-29-2006, 06:18 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha

Buuurnz
05-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Nadal's blog is sooooo boring no doubt...!I would have enjoyed it much more if he wrote it by himelf....No doubt his English aint the best, but in my eyes this would make it much more interesting and enjoyable, and not because I would laugh about his English cuz I think he is trying pretty hard to learn it!

croatian sensation
05-29-2006, 01:01 PM
He says he likes Roger!?! Oh,come on!!

So now Nadal should be hating Roger? And why exactly? Maybe cause Roger has a winning streak on him? :rolleyes:

Do you know them both personally? Have u ever been #2 on ATP list and had #1 in front of you by 2456 points so you know how that feels and how much you dislike him? Are you Nadal?

Why on Earth couldn't it be possible that he likes Fed off court (or at least liked him..before the "Toni was coaching" whining 2 weeks ago) ?

croatian sensation
05-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Nadal's blog is sooooo boring no doubt...!I would have enjoyed it much more if he wrote it by himelf....No doubt his English aint the best, but in my eyes this would make it much more interesting and enjoyable, and not because I would laugh about his English cuz I think he is trying pretty hard to learn it!

All blogs would be more interesting if the players wrote them by themselves. Cause very few can lead a decent conversation in English,let alone spell.

But I agree..it's kinda boring. (Still, it's an action movie compared to Mario Ancic's blog...that was more boring than a Fed Cup match :mrgreen: )
Tursunov scr*wed it for all of them who'll be writing it after him :)

Andres
05-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Tursunov scr*wed it for all of them who'll be writing it after him :)
Exactly! They should quit all bloggers after Tursunov's! Thomas Johansson said it perfectly: "How are we going to top that!!??"

:D

malakas
05-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Croatian sensation,I just think that is highely unlikely that with the level of competition of the tour and their recent passionate matches, there is room for friendship or even...fondness(how you say it when they like eachother?) to develop.If they had grown up together or they had get to know each other well before this "rivalry" kind of thing then maybe I would think that Nadal was telling the truth...I just think that Nadal was trying to be maybe.. polite?And if there was no issue of rivalry between the two of them,then why bother mention Federer in his first blog??Furthermore this entry was written after the uncle Toni inciddent(sp?)..

Well,anyway this is my personal opinion.

Tennis_Goodness
05-29-2006, 01:48 PM
You can't help but mentioned Federer. He's the King of Tennis!

malakas
05-29-2006, 01:53 PM
Maybe mention but the way he put it in the text it seemed a bit suspicious to me.Like it was.. forced..:confused: BUT,perhaps I'm being a bit paranoid here..:mrgreen: Anyway,I honestly do not believe that Nadal likes Federer.And vice versa of course.

croatian sensation
05-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Well could be (I'm out of my b*tchy mode now LOL) that you'e right there malakas. But I also think they don't exactly hate each other. Especially Rafa "hating" Fed.
But it could be the 3rd case..that maybe Rafa mentioned Fed in a good way, and then the person typing it just wrote it in a stupid sentence like "l like Fed very much" which had nothing much to do with the text following it. And that's why it seems so fake.
We'll never know I guess.

Matthew
05-29-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm sure that Nadal would also remember to plug his website at the end of the blog...

:rolleyes:

Congrats to him breaking the record though. I didn't expect there to be a ceremony or anything...

malakas
05-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Well I hope though that's the only record to break.;) I visited a site of his fans just out of curiosity and there are some..really obsessed people posting there.They are planning visiting his blog all the time,so that he will also break Tursunov's record for most succesfull blog..:lol:They are crazy!!!!:D

artworks
05-29-2006, 08:37 PM
"For me is special because I saw 54 victories is very difficult. Very, very difficult". "A lot of tournaments, a lot of matches. Is not normal because one day you can have bad luck, anything. It's very difficult. I am very happy for that. It is important for me to be in the history."

:mrgreen:

malakas
05-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Lol!!:D But you forgot to put "no?" :mrgreen:

artworks
05-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Maybe mention but the way he put it in the text it seemed a bit suspicious to me.Like it was.. forced..:confused: BUT,perhaps I'm being a bit paranoid here..:mrgreen: Anyway,I honestly do not believe that Nadal likes Federer.And vice versa of course.

You are paranoid. NOT PERHAPS A BIT.

Memorize this:

Nadal likes to beat Federer.
Federer hates Nadal cause he's screwing his Tennis Legacy.

malakas
05-29-2006, 08:51 PM
:) You are absolute right..But what I know..Should stick to the blog,no?Nadal says he likes Fed,no?;)

artworks
05-29-2006, 09:04 PM
:) You are absolute right..But what I know..Should stick to the blog,no?Nadal says he likes Fed,no?;)

Since you started, "you know", to give a piece of,"you know", your thought, "you know", I have followed your lead, "you know". :mrgreen:

malakas
05-29-2006, 09:09 PM
He,he,he...:D You have read all the posts,no?It was croation sensation who asked me of my thoughts,no?You know that?No?;)

He,he..Peace with the newbie..rookie,no?:mrgreen:

LANA
06-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Congrats to Nadal!
I don`t understand the opssesion to guess do Nadal and Roger like each other or not.
Come on, they are both professional tennis players, so that`s the most important thing about them......what game they can play it`s unbelieveble.....

Today`s match against Matheu was so good, maybe the best on this tournament by now........:D
Nadal, go easy with bananas.........they are dangerous.........;)

malakas
06-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Congrats to Nadal!
INadal, go easy with bananas.........they are dangerous.........;)

HAHAHA!!!:D :D

exruda
06-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Finally!
Fresh from the blog:

It's now a lot of days that I've been writing, no?

The guy has been reading the forums!

Hi all

tennis_nerd22
06-06-2006, 03:03 PM
lmao i'd laugh if he had been reading the forums... :D

wait a second, thats... weird... :|