PDA

View Full Version : which racquet should i demo??

thebeast
07-03-2004, 05:35 PM
Hello

I am looking to switch racquets from a prince precision response ti. Mainly because they are 4-5 years old, kind of beat up, and discontinued. I'd also like something with a little more heft to it. I tried adding a lead tape, but found that it messed up the balance and feel and hurt more than helped.

I am probably like 5.0. I'm a solid older junior player with a all court/serve volley game. I have a one handed backhand. I find that a heavier racquet "feels" a lot better to swing with a one hander. Also, i find returning a little better with heavier racquets.

All suggestions welcome on what you think i should try. I have hit with some frames, but not all.

thanks

thebeast
07-04-2004, 02:31 PM
Also, can anyone comment on the TW demo program? It seems like most people have had a good experience.

rondallrp
07-04-2004, 07:08 PM
I used the demo program. Worked well. Best to get 2 to 4 at a time. Saves on shipping. Racquets got here pretty quick. You get the whole week to test them.

Returning the racquet was easy. Just put em in the box, tape it up, put the already addressed label they supply you with and drop it off at the local UPS.

Only drawback is you don't chose the string type or tension. But that would be impossible to manage on there part. Limited handel sizes also. I would recommend it to anyone.

Helps to do some research to narrow it down to a few racquets first. It can add up if you keep ordering demos.

Good Luck

Steve Huff
07-04-2004, 08:51 PM
I'd try the NXGraphite Mid and MP. I'd try the Yonex 500. I'd try the Head Instinct.

thebeast
07-05-2004, 09:53 AM
i hit with the nxg around christmas and didn't like the feel. It's weird. The smaller size is better, but i think there are better racquets(like the one i am currently using).