PDA

View Full Version : yonex rd ti50

syntex1
07-03-2004, 06:04 PM
hey my local sports store has a huge stock of these left over and their going really cheap are they a good racquet?
i was out of the game for a few years and never really heard anything about the rd ti 50, i used a rd tour 95 before i stoped.

NLBwell
07-03-2004, 07:48 PM
The RD ti 50 is a pretty good stick. It has very good spin, very good feel, and low power. It feels like it is torsionally a noodle, but many posts at the time the racket was new describe how much better the racket played with lead tape at 3 and 9. It seems the lead tape is necessary, but many people liked them a lot with the lead in place. Maybe the archives go back far enough for you to check the posts.

Ronaldo
07-03-2004, 08:22 PM
If you used the RD Tour, then try the Ti-50

SamBruin
07-06-2004, 01:23 AM
I tried that racket once and it was decent. The 4-1/4 grip size was a bit too light for me so I think the racket felt kind of whippy but I think I would have really liked the 4-3/8. Also the power was really low so many of my shots were short. The positives were that it was very comfy due to its flex and provided excellent touch and control. You should buy one since they're inexpensive at that store and see if you like it. BTW, which store is it and how much?

andirez
07-06-2004, 02:48 AM
I played with them for about a year. Although they have a flex rating of only 59 at the shaft, they do have a stiffer upperhoop. I agree that lead tape at 3 and 9 o'clock was advisable for torsional stability, I also needed it for extra power. Overall it is a very nice frame with very low power and plenty of control, so if you can provide your own power, go for it and try it out!

BTW. The RD Ti-50 is more or less the successor of the SRD Tour 95.
Here is the TW review:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/RD50/RD50Review.html

TopSpinner
07-06-2004, 07:40 AM
syntex1,

I would love to get couple of these in 4 1/4 or 4 3/8. Could you give me the price and phone # of the place that sells this? You can email it to me at shinsoft@hotmail.com.

Thank you.

syntex1
07-06-2004, 05:01 PM
heyu guys im in australia and the sports store here is called sportsmart its 99au so about 70 us its cheap considering we pay 340+ au for the new yonex racquets.
It's probably way cheaper to get them of **** or stores there.