PDA

View Full Version : trick shot

retroceso
05-28-2006, 11:56 AM
well did anyone see what hardfield did in his game with federer? where he tried to trick federer and he did a back hand and faked it then did a shot between his legs?

how do you guys do that shot between your legs when your back is facing the net? ive tried but had many close calls

theartoftennis
05-28-2006, 01:21 PM
I've never actually tried this shot before, but I would imagine creating a cup with your other hand just in case.

Andres
05-28-2006, 01:26 PM
He didn't faked the backhand, he missed it :)
But the move was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :D

eLterrible
05-28-2006, 01:34 PM
use an eastern backhand grip and hit the ball when it's super low.

VERY CAREFULLY if you're a guy. (i've never had the guts to fully commit to this shot)

retroceso
05-28-2006, 03:30 PM
ill take theartoftennis advice and go with the hand cup

Rep. Timothy Calhoun
05-28-2006, 06:24 PM

VERY CAREFULLY if you're a guy. (i've never had the guts to fully commit to this shot)Yeah, you could end up hitting the wrong ball.

porchdoor
05-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Yeah, you could end up hitting the wrong ball.

once i hit my tennis partner in the nut. he threw his racquet at me.

chrisplchs
05-28-2006, 09:01 PM
i think it is called the "sabatweeny" after Gabriela Sabatinni who was quite good at the shot

Andres
05-28-2006, 09:01 PM
once i hit my tennis partner in the nut. he threw his racquet at me.
May I ask HOWWW!!!???

porchdoor
05-28-2006, 09:24 PM
May I ask HOWWW!!!???

we were practicing (as singles with each other) and i smashed into his nut.

Freedom
05-28-2006, 10:58 PM
i think it is called the "sabatweeny" after Gabriela Sabatinni who was quite good at the shot

It is indeed called the "Sabatweeny". However, I call it the Tweener.

I've never really come close to racking myself. You just have to get down low so you can spread your legs wide without falling. Your shins are in much more danger than anything else.

snoflewis
05-28-2006, 11:06 PM
does anyone have a video clip of that shot?

retroceso
05-28-2006, 11:08 PM
we were practicing (as singles with each other) and i smashed into his nut.

AAHAHAAHHAHAAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAH you have very good aim

retroceso
05-28-2006, 11:15 PM
does anyone have a video clip of that shot?

i doubt it cause it just aired today, you should watch tomorrow, they might have highlights

siber222000
05-28-2006, 11:26 PM
lol this topic reminds me of the qualifier federer played against today in 1st round french open, he faked two handed backhand and then used a between leg shot.. it was TIGHT (if anyone remembers it)

Andres
05-29-2006, 12:51 AM
lol this topic reminds me of the qualifier federer played against today in 1st round french open, he faked two handed backhand and then used a between leg shot.. it was TIGHT (if anyone remembers it)
This topic TALKS about THAT SAME qualifier, and THAT SAME two handed backhand... :rolleyes:

snoflewis
05-29-2006, 01:02 AM

that's exactly what this topic is on....

if you're being sarcastic...my bad.

retroceso
05-29-2006, 10:50 AM
ahahahahah

brucie
05-29-2006, 02:04 PM

VERY CAREFULLY if you're a guy. (i've never had the guts to fully commit to this shot)
Yes ALSO:
I love doing this, even as a guy you must ensure you get right over the ball and that its already between the legs, you can also jump up and/ or lift up left legs to be able to hit it hard without hitting yourself hard i first learnt it in badminton as you have moretime and the shuttle hangs in the air longer!

Once you play the shot run for the net to return the inevitable drop volley like fed did!