PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy racquet (LM prestige) after one demo?

eahlers
07-03-2004, 07:34 PM
Today me and a friend played tennis. He did not have his racquet and he likes mine so I went to the pro shop to get a demo racquet so we could play. I demoed the LM Prestige and we played for two hours. This was by far the best racquet I ever tried, I played much better than I do with my normal 300g. I am going to camp on Tuesday and I will be playing a lot of tennis. I planned on getting a new racquet when I got back, but I feel like the prestige is the perfect racquet. I have enough money to buy it, but it is very expensive. Does anyone think that I should buy it or maybe recommend a very similar racquet that I can demo tomorrow because I think that I might have trouble using my 300g knowing that I can play much better with something else.
Thanks

NLBwell
07-03-2004, 07:55 PM
Better than no demo, not as good as more demos. If you feel like you can use it, it is a top quality racket. Kind of like "nobody got fired for picking IBM." Did you play a match? When I have played with the various incarnations of prestiges, they always felt good to me, but I didn't win with them.

rooski
07-04-2004, 04:43 AM
I say demo it some more before taking the jump. You don't say how old you are or your level/style of play so it's hard for anyone to give you decent advice on rackets. Play some matches with it and see how it feels in the third set. The LM Prestige is a LOT heavier than the feather weight 300g.

The LM Prestige is a great feeling racket with low power. I bought a couple a while back and after a honeymoon period, I ended up going back to my previous racket. The top of the hoop was just to floppy for me but there are a lot of ppl that like it.

eahlers
07-04-2004, 06:55 AM
I'm fifteen, a play all court tennis and my 300g is weighted so it is only .2 ounces less than the prestige, I am going to try it again today to see if it works just as well as it did yesterday.

rooski
07-04-2004, 10:01 AM
So you have a full ounce of lead on that 300G (even more if you are talking about the LM Pres mid)???? That's pretty dramatic customization. I tend buy frames that are at least close to where I want them to be, otherwise it's really easy to screw up the balance and make the racket feel wierd.

Also, you might also want to demo a 200G as well. It is reasonably close to the Prestige (same pattern/weight) but with a familiar grip shape for you. Head grips are strange for some people.

eahlers
07-04-2004, 10:23 AM
I played with the prestige again (mp) this morning. I clearly played better with the prestige than I did with the 300g. Tomarrow I might be able to demo one or two more racquets. I tried the 200g before and I didnt like how it played.

Pyro
07-04-2004, 10:26 AM
try the ncode 90 or 95, I was about to buy the lm prestige and then i tried ncode and I thought it was better