PDA

View Full Version : Ball Machines: SP vs. Playmate Portable

JerodT
05-28-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm getting ready to purchasea ball machine. Anyone have any experience with either of the two machine- Silent Partner Pro or the Playmate Portable.

One of the indoor courts I play has a large playmate and it sems really sturdy. I am 98% sure that I'm getting a SP e.Stringer DG. Don't know if I can justify the extra $500 for the ARIA.

Any advice or comments is appreciated.

Jerod

vkartikv
05-28-2006, 06:02 PM
Do you think it is worth the investment if your local court already has it? Have you thought about the membership fees vs. one time installment issue?

skraggle
05-28-2006, 09:04 PM
I have the entry-level Silent Partner. Getting it was one of the best tennis decisions I've ever made. Granted, I have a tennis court 100 feet from my front dooor, so that makes it a lot more convenient than having to put it in the car.

With it, I can practice what I want when I want. I had a small issue with the firs SP I got, but their customer service stepped up big time. So I couldn't be happier with my decision...

One word of advice: avoid Dunlop balls, as the only time my machine has ever jammed is when I put some stray Dunlops in it. With only Penns, it's totally solid.

Hope that helps!

JerodT
05-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Skraggle-

Thanks for the info. That does help. I'm prety sure I'm going to get one. I was sold on the SP until I came across the Playmate Portable. I'm looking for the ability to hit when I want to hit, how I want to hit. I've been doing to much "match-play" practice. I keep hitting the same shots wrong and need to work on certain shots.