PDA

View Full Version : Crack on my Nsix Tour, what can I do about it?

kninetik
07-03-2004, 08:33 PM
After hitting with my Nsixone Tour, I decided to inspect my racquets for any chips, scratches, etc to admire its condition when I noticed what looked like a piece of my hair on it. Upon further inspection, it was not what I was hoping it to be.

I believe I have a small inch long crack on the upper shaft area. on one side only. However, it is very thin, and only noticable with close visual inspection. Is this something I should be fretting about, something that will eventually break it down and snap my racquet in two? Anything I can do about it?

perfmode
07-03-2004, 08:48 PM
How the f did you crack it already?

kninetik
07-03-2004, 08:49 PM
I dont know!!! I dont smash it on the floor, I rim the ball sometimes on the 3 and 9 areas and only hit the throat once on a horrible slice attempt. Hey perf, how the f do you break strings so fast? :P

perfmode
07-03-2004, 08:54 PM
Cuz I got more game than Milton Bradley...

I've been playing for 6 years and I've never cracked or broken a frame but I've gone through miles upon miles of string.

TripleThreatPlayer
07-03-2004, 08:57 PM
I have a similar problem with my Wilson Pro Staff Surge. I'm not sure if it was a manufacturer defect, or because it was a demo before I bought it (Although it was pretty darn close to new). The small hairline crack is located at the bridge between the strings and the throat. I haven't really noticed any crazy vibrations or anything...yet

!<-_->!
07-03-2004, 09:41 PM
You should probably send it back to Wilson. You paid good money for that racquet and you should not have to deal with a crack, no matter how minor it may be. Wilson has pretty good service with replacing racquets, so they'll probably replace it, although it may a month or two depending. Regardless, I think you should tried to get it replaced.

rooski
07-04-2004, 04:56 AM
Could it be a paint flaw?

WilsonPSSurgeX
07-04-2004, 07:26 AM
send it back to wilson and they get you a new one it depends on where you bought it because some stores have like only 90 day warrantys like 2 years ago i got wilson hyper hammer 4.0 and 8 months later i had a crack in it. So i took it to a pro shop that has a one year warranty and all i had to do was pay 10 dollars and they sent it to wilson and they sent me a new racquet just include the receit and stuff.

kninetik
07-04-2004, 07:33 AM
If its a paint flaw, they did a real good job making me worry. Is there a way I can contact Wilson directly and talk to them via email or whatever means of communication?

lelopez
07-04-2004, 10:27 AM
kninetik,

I'm having a similar problem with my nCode Tour 90. I noticed a "crack" about the same length on the silver "W" of the Wilson name coming down the throat of the racquet. It is actually near the grommet area.

I'm a little concerned, but looking at it, it looks like a paint flaw. However, I'm going to take a high quality pic of it and send it to the guys at Wilson to see what they recommend.

Yes you can contact Wilson through their website.....there is a link that says "ask Wilson".....follow it and make sure you specify "tennis" as your sport and "performance racquets". Let me know once you've contacted them what they've told you (email lester_s_lopez@yahoo.com) and I'll do the same once I've sent them the picture of my racquet flaw.

good luck,
Lester

Keensta
07-04-2004, 11:50 AM
yo perfmode, i'm the dude who was trying to sell my 3 POGs and bag to u..i was Geroge, remember?? i was just wondering if u were still interested in purchasing them. i sent u the pics of my raquets, but i lost ur e-mail adress, so i couldn't e-mail u back. SORRY ABOUT THE OFF TOPIC GUYS..it was the only thread that perf was on recently..

so e-mail me if u have any questions..at more_control@hotmail.com

kninetik
07-04-2004, 03:40 PM
Im going to try with the camera in natural light tomorrow morning. Tried it with flash last night but the silver "Wilson" logo just created a nice big glare muffling out the "crack". Once I do that I will also contact Wilson (thanks for the directions).

I sure hope it is a paint flaw. I would miss it dearly for 2 weeks.

perfmode
07-05-2004, 12:42 PM
yo perfmode, i'm the dude who was trying to sell my 3 POGs and bag to u..i was Geroge, remember?? i was just wondering if u were still interested in purchasing them. i sent u the pics of my raquets, but i lost ur e-mail adress, so i couldn't e-mail u back. SORRY ABOUT THE OFF TOPIC GUYS..it was the only thread that perf was on recently..

so e-mail me if u have any questions..at more_control@hotmail.com

I already bought some hps 6.1's. Thanks though.