PDA

View Full Version : Winning shots

tennisboi206
05-29-2006, 01:28 AM
what are some shots you guys usually do to win the point? id like to know because i really dont have one its usually a ralley between me n my opponet until someone messes up

Andres
05-29-2006, 01:31 AM
A forehand ...

LOL! C'mon you guys!!?? What did u expect me to say!!¿?? :mrgreen:

Duzza
05-29-2006, 02:20 AM
right now ur just a pusher, waiting till your opponent screws up. just work on ur agressive side and shots will come with it

Koaske
05-29-2006, 03:14 AM
Yes, you have to practice finishing shots. It's so important to be able to finish when given a short ball. Forehand is usually a good bet for put-aways since it is usually the better stroke for most players and it can be way faster than backhand. But keep in mind that you can hit a winner off a short ball without power too, if you place the shot well. Volleys can be used for finishing too.

Duzza
05-29-2006, 03:24 AM
backhands are especially tough if you have a 2 hander, because you can be restricted more than forehand

andreh
05-29-2006, 04:34 AM
My winners are almost always vollyes or unreturned serves (not so many clean aces, though).

Duzza
05-29-2006, 04:43 AM
prob coz you're a S&V. I used to be but i'm in the middle at the moment because the level of competition is too difficult for my restricted serve volley skills. Mainly forehand down the line approaches and forehand/backhand passing shots, man they're the easiest

wyutani
05-29-2006, 04:44 AM
what are some shots you guys usually do to win the point? id like to know because i really dont have one its usually a ralley between me n my opponet until someone messes up

yutani's scud serve...