PDA

View Full Version : Federer is a cheater

MasterTS
05-29-2006, 09:01 AM
I know this is a few weeks late but ****!

Just saw the rome finals rerun. Nadal hits the ball clearly in that got called out.. Federer quickly circles the wrong mark and claims the ball is out. Umpire disagrees as the ball was clearly in. Fed makes a hiss about it.. This isn't the first time either! He knew he needed that point badly so had to do whatever it takes to steal it.

And then on another point fed hits it out but claims ball was good, asks umpire to go look.. Umpire looks says yes its out,.. and fed puts up another hiss..

what an ***!

LowProfile
05-29-2006, 09:08 AM
In the intesity of that match, you really have to forgive some short tempers and bad calls like that. It's not like Federer actually got those points. Federer asked earlier for umpire to check a the mark of a shot of his that landed out. Since Nadal was right there, the umpire asked Nadal where it landed. Nadal stared at the mark for a few seconds before throwing up his hands and telling the umpire that he couldn't find it.

In the heat of the battle, you really have to excuse these two exemplary sportsmen for things like this. We'd all do it if we were in their shoes.

HollerOne5
05-29-2006, 09:14 AM
In the intesity of that match, you really have to forgive some short tempers and bad calls like that. It's not like Federer actually got those points. Federer asked earlier for umpire to check a the mark of a shot of his that landed out. Since Nadal was right there, the umpire asked Nadal where it landed. Nadal stared at the mark for a few seconds before throwing up his hands and telling the umpire that he couldn't find it.

In the heat of the battle, you really have to excuse these two exemplary sportsmen for things like this. We'd all do it if we were in their shoes.

No, the point there is that Nadal admitted to not seeing the mark, and earlier in the match, he gave Federer a call, without needed the umpire to come down from the chair. In reverse, instead of admitting he couldn't find a mark, Federer decides to circle the next closest mark that is out. And on more than one occasion, after Nadal had conceded a point earlier, he didn't trust Nadal's opinion and asked for the umpire to check a mark. I think thats messed up.

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
05-29-2006, 09:14 AM
he may have been cheating though you dont know for sure. Math doesn't come down to one point though.

LowProfile
05-29-2006, 09:22 AM
No, the point there is that Nadal admitted to not seeing the mark, and earlier in the match, he gave Federer a call, without needed the umpire to come down from the chair. In reverse, instead of admitting he couldn't find a mark, Federer decides to circle the next closest mark that is out. And on more than one occasion, after Nadal had conceded a point earlier, he didn't trust Nadal's opinion and asked for the umpire to check a mark. I think thats messed up.

Nadal didn't actually concede the point to Federer. He told the umpire he couldn't find the mark and the umpire wouldn't overrule the out call because Nadal wouldn't show him the mark.

The point is both players did this sort of thing during the match and I completely understand. If any of us were in the intensity of that match, I doubt there would be anyone who wouldn't do the same.

ATXtennisaddict
05-29-2006, 10:06 AM
Ban this troll mods.

MasterTS
05-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Ban this troll mods.

Ya ban these trolls for going off topic on my thread.

LordRaceR
05-29-2006, 11:02 AM
Federer VS Haas in AusOpen, the ball was called out and Fed got the break to 4-2 in 5th set, no replay, nothing. But on my recording of that match you can see that ball was 95% in and 5% out. Fed pointed to Haas that was out, but I think it was not. At least, not very nice move from Federer.

Ripper
05-29-2006, 11:05 AM

Just saw the rome finals rerun. Nadal hits the ball clearly in that got called out.. Federer quickly circles the wrong mark and claims the ball is out. Umpire disagrees as the ball was clearly in. Fed makes a hiss about it.. This isn't the first time either! He knew he needed that point badly so had to do whatever it takes to steal it.

And then on another point fed hits it out but claims ball was good, asks umpire to go look.. Umpire looks says yes its out,.. and fed puts up another hiss..

what an ***!

You said it yourself, this is several weeks late. Plus, it's been discussed to death, already. Btw, if you think Fed's an *** for that, you should see the kind of crap Shumy tried to pull out this weekend, at the F1 Monaco GP. lol.

MasterTS
05-29-2006, 11:06 AM
I'm tired of seeing Federer cheat to be the #1 player. Thats just not good form and shows how he is a grade below Agassi and Sampras, true #1 champs that would never cheat!

vive le beau jeu !
05-29-2006, 01:23 PM
you should see the kind of crap Shumy tried to pull out this weekend, at the F1 Monaco GP. lol.
but this ******** is unbeatable in crapness ;)
this is the intergalactical crap champion ! :x

PS: roger didn't cheat. :)

Fedubai
05-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Federer doesn't cheat. It is possible to point to a wrong mark. Think about what you're saying. Federer cheated in the match, and then turned around in his press conference and accused Nadal's coach of not following the rules? In the span of one paragraph, you have called someone you've never even met a cheater, a liar, and hypocrite. Because he happened to point to an incorrect mark during a five hour match, most likely honestly?

I have seen an amazing amount of animosity towards Federer on this board recently. I call it jealousy. Instead of hoping for his demise, why don't we appreciate a very classy person at the top of a sport--this is very rare. So mistakes are made. I'm sure you've made none.

brucie
05-29-2006, 02:07 PM

what an ***!

So youve never argued a call hell if i played for the money they do id ague every call!

Virtuous
05-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Federer VS Haas in AusOpen, the ball was called out and Fed got the break to 4-2 in 5th set, no replay, nothing. But on my recording of that match you can see that ball was 95% in and 5% out. Fed pointed to Haas that was out, but I think it was not. At least, not very nice move from Federer.
Well, you thought wrong. Shotspot confirmed that the ball was out

AUGUSTA
05-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Are you kidding? Federer is 99% quiet and even tempered; and can rely on his talent to be ranked #1. Maybe he is not above being influenced by a strong desire to win which can cloud judgement, but you make him out to be a rouge, which is far from true.

Tennis_Goodness
05-29-2006, 02:43 PM
This is what you get when teenagers and teenage girls post on websites!

AUGUSTA
05-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Furthermore, I see your 5.0 NTRP so you should know a thing or two. I find it hard to believe you seriously think Fed. acts like an ***. You're just trying to be controversial and stir up a lot of Fed fans.

MasterTS
05-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Once a cheater always a cheater..

Remember how Roddick gave Verdasco a critical point, and than lost the match... Roddick is class!!! Federer on the other hand, is very quick to point out imaginary ball marks claiming Nadals ball is out. I'm pretty sure Federer didn't have any idea where the real ball bounced. He just wanted the point, badly.

tlm
05-29-2006, 03:35 PM
You are right on with your opinion masterts,i have seen feds little hissy fits in the past.I would not put cheating past him after seeing the video of the last match.

Not only does he try to cheat,but then he crys about nadal getting coached during the match.It shows what a true baby+poor loser he is.

But watch what you are saying,when you start telling to much truth about fed being the baby that he is you will get jumped on by his fans.No matter what he does it is never wrong,there is some lame excuse to justify it.

fedfan
05-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Once a cheater always a cheater..

Remember how Roddick gave Verdasco a critical point, and than lost the match... Roddick is class!!! Federer on the other hand, is very quick to point out imaginary ball marks claiming Nadals ball is out. I'm pretty sure Federer didn't have any idea where the real ball bounced. He just wanted the point, badly.

i hope that you were joking. roddick is not class. youre making assumptions based on one match about each person. do you know these people? there are videos of him floating on this board that show him yelling at umpires, yelling obscene words, among other things. federer circles a wrong mark and you guys are all over him. have you ever stopped to think that maybe he thought the mark he circled was where he thought the mark was? or do you think at all?

Gilgamesh
05-29-2006, 04:10 PM
i there are videos of him floating on this board that show him yelling at umpires, yelling obscene words, among other things.

He still has ways to go to match prime time McEnroe aka Dennis Rodman's idol.

ZoomUltraflight
05-29-2006, 04:36 PM
yeah roddick and class...........never gona happen! roddick has complained all the time about bad calls and calls taht are right, but he won't admit to them being right. And if federer did point ot the wrong mark, who says that he does this all the time? there are porbably people who cheat every match they play in and get no results. Federer does not become number one by cheating;especially by having linespeople making all the calls! I can assume you are a tennis player and say that i guarntee in a match you have honestly felt you had the right spot for a ball, but people watching the match saw that it was incorrect. Everyone is not perfect and cannot be expected to make 100% accurate calls because we are not machines. Give fed a couple(more like a lot) more bad calls before you or anyone can jump on the "Fed is a cheater" bandwagon.

Count Grishnackh
05-29-2006, 05:17 PM

what an ***!

Yeah, exactly. Well you'll be bombarded by the Fed fans but it's true. Similar to Michael Schumacher. Both him and Federer are great champions of their sport, but then some young Spaniards come into the scene and beat them at their game. So they both cheat to get the edge back. Schumi in Monaco with his deliberate parking on a dangerous turn of the track while Alonso is on the hot lap of chasing pole position, he gets disqualified and starts from the pit lane. Fed points to the wrong mark and looks the fool in front of the referee, Nadal and Alonso both win. Fed is so diplomatic when he's dominating the tour, he loses to Nadal and he's not a saint anymore. Hmmmm!!!!

federerhoogenbandfan
05-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Alonso dominates on all tracks. Nadal dominates on one track(clay).

Count Grishnackh
05-29-2006, 05:20 PM
You are right on with your opinion masterts,i have seen feds little hissy fits in the past.I would not put cheating past him after seeing the video of the last match.

Not only does he try to cheat,but then he crys about nadeal getting coached during the match.It shows what a true baby+poor loser he is.

But watch what you are saying,when you start telling to much truth about fed being the baby that he is you will get jumped on by his fans.No matter what he does it is never wrong,there is some lame excuse to justify it.

You hit the nail right on the head there. Fed fans are vicious in their attempt to make their guy look like an angel.

Amone
05-29-2006, 05:35 PM
Alonso dominates on all tracks. Nadal dominates on one track(clay).

Not quite. Their record's 5-1, did you forget? They've only met thrice on clay. And while I don't know myself, I have heard a few times around here about the [dubious] calls in the match Rafa lost having a definite effect on the outcome.

federerhoogenbandfan
05-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Not quite. Their record's 5-1, did you forget? They've only met thrice on clay. And while I don't know myself, I have heard a few times around here about the [dubious] calls in the match Rafa lost having a definite effect on the outcome.

Nadal is 2-1 vs Federer on hard courts, that is a head to head lead, not domination. Nadal has some success on hard courts with 2 Masters titles, but Federer has more with 2 slam titles and 5 Masters titles in the last 1.5 years. So Federer is the one who dominates the tour on hard courts not Nadal, and Nadal only has a slight head to head edge on hard courts, not dominating one. As for grass Federer is the best, and Nadal is about 50th best, so he isnt even close to dominating there.

Amone
05-29-2006, 05:44 PM
That's double, FedHoo! DOUBLE! 200% is a pretty big lead, ESPECIALLY when the match Nadal lost had obviously bad calls! When you can answer me that, then maybe you can have some credibility.

federerhoogenbandfan
05-29-2006, 05:48 PM
That's double, FedHoo! DOUBLE! 200% is a pretty big lead, ESPECIALLY when the match Nadal lost had obviously bad calls! When you can answer me that, then maybe you can have some credibility.

Dont give me that c%ap about Nadal's loss not counting because you didnt like some line calls. Nadal lost the match period, he has won two matches yes, 2-1 is not a big lead head to head sorry. It also does not mean as much as who wins more events. Federer has won 2 slams in the last 18 months on hard courts, and 5 Masters titles. Nadal has won 0 slams in the last 18 months on hard courts, and 2 Masters titles. On grass Federer is by far the best, and Nadal isnt even in the top 30. Nadal is better on clay I agree. So you have:

Clay: Nadal>Federer
Hard: Federer>Nadal
Grass: Federer>>>>>Nadal

So who dominates mens tennis? Federer.

You honestly think you have credability with your lame arguments, ROTFL!

federerhoogenbandfan
05-29-2006, 05:49 PM
I would add if they had met 3 times on grass, just like they have met 3 times on clay, the head to head would only be 5-4 Nadal, almost a tie, since anytime Nadal and Federer play on grass it is an automatic loss for Nadal, there would be no point even holding the match actualy. Their head to head is skewed by having 3 matches on clay, which favor Nadal most, and 0 on grass.

Max G.
05-29-2006, 05:51 PM
That's double, FedHoo! DOUBLE! 200% is a pretty big lead,

However, it's 1 match, and 1 match is not a big lead. 1-0 isn't a big lead, nor is 2-1 or 3-2.

I do agree that currently Nadal dominates Fed, but I don't like people that try to bend statistics to exaggerate their point ;)

Amone
05-29-2006, 05:52 PM
I don't have credibility, I just have making sense, and not obviously being biased. Let's make something clear, though. Great lead or no, you're wrong about your lead.

Clay, Nadal > Everyone else.

Hard, Fed > Everyone-- except his equal, Nadal.
Nadal < Blake < Fed, though, which is rather confusing, considering the Fed - Nadal record.

Grass, you're right. Fed > everyone

Where is my flaw in logic there? How is Federer better than Nadal, if they've met three times on hard, and Nadal's won twice? That sounds like 'about equal' to me. Also, to answer your likely answer that if Nadal can't beat Blake, then he's obviously not as good, what about Safin and Santoro? Does that mean that Santoro could beat, say, Gasquet frequently? Because Safin's up 3-0 against him now, and Santoro's up 7-2 against Safin. Oh, wait, Gasquet and Santoro have never managed to play each other, I guess we'll never know. But I'm pretty sure you know the answer.

PS. I admit it, I might've gone a little overboard a few minutes ago.

federerhoogenbandfan
05-29-2006, 05:55 PM
Amone you are really pathetic, I am not going to waste my time trying to educate a novice like you, continue living in your deluded World where Nadal dominates on all tracks the way his countryman Alonso does, and dont watch Wimbledon or the U.S Open to have your bubble broken for you.

Amone
05-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Haha, no, Nadal's game is the antigrass. Don't try to imply I'd even guess something like that. That's just a low blow, man.

I am, however, interested in seeing someone's answer to the Santoro-Safin reference there, since I constantly see FedExites refer to the fact that Nadal gets beat by Blake so badly as proof Nadal's not as good.

federerhoogenbandfan
05-29-2006, 06:02 PM
By conceding Nadal is Federer's virtual equal you are conceding he is where Alonso is in auto racing anyway. Schumacher is the best ever probably, but currently is not Alonso's equal, as I said Alonso totally dominates the sport right now, not certain tracks, not one opponent, the whole sport.

superman1
05-29-2006, 06:04 PM
BTW, Federer pointed to the correct mark. It caught the line, but he was just hoping to catch a break. Whenever a ball hits the line and causes the player to go off balance and hit it back short, they are always suspicious about that ball.

Amone
05-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Ah, but in fact, I never said anything about F1, you did. I don't know anything about it, except Schumy kicked *** in '05, and it's a lot faster than NASCAR. *shudder* I hate Nascar....

And yeah, I just thought you were being unreasonably favoring to one side, I know Fed pretty much owns the number one slot for at LEAST another year or two.

FedererUberAlles
05-29-2006, 07:16 PM
I AGREE! LET'S GO ON A MANHUNT FOR FEDERER! WHO IS WITH ME? SAY I!

i

malakas
05-29-2006, 07:24 PM
I!!!!:evil:

:lol: :lol:

wyutani
05-29-2006, 07:37 PM

what an ***!

i think the pressure is getting to him mate'...but cheat? no~

Count Grishnackh
05-29-2006, 08:51 PM
By conceding Nadal is Federer's virtual equal you are conceding he is where Alonso is in auto racing anyway. Schumacher is the best ever probably, but currently is not Alonso's equal, as I said Alonso totally dominates the sport right now, not certain tracks, not one opponent, the whole sport.

Schumacher is probably not even in the top 5 best drivers in F1 history. Titles are nice when your main competition retired (Hakkinen), got killed (Senna) or was not present until now (Alonso). Senna is the best ever, bar none. Prost, Jim Clark, JM Fangio and maybe it's between Jackie Stewart and Nelson Piquet. Schumacher only won when he had the best car and team orders around him.

arosen
05-29-2006, 09:02 PM
I'm tired of seeing Federer cheat to be the #1 player. Thats just not good form and shows how he is a grade below Agassi and Sampras, true #1 champs that would never cheat!

Yeah, I am sick and tired of Roger cheating his way to those Grandslam titles. Enough is enough. You can only point to the wrong mark so many times. Clearly Fed is out of line. Also,have you noticed those BH slices he hits? Those are pansy cheat shots, he knows how to hit topspin, so WTF?!?!? What a cheater.

MasterTS
05-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I am sick and tired of Roger cheating his way to those Grandslam titles. Enough is enough. You can only point to the wrong mark so many times. Clearly Fed is out of line. Also,have you noticed those BH slices he hits? Those are pansy cheat shots, he knows how to hit topspin, so WTF?!?!? What a cheater.

I second that.. we're here to watch tennis, not pansy cheat shots. Ban those damn slices for good.

dh003i
05-29-2006, 10:17 PM
Amone,

Obviously, you have problems understanding simple logic. Some of the things you pointed out only prove my point further:

Head-to-head comparisons do not determine who the better player is.

Let me say that again:

Head-to-head comparisons do not determine who the better player is.

What determines who the best player is?

Slams
Ranking
Win %

I wasn't trying to say Blake was better than Nadal. I was trying to show the logical absurdity of using head-to-head comparisons to determine who the better player is.

Such a system is internally inconsistent, in that it produces contradictions due to h2h triangles, and non transposition of h2h. In mathematics, if A > B, and B > C, THEN A > C. In head-to-head comparisions, if A > B, and B > C, that does NOT mean that A > C. In short, such a system is internally inconsistent, thus it is necessarily false, incoherent, and erroneous.

The fact that no one worth anything in the tennis world considers head-to-head comparisons as the determination of who the better player is also says something.

HollerOne5
05-29-2006, 10:17 PM
I would add if they had met 3 times on grass, just like they have met 3 times on clay, the head to head would only be 5-4 Nadal, almost a tie, since anytime Nadal and Federer play on grass it is an automatic loss for Nadal, there would be no point even holding the match actualy. Their head to head is skewed by having 3 matches on clay, which favor Nadal most, and 0 on grass.

What an idiot? How do you know what it would be? For one thing, your "point" is pointless because they would never meet on grass as many times as clay, and not because of Nadal's ability of not making finals. Grass is a joke and completely outdated, let alone favoring players with no all court skills (aka Karlovic). No one is doubting that Federer is better than Nadal on grass, but who cares? No one grows up playing on grass all the time hoping to dominate that surface. It just so happens Federer's style of game suits grass more than Nadal's, but the true comparison is on hard courts if you ask me. Its in between clay and grass, and there are no weird bounces and the ball stays true. There, my friends, is a 2-1 edge for Nadal. Eat it.

dh003i
05-29-2006, 10:20 PM
I second that.. we're here to watch tennis, not pansy cheat shots. Ban those damn slices for good.

Hey, dimwits, if its not prohibited, it's not cheating.

I see no reason to prohibit a certain way of hitting the ball. All that is is cowardice because you want to neutralize something someone's good at. Sort of like how the NBA prohibited dunks when Chamberlain came of age.

dh003i
05-29-2006, 10:24 PM
HollerOne,

This ******** argument that grass is outdated. Sorry you don't like it, but who cares. Wimbledon is considered the most prestigious, traditional slam. It's the best.

Tough for you Nadal sucks on grass, and Federer is a 3-dimensional player who's great on every surface.

dewey2110
05-29-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm not a aniti-fed or anything but...I remember a match I watched a year ago. Fed won a very Important point of the match that he wasn't supposed to. Maybe he doesn't do it on purpose and try to cheat, but his attitude is revealed when he plays a tough opponent that gives him lot of troubles.

mileslong
05-29-2006, 10:40 PM
well if nadal was good enough to reach any finals on any surface but clay then feds record against him would look a lot better. fed always gets to the final despite the surface and clay is the only surface nadal will do any damage on.

thats why when they meet its always on clay almost which skews the record...

MasterTS
05-29-2006, 11:03 PM
well if nadal was good enough to reach any finals on any surface but clay then feds record against him would look a lot better. fed always gets to the final despite the surface and clay is the only surface nadal will do any damage on.

thats why when they meet its always on clay almost which skews the record...

You blind? Who beat fed at dubai?

superman1
05-30-2006, 12:44 AM
Nadal barely beat him on that hard court, and I doubt it will happen again anytime soon.

The record is 5-1, leave it at that. But in my opinion, that record is going to even out sooner or later, so I don't know what the gloating is about. If when these guys both retire, Nadal is 18-6 against Federer or something really skewed like that, THEN I will concede that Nadal's game is just too much for Fed.

Count Grishnackh
05-30-2006, 06:03 AM
Nadal barely beat him on that hard court, and I doubt it will happen again anytime soon.

The record is 5-1, leave it at that. But in my opinion, that record is going to even out sooner or later, so I don't know what the gloating is about. If when these guys both retire, Nadal is 18-6 against Federer or something really skewed like that, THEN I will concede that Nadal's game is just too much for Fed.

He barely beat him, and when Fed came back from 2 sets and a break down in Miami he barely beat him too. Your point? Nadal beats him on hard court too so that kills your argument. Braindead Fed fans.

dh003i
05-30-2006, 07:41 AM
Count,

Too bad Nadal crashes out of every slam other than the French. And if Federer beats Nadal at the FO this year, what will his h2h record against Federer mean? Nothing.

Here's the important record: 7-1. Federer. And that includes many slams after Nadal started to become a factor on clay.

Eviscerator
05-30-2006, 08:45 AM

There are no buts about it as this has been discussed in many different threads already. Try doing a search next time, it is easier than you think. For instance;

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=99888

or

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=898023#post898023

and plenty more if you look.

The Pusher Terminator
05-30-2006, 02:43 PM
There are no buts about it as this has been discussed in many different threads already. Try doing a search next time, it is easier than you think. For instance;

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=99888

or

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=898023#post898023

and plenty more if you look.

Why should he? We all know Federer is a cheater.

Roger is Boring
05-30-2006, 06:25 PM

what an ***!
ITA ! people have always say what a class act federer is but nadal has exposed what fed really is--an arrogant sore loser! when he is losing he will cheat! I cant wiat until nadal kicks his phony gentleman *** again-VAmOoOoSSsssss RaFAaaaa!!!!!

MasterTS
05-30-2006, 06:52 PM
ITA ! people have always say what a class act federer is but nadal has exposed what fed really is--an arrogant sore loser! when he is losing he will cheat! I cant wiat until nadal kicks his phony gentleman *** again-VAmOoOoSSsssss RaFAaaaa!!!!!

Very well said... Before Roger was always winning so obviously he's going to be a "gentlemen" and make comments like.. "What a pity, he lost"..

Why cheat when you're already beating up hewitt, roddick, and the likes!

But the minute roger faces true adversity, he cheats!

Fedexeon
05-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Let them say what they want.... As if those words or insults will make Federer to lose a match
HAHA

The Pusher Terminator
05-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Let them say what they want.... As if those words or insults will make Federer to lose a match
HAHA

No...Nadal will make Federer lose a match.

AUGUSTA
05-30-2006, 07:49 PM
I can't resist pointing out the obvious. A club player may cheat and win. But do you honestly believe a pro can win a single match, much less become #1, by cheating? Children, they could never get away with it.

Count Grishnackh
05-31-2006, 06:06 AM
I can't resist pointing out the obvious. A club player may cheat and win. But do you honestly believe a pro can win a single match, much less become #1, by cheating? Children, they could never get away with it.

In that part of the match, it would've been the difference between winning and losing. 5th set tiebreak? Of course! You are correct on one part of your post. Children, they could never get away with it, if that child is Roger Federer.

Fischer76
05-31-2006, 07:41 AM

Wonder why people get so worked up about Fed cheating. Besides, Schumy is there already so I guess Fed thinks he's in good company. LMAO:mrgreen: