PDA

View Full Version : LM Radical OPEN string pattern!!!

gokou703
07-03-2004, 11:07 PM
I'm using the LM radical MP as of now. I'm thinking about switching rackets because of only one reason...the lack of spin potential the 18X20 string pattern gives this racket. Does anyone have any suggestions of rackets that are pretty similar to the radical but has a more open string pattern? So far i'm considering the POG, tour 90/95, and the ncode 90/95. I would prefer a softer racket like the LM radical, but it seems like i'll be stuck with the stiff players rackets in the wilson line. I don't really think that my arm can handle those stiff frames... Can some people help me out here? any suggestions would help...

womackD
07-03-2004, 11:34 PM
How about the Volkl VE 9 with the 16x19 pattern? Similiar specs to the LM Radical.

Tommy Haas
07-04-2004, 12:24 AM
* deleted *

rooski
07-04-2004, 04:36 AM
Don't get so caught up in "spin potential". As Gaines said in another post on this topic, producing spin is a lot more about technique and racket head speed than the string pattern. Look at all the European dirt ballers using Prestige's and the massive amount of spin they put on the ball.

I use a 18x20 pattern racket and contrary to others experiences, I can hit big kick serves with it as well as heavy topspin groundstrokes. As Lee Trevino said so well, "It aint the arrow....it's the Indian"

Steve Huff
07-04-2004, 01:40 PM
Look at the ProKennex Core 1 line. The #10 and #6 may be good models for you to try.

cbegap
07-04-2004, 02:00 PM
I was in your same spot several months ago and here is my .02. I first bought a POG mid with the super open pattern of 14x18. It does have good spin potential. The strings also move all over creation fairly quickly so string life my be an issue. If you go with it buy 2 of them so you have a backup. The only reason I stopped using it is because my elbow was hurting (not from this racquet). I ended up going to the superflexy Dunlop MW 200g 95. Seems that the only thing that really helped with my arm was going with something along the same lines of what you have. That was after trying the Pro Kennex 5g. I am starting to generate more topspin as I get use to the racquet. Long story short, I think both racquets are get. I serve harder with the Dunlops and they are better for my arm. I would concentrate on footwork, getting around to the side of the ball, and swinging out low to high.

rondallrp
07-04-2004, 05:36 PM
I was using the I-Radical and I-Tour. I switched to the Diablo MP for the same exact reasons. First, If you really like the LM Radical, try switching string.

If you are stuck on switching to a racquet with a more open string pattern and a more flexible frame, I suggest looking at the Prince Diablo MP. The MP not the Mid. The MP has an open string pattern, really good flex (Soft Feel) and about the same power-control ratio. The Diablo MP swings a little lighter but plays like a players racquet.

I can switch between all three racquets I-Radical, I-Tour and Diablo with out much adjustment.

Be warned though. The spin potential is just that, potential. When my I-radical was strung with Wilson's Hyper Spin string and my Diablo had Prince sweet perfection. The Diablo only bit slightly more given the same swing. Head weight, string and the way you stroke is even more important.

Good Luck